Summon Night 6 JRPG: PS Vita&PlayStation 4 coming early 17

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score

PS Vita, PlayStation 4
Summon Night 6 coming west in early 2017

Published 12 hours ago. 179 comments.
Due out physically and digitally in North America.
SN6LB-Coming-West.jpg

Gaijinworks is bringing Summon Night 6: Lost Borders to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in North America, South America, and Europe in Q1 2017, the company announced.

The game will release both physically at retail and digitally via the PlayStation Store in North America, and digital-only in South America and Europe. A limited edition deluxe physical version only available via the Gaijinworks official website will also be released, with details due out after E3 2016.

Here’s an overview of the game, via Gaijinworks:
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders weaves an emotional tale of friendship and discovery that begins in the sparsely populated “cocoon world” of Fillujah, where the three main characters (Raj, Amu and Ist) live in virtual isolation. Each has a single companion, a flying sidekick with an amazing special power, and they are all surprised when dozens of strangers begin to suddenly appear—literally falling out of the clear, blue sky. Lost Borders can be played and enjoyed without any knowledge of the previous games in the series, but fans will recognize that the mysterious strangers are actually returning characters from all of the mainline Summon Night games.
Released in Japan as a celebration of the series’ 15th anniversary, Summon Night 6: Lost Borders offers gorgeous widescreen graphics presented in high definition, a first for the series. The fully 3-D battle system allows Chain Attacks that happen automatically when an enemy is surrounded by two or more allies; in these situations, each ally can hit the enemy without risk of counterattack. In addition to the Summons that are a hallmark of the series, two allies can team up for a breathtaking “Summon Burst” attack that invokes a devastating magical strike from one of many giant fantastical creatures.

Combat is only one part of the Summon Night 6 experience. The series is well known for its “night conversations”—one-on-one encounters where various characters confide in one another, leading to a web of elaborate, emotional storytelling with many different branching paths.

Lost Borders also includes several charming mini-games: One has you fishing for different types of aquatic creatures, while another involves cooking power-up meals using the bounty you’ve caught with your fishing pole.

The game features more than a dozen endings, many of which have sub-endings that can change depending on the player’s affinity level with a particular character. “Summon Night 6 is one of our biggest projects to date,” Gaijinworks president Victor Ireland explains. “It has enough text to fill about five novels—over 50% more than the huge volume of text that Summon Night 5 had.”

Adding to the enormity of the localization task is the fact that the English-language version of Summon Night 6 will feature voice acting: All key events will be voiced, as in the original Japanese version. Recording of the English voice begins this month.
View the first set of English screenshots at the gallery.visit gallery »

Read More

PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Bandai Namco, E3 2016, Gaijinworks, Localization, RPG, Screenshots, Summon Night 6: Lost Borders

source: Gematsu

Gaijinworks recently announced that they will be localizing Summon Night 6 for the PlayStation 4. Operation Rainfall was given the chance to test out the game during E3 2016. Being apart of the first group of journalists came with a bit pressure, especially when Vic Ireland warned us that only three other groups have been able to get through the demo. My gamer cred was being put on the line with this one; I wasn’t going to fail myself and our readers by losing at some early demo like some normie. What I played was one of the most strategic and intense battles since Tactics Ogre.

Combat began with a dramatic set of dialog where the story was setting up a boss fight. A character has been possessed and the only way to save him is by defeating him and his small group of evil pumpkins and witches. So I’m in the battle and everything is familiar, but one minute into the fight and BAM, a member of my party is already dead. Then I decided it’s time to get serious. I tried to bait the enemies to come to me. Since Summon Night 6 relies heavily on chain attacks (this is when your party surrounds an enemy and not only do you get in two attacks on the enemy, but they are not able to counter you) it’s best not to go rushing in to sure death.

Towards the middle of the battle a new character was introduced and with her came a new objective; each battle is graded at the end and your score depends on if characters die and if these objectives are completed. So when the character appeared on the battlefield, you were told to keep her alive till the end. This was only made possible by manipulating the battlefield with another character’s special skill. Summon Night 6 allows players to place blocks on the battlefield to reach a higher area. In addition to this, you are able to destroy them. If used correctly, the player can get a character out of tough situation and destroy the block to trap the enemy on the cliff.

Towards the end of the battle my skills were put to the test; the possessed boss began killing members of my party with one shot. I could feel my hands begin to sweat but I knew I didn’t come this far to just lose the battle in front of my co-worker and Vic Ireland. So I positioned my troops around the boss and executed their special attacks. You’re encouraged to use these attacks against the boss, but you are free to use them whenever you want. My tactics were successful, and I won the fight! A mini victory song played in my head as the rank of my battle was given as an ‘A’. I figured it was because I am ‘Awesome’.

I knew then that I wanted more; I wanted to know these characters and learn their abilities. This battle was not enough to plan out the perfect way to go about the mission without losing anyone. I need more battles. But I’ll have to wait until Summon Night 6 comes to the PlayStation 4 (the game is also coming out for the PlayStation Vita) and is now one of my most anticipated titles on the console. And to the readers, I was happy that I passed the mission and was allowed to represent this website like the true RPG gamer that I am.

source: Operation Rainfall

PS Vita, PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Summon Night 6 launches February 2017 in the west[/FONT]
Published 12 hours ago. 100 comments.
$149 "Wonderful Edition" detailed.

SN6-Feb-2017-West.jpg

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders will launch for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in North America and Europe in February 2017, publisher Gaijinworks announced.

The game will be released in a standard retail version including a case, disc, and physical manual in North America, and a digital-only standard release in South America and Europe. A $149 “Wonderful Edition” will also be available. including:

• PS4 Game with Multi-Sided Coversheet, Full Color Game Manual, and Full Color Disc Label
  • Dust-Jacketed, Hardcover 200+ Page Deluxe Art Book that chronicles the Summon Night Series
  • Summon Night 6: Lost Borders 32 Track FULL Soundtrack with Full Color Disc Label
  • Exclusive 7″ Plush (One of three possible sidekick characters from the game, Pink (shown), Blue, Grey, randomly inserted)
  • Exclusive Four PVC Molded Drink Coasters, one for each of the main characters, and one of the game logo
  • Exclusive Huge 21″ x 30″ poster (shown folded in picture)
  • Exclusive Collector’s Box to hold everything
  • Exclusive Serial Numbered Hologram
Pre-orders for the Wonderful Edition are exclusive to the Gaijinworks website and begin today with a $20 discount. Shipping is available worldwide.
Here’s a brief overview of the game, via Gaijinworks on the PlayStation Blog:
The game centers on three main characters living in isolation. Their solitary routines are upended when people literally begin falling from the sky into their world. At first, they struggle to learn who the visitors are and why they dropped in, but as they unravel the mystery they learn the power of friendship, eventually using that power to help them overcome a dark secret that cuts to the heart of their reality.
The gameplay is classic Summon Night, but turbocharged and streamlined. The usual strategy grid is displayed when you move, but the characters are free to run anywhere within their movement range without being limited to the squares. The Summon magic is represented here, as expected, as are assists, but there’s a new huge Summon Burst type of attack that unleashes crazy devastation on enemies.
Terrain is expressed in 3D beautifully, as are the characters. And the ever-popular night conversations are available with more characters than ever to help develop strong ties with allies at the end of every chapter. Summon Night 6 also supports cross save, allowing the game to be played on both PS4 and PS Vita. And players will need that edge because the game is a replay beast, with more than a dozen endings to see.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
visit gallery »

Read More

PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Bandai Namco, Gaijinworks, Media Vision, Release Dates, RPG, Screenshots, Special Editions, Summon Night 6: Lost Borders

Summon Night 6 Wonderful Edition Getting A Vita Version. August 2, 2016 . 1:30pm

The PlayStation Vita version of Summon Night 6: Lost Borders will also be getting a Wonderful Edition,
due to fan demand. Its pricing structure is identical to the PlayStation 4’s limited edition.

11 comments Read >

When Gaijinworks announced a limited edition of Summon Night 6: Lost Borders last month, the Wonderful Edition was exclusive to PlayStation 4s. Today, the company has announced a Vita version of the Summon Night 6: Lost Borders Wonderful Edition in response to fan demand for the game. It will be identical to the console version, only with a copy of the game for the handheld and number hologram.

The Summon Night 6: Lost Borders Wonderful Edition for PlayStation Vitas comes with a physical copy of the game, complete with manual and multi-sided coversheet, a 200-page, hardcover art book with dust jacket, 32-track full soundtrack CD, 7” plush toy of one of the three sidekick characters, and four PVC coasters. It will also come with a PlayStation Vita-specific 21” x 30” poster.

As with the PlayStation 4 version of the Summon Night 6: Lost Borders Wonderful Edition, the PlayStation Vita version has a pre-order discount in effect. People who purchase before September 15, 2016 can get it for $115 before shipping. People who purchase between September 16-October 31, 2016 will pay $135. Gaijinworks will stop selling this limited edition on October 31, 2016.

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders will come to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in February 2017.

Read more stories about PlayStation 4 & PlayStation Vita & Summon Night 6 on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

PS Vita, PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Summon Night 6: Lost Borders launches May 23 in the west[/FONT]

Published 2 hours ago. 19 comments.

Physical and digital in North America, digital-only in Europe.

Summon-Night-6-May-23-West.jpg

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders will launch physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in North America on May 23, publisher Gaijinworks confirmed to Gematsu.

The game is aiming for a simultaneous digital-only release in South America and Europe, but notes that if it doesn’t appear on the PlayStation Store on May 23, then it will appear “very soon after.”

The PlayStation 4 physical version will ship in Raj, Amu, and Ist Editions. Each edition has a different character artwork on the disc and on the back of the box. The PS Vita physical version will not ship in multiple editions.

Here’s an overview of the game:
About
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders weaves an emotional tale of friendship and discovery that begins in the sparsely populated “cocoon world” of Fillujah, where the three main characters (Raj, Amu and Ist) live in virtual isolation. Each has a single companion, a flying sidekick with an amazing special power, and they are all surprised when dozens of strangers begin to suddenly appear-literally falling out of the clear, blue sky.

Lost Borders can be played and enjoyed without any knowledge of the previous games in the series, but fans will recognize that the mysterious strangers are actually returning characters from all of the mainline Summon Night games. Originally released in Japan as a celebration of the award-winning series’ 15th anniversary, Summon Night 6: Lost Borders offers gorgeous widescreen graphics presented in high definition, a first for the series.

The fully 3-D battle system allows Chain Attacks that happen automatically when an enemy is surrounded by two or more allies; in these situations, each ally can hit the enemy without risk of counterattack. In addition to the Summons that are a hallmark of the series, two allies can team up for a breathtaking “Summon Burst” attack that invokes a devastating magical strike from one of many giant fantastical creatures.

Combat is only one part of the Summon Night 6 experience.
The series is well known for its “night conversations”-one-on-one encounters where various characters confide in one another, leading to a web of elaborate, emotional storytelling with many different branching paths.

Lost Borders also includes several charming mini-games: One has you fishing for different types of aquatic creatures, while another involves cooking power-up meals using the bounty you’ve caught with your fishing pole.

Key Features

• A gorgeous strategy role-playing game
  • Cross-save support between PlayStation 4 and PS Vita versions
  • Three difficulty levels, from Casual to Veteran
  • A huge cast of 50-plus characters
  • Scenario and Free Battle modes
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

Read More

PlayStation 4,PS Vita,Bandai Namco,Gaijinworks,Media Vision,Release Dates,RPG,Screenshots,Summon Night 6: Lost Borders

Summon Night 6 Game's May 23 Release Date, English Dub Cast Revealed

Mar 8, 16:30 games4 comments

PS4/PS Vita game casts Micah Duclos, Kathy Emma ― Video game publisher Gaijinworks announced on Wednesday that its English release of the Summon Night 6: Lost Borders PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita game is
Read more

PS4/PS Vita game casts Micah Duclos, Kathy Emma
summonnight6.jpg
Video game publisher Gaijinworks announced on Wednesday that its English release of the Summon Night 6: Lost Borders PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita game is slated for May 23 in North America. The game will have three different packaging options in addition to the "Wonderful Edition" box set that was available for early preorders. The initial print run will include a voucher that can be mailed in for a soundtrack CD. Gaijinworks will also release the game digitally in North America, South America, and Europe.
Gaijinworks also announced the English dub cast:

The game shipped for PS4 and PS Vita in Japan in March 2016 as a celebration of the game series' 15th anniversary.
Gaijinworks describes the story:
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders weaves an emotional tale of friendship and discovery that begins in the sparsely populated “cocoon world” of Fillujah, where the three main characters (Raj, Amu and Ist) live in virtual isolation. Each has a single companion, a flying sidekick with an amazing special power, and they are all surprised when dozens of strangers begin to suddenly appear—literally falling out of the clear, blue sky. Lost Borders can be played and enjoyed without any knowledge of the previous games in the series, but fans will recognize that the mysterious strangers are actually returning characters from all of the mainline Summon Night games.​
Bandai Namco Games released Summon Night 5 on the PlayStation Portable in 2013 in Japan. Gaijinworks released the game in English on December 15 for the PSP and PS Vita.

source:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/

logo.name.no-dot.png

Summon Night 6 Will Be Delayed. May 10, 2017 . 8:00am

The English release of Summon Night 6 has been delayed, due to Gaijinworks not receiving the final ROM for the game.

58 comments Read >

Back in March, Gaijinworks said that Summon Night 6 would be coming to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on May 23, 2017. However, it will not be meeting that release date. An official forum post from Victor Ireland, the company’s founder, notes that unforeseen circumstances have pushed the launch date back an undetermined amount of time. (Thanks, RPG Site!)

The Summon Night 6 delay is due to Gaijinworks not receiving the final ROM of the game. The following is Ireland’s full statement from the Gaijinworks forum.
“The ROM we received that was supposedly final was missing content when we tested it, so we have to have that fixed. Even if we get it back, tested and into Sony by the end of next week (which is herculean, and assumes the replacement ROM is right), I doubt the end of May will hold. I just don’t have a better idea until we receive the fixed ROM and test it.

We’ve told retailers and distributors, who may put up new placeholder dates, but know that we have NOT set a new date, and can’t until we test the replacement ROM. Once it gets past us, it’s very likely to get through Sony, so we’re on the manufacture train at that point, and manufacture is a few weeks.

Sucks, I know. We’re disappointed, too, because it means ANOTHER playthrough to test the fixed ROM, and a delay for fans, but trust me, you did NOT want the version we got, and I prefer to release as clean a disc as possible instead of a mess that is day-one patched, because someday those patch servers will not be there and the mess on the disc is all people will have to judge the game by.”

This is Summon Night 6’s second delay. Its original launch window was February 2017. Summon Night 6 first appeared on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in Japan on March 10, 2016.

Read more stories about PlayStation 4 & PlayStation Vita & Summon Night 6 on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

English voiced Dubbed trailer below

PS Vita, PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Summon Night 6: Lost Borders English voice-over gameplay[/FONT]

Published 1 hour ago. 18 comments.

Here's what Luvaid, Magna, Amer, and more sound like in English.

Summon-Night-6-English-Footage_05-25-17.jpg

Gaijinworks has released the first English voice-over footage of Summon Night 6: Lost Borders.

The seven-minute clip previews the English voices for characters Luvaid, Magna, Amer, Aty, Resi, Raj, and Saver Aty.

As far as what has currently been announced, Summon Night 6: Lost Borders will only feature English voice-overs.

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders was previously planned for a PlayStation 4 and PS Vita release in North America (physical and digital) and Europe (digital-only) on May 23, but has been delayed to an unannounced release date. Retailers such as Amazon now have it listed for June 27.

Watch the footage below.

[YT]Hwz916YdnMg[/YT]

Read More

PlayStation 4,PS Vita,Bandai Namco,Clips,Gaijinworks,Gameplay,Media Vision,RPG,Summon Night 6: Lost Borders

PS Vita, PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Summon Night 6: Lost Borders launches October 31 in North America, shortly after in Europe[/FONT]
Published 8 hours ago. 38 comments.

Hopefully this release date sticks.
SN6-Oct-31_10-17-17.jpg

After several delays, Summon Night 6: Lost Borders will launch both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in North America on October 31, publisher Gaijinworks announced.

A European release will “follow shortly,” the company said.
Here’s an overview of the game, via PlayStation.com:
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders weaves an emotional tale of friendship and discovery that begins in the sparsely populated “cocoon world” of Fillujah, where the three main characters (Raj, Amu and Ist) live in virtual isolation. Each has a single companion, a flying sidekick with an amazing special power, and they are all surprised when dozens of strangers begin to suddenly appear—literally falling out of the clear, blue sky. Lost Borders can be played and enjoyed without any knowledge of the previous games in the series, but fans will recognize that the mysterious strangers are actually returning characters from all of the mainline Summon Night games.

Released in Japan as a celebration of the series’ 15th anniversary, Summon Night 6: Lost Borders offers gorgeous widescreen graphics presented in high definition, a first for the series. The fully 3-D battle system allows Chain Attacks that happen automatically when an enemy is surrounded by two or more allies; in these situations, each ally can hit the enemy without risk of counterattack. In addition to the Summons that are a hallmark of the series, two allies can team up for a breathtaking “Summon Burst” attack that invokes a devastating magical strike from one of many giant fantastical creatures.

Combat is only one part of the Summon Night 6 experience. The series is well known for its “night conversations”—one-on-one encounters where various characters confide in one another, leading to a web of elaborate, emotional storytelling with many different branching paths. Lost Borders also includes several charming mini-games: One has you fishing for different types of aquatic creatures, while another involves cooking power-up meals using the bounty you’ve caught with your fishing pole.

The game features more than a dozen endings, many of which have sub-endings that can change depending on the player’s affinity level with a particular character, meaning the game can be replayed numerous times with no two playthroughs being the same.

Summon Night 6 Does Its Best To Bring Players Up To Spe. October 27, 2017 . 12:00pm

Summon Night 6 keeps things accessible with a blank slate protagonist and by not dwelling on the past.

25 comments Read >

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders is a rather complicated game. It essentially one big mash-up. All of these existing characters from different timelines and worlds are thrown into the same one. Few original characters exist, with Raj and Patch being the two introduced. I suppose you could call it a greatest hits game for the serious fans, which might leave others wondering if they will be left out. While some knowledge of the series definitely helps, it isn’t necessary.

Going in to Summon Night 6: Lost Borders, the game acknowledges that everyone might not be on the same page. This is where Raj comes in. He is a completely blank slate. He has been alone, living in the world of Fillujah with Patch, a creature that seems to act a lot like a Guardian Beast. There is no history of the world to worry about. We don’t have any NPCs cluttering the background. There are only these two, and only one of them speaks in a language we understand.

This provides a perfect opportunity for Raj to ask all the questions any Summon Night newcomer would ask. When Summon Night 2’s Magna and his companion, Hasaha arrive, it provides an opportunity to educate Raj about the different summoner factions in that installment and the Lyndbaum he knows. When Summon Night 3’s Kyle arrives, he doesn’t get as many details beyond enlightening people about the life of a pirate. But when Aty appears, we get a hint as to her power via Amer’s magic-sensing abilities, her Unsheather Awakening that taps into Shartos’ power, and subsequent dialogue.

It helps that Summon Night 6: Lost Borders doesn’t demand its audience understand its lore and timelines. When it comes to discussing its place in the timeline, it pretty much shrugs any sort of commitment off. Time and space don’t matter here! Everybody’s here! Just go with it! For those who do want to know more, there is an optional Summon Chronicle in the Gallery that gradually unlocks additional information about the different eras as you play. Each section has multiple entries going over different times. This does mean it lacks a bit of its punch, since many chapters are essentially, “Hey! I sense someone new! Let’s go meet them, fight a battle, and add them to our crew!” If you have no idea who any of these people are, it can make it a little tedious.

This also means things get a little over-simplified sometimes, for the sake of newcomers. Something that isn’t helped much when some characters, like Amer, Claret, Kyle, and Sol, have rather generic character designs. Because Summon Night 6: Lost Borders really can’t go into the distracting and extensive details, characters are distilled down to their most prominent traits sometimes. Amer comes across as “a good person.” Aty is a teacher. Magna is a Blue Faction hero. Kyle is a pirate. Hasaha is “cute.” Resi is the partner to the female protagonist from Summon Night 2 (Toris) that couldn’t be here, because Magna is here instead. As someone who is familiar with the series, though not all entries, it can be frustrating to see people reduced to their most basic properties for the sake of clarity and expediency.

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders is absolutely a game that gets better the more you know about the series. Because then, you have some idea who these people are and why it is interesting to see someone like Resi be confused by this Amer and Magna. People who haven’t played the previous games will get by just fine, because this installment doesn’t dwell on the past or nitpick. But people who are familiar with some installments might be a little let down by how quickly things are glossed over for the sake of entertaining moments between certain characters and keeping things accessible.

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders will come to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on October 31, 2017.

[FONT=&quot]source: Gematsu&[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Siliconera[/FONT]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"