Summer Olympic Games - London 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad Canada at least one the Bronze. Those girls did a great job.

As for the referee she made several bonehead calls (not just that one call), such as the handball against Canada in the first half by the American net that didn't even come close to hitting her arm/hand. The way that play was working out it was at least going to give Canada an opportunity to get a scoring chance. There are others, but she was a crummy referee whether or not she favored the American team and I hope she never referee's a game of such importance again.

Any good referee worth a lick isn't going to make a deciding call like that which could determine the outcome of a game unless it impeded the other team such as a handball in the penalty zone or a trip of a player. It wasn't anything close to that, it didn't stop the American team from attempting to score nor did it happen all game. It was a BS call to make late in a game that obviously greatly gave the American team a huge opportunity that lead to the tie and eventual win.

I am not mad, it's over and nothing can be done now so yes more volleyball pics. :)

Lloyd scores 2 golds for team USA in women's soccer . Unless Japan ties it up It looks like it will be USA GOLD in women's soccer.

Last edited:
I am glad Canada at least one the Bronze. Those girls did a great job.

As for the referee she made several bonehead calls (not just that one call), such as the handball against Canada in the first half by the American net that didn't even come close to hitting her arm/hand. The way that play was working out it was at least going to give Canada an opportunity to get a scoring chance. There are others, but she was a crummy referee whether or not she favored the American team and I hope she never referee's a game of such importance again.

Any good referee worth a lick isn't going to make a deciding call like that which could determine the outcome of a game unless it impeded the other team such as a handball in the penalty zone or a trip of a player. It wasn't anything close to that, it didn't stop the American team from attempting to score nor did it happen all game. It was a BS call to make late in a game that obviously greatly gave the American team a huge opportunity that lead to the tie and eventual win.

I am not mad, it's over and nothing can be done now so yes more volleyball pics. :)

Yeah she also missed Tancready stomping on a USA player's head.

tumblr_m8exblpPIT1rswh6io1_500.gif

Jamaica is champion of the sprints again as Bolt wins the 200m with fellow countrymen Blake and Weir right behind.

US takes gold (Christian Taylor) and silver (Will Claye) in the men's triple jump.

Those saying that the US probably wouldn't catch China in the medals count, especially the gold medals.....do ya'll want to change your statement?

Those saying that the US probably wouldn't catch China in the medals count, especially the gold medals.....do ya'll want to change your statement?
There are still a lot of medals left for the US. Women's soccer and water polo are leading their gold medal matches. The relays in track are strong. The US is going to win the gold and silver in the decathlon. The basketball teams are prohibitive favorites for gold. That right there is about ten medals, of all colors, that could still be won.

That's why I'm giving them a chance to change their statements....lol The US is already far ahead in overall count, but only 1 behind as far as gold.

US just won the women's soccer and water polo finals. Two more golds to add to an impressive haul today.

Usain Bolt is just electric, amazing charisma that is a huge boost as he is the star athlete of track & field, and that was a great 1, 2, 3 for Jamaica and a closer race between Bolt and Blake than some may have expected, for a split second I thought maybe Blake was gonna reel him in.

David Rudisha's world record breaking 800M win was simply outstanding and he is a very humble guy, all in all a great night for track performances.

Usain Bolt is just electric, amazing charisma that is a huge boost as he is the star athlete of track & field, and that was a great 1, 2, 3 for Jamaica and a closer race between Bolt and Blake than some may have expected, for a split second I thought maybe Blake was gonna reel him in.

David Rudisha's world record breaking 800M win was simply outstanding and he is a very humble guy, all in all a great night for track performances.
I think we can say that he's probably one of the greatest sprinters of all-time and he's only 25.

US just won the women's soccer and water polo finals. Two more golds to add to an impressive haul today.

I told ya the Women of the USA have really step up and brought more Gold in than the Men this time around in the Olympic.

And Bolt is a good guy....I was totally impressed with how he paused an interview with a Spanish reporter to pay respect to the US anthem .... very cool.

Ashton Eaton wins the gold medal in the decathlon, narrowly missing the Olympic record. Trey Hardee of the US finished 2nd.

The men have just been lackluster this Olympics, except for maybe swimming.

Agreed. Phelps and the mens swimming team have been the USA anchor representing The Men. But God bless the USA Women because they've been such a dominating force.

It really seems like Bolt let Blake win those 2 races just to get publicity for Blake... Blake is fast and all, but Bolt is from another planet... Someone needs to get that man in an Atlanta Falcons jersey.

It does feel like quite a few people have been taking dives at this Olympics.

I know it sounds rather dumb to say.. but both times in these olympics, Bolt lets up and just cruises in for the win... if he went all out the whole time, there is just no way Blake ever beat him unless he was wearing a parachute.

Unless, Bolt started letting up too eary and Blake snuck in for those 2 wins :hehe:

I think we can say that he's probably one of the greatest sprinters of all-time and he's only 25.

I think most already regard him as the greatest sprinter ever, even my fav of all time Michael Johnson said he thinks he is.

And Bolt is a good guy....I was totally impressed with how he paused an interview with a Spanish reporter to pay respect to the US anthem .... very cool.

Yeah he did that for the Kenyan anthem as wel.l when David Rudisha was getting his medal, he's a class act.

Michael Johnson and his gold shoes :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back