Super Power Ideas Game!

Discussion in 'The Cutting Room Floor' started by Matthewsteele, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Matthewsteele

Matthewsteele Member

Hello all,

This is sort of a game but it serves a purpose. I need some inspiration for a novel I hope to finish someday that revolves around people with super powers/special abilities. So to help me think of some new ideas the game is as follows:

What is an original super power that you have thought up or thought about that has not appeared in a work of fiction that you are aware of. (This includes comic, books, movies, ect.) You can also include unique variations on already used powers. (I know this is going to be tough!)

I'll go first: It's a variation on projecting illusions; in order for the user to trick a certain human sense the victim has to make contact with that sense first. EX: An optical illusion would require eye contact, auditory would require the victim to hear the person first, ect.

Ok, your turn, ready, GO!

2. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

A person who is able to project himself into different time periods at once-he can't be at the same place at the same time, though.

You could call him the Duplicator :)

3. Milk Tray Guy

Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

Immortality - with a catch...

The ability to remove a length of time of your choosing from any person's future and add it to your own future thus extending your own lifespan (and of course shortening theirs). The downside is that you have no idea how long that person had left to live before you stole their time; if they were in fact due to die in less time than you've opted to take (e.g. you opt to steal 5 years from their future but in fact they had only 3 years left to live) you die immediately.

4. Matthewsteele

Matthewsteele Member

Haha I like the name, very interesting take on time travel.