Super Sons - New Animated DTV?

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Reaction score
A background painter has listed a Super Sons project on his resume for WB Animation.

I don't know if this will be a DTV or animated series, but since this individual has worked on mostly DTV's for WB, I'm guessing the former.

Any interest in this?

I actually would prefer this as a series rather than a DTV, but Jon and Damian are a good pair. I’m up for it.

A background painter has listed a Super Sons project on his resume for WB Animation.

I don't know if this will be a DTV or animated series, but since this individual has worked on mostly DTV's for WB, I'm guessing the former.

Any interest in this?

Damien annoys the hell out of me. I hope not.

Confirmed. And, surprisingly, CG…

The BBFC has uploaded some initial details about the movie, now titled Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons:

BATMAN AND SUPERMAN: BATTLE OF THE SUPER SONS is an animated fantasy action film in which the sons of two superheroes must join forces to save the planet.

Director - Matt Peters

Cast
- Jack Dylan Grazer (Damien?)
- Jack Griffo (Jon?)
- Laura Bailey (Lois?)

Runtime - 79 mins

Rating: 12, with spoilers tagged below:

Injury detail
There is occasional bloody detail, including a slow-motion blood spurt in the aftermath of a punch. Alien starfish explode bloodily.

Language
There is implied strong language ('motherf**ker'), as well as other terms such as 'son of a *****', '****', 'ass', 'damn' and 'moron'.

Threat and horror
There is moderate body horror when alien starfish erupt from victims' mouths. Two young teenagers must fight their possessed parents.

Violence
There is moderate violence in which blades, fists, guns and fantastical powers are used. A woman uses a lit aerosol to burn an alien.

There are very mild sex references and scenes of bullying.

The BBFC has uploaded some initial details about the movie, now titled Batman and Superman: Battle of the Super Sons:

Director - Matt Peters

Cast
- Jack Dylan Grazer (Damien?)
- Jack Griffo (Jon?)
- Laura Bailey (Lois?)

Runtime - 79 mins

Rating: 12, with spoilers tagged below:

Injury detail
There is occasional bloody detail, including a slow-motion blood spurt in the aftermath of a punch. Alien starfish explode bloodily.

Language
There is implied strong language ('motherf**ker'), as well as other terms such as 'son of a *****', '****', 'ass', 'damn' and 'moron'.

Threat and horror
There is moderate body horror when alien starfish erupt from victims' mouths. Two young teenagers must fight their possessed parents.

Violence
There is moderate violence in which blades, fists, guns and fantastical powers are used. A woman uses a lit aerosol to burn an alien.

There are very mild sex references and scenes of bullying.

The language sounds somewhat surprising for this particular film.
My question is who is writing this? Because if it isn’t Peter Tomasi (whose screenplay for Death of Superman was top notch) then they made the wrong choice. No one writes these characters like him.

Looking forward to this one, although I wish they would have cast someone other than Troy Baker for Batman.

Last edited:
As one of the few people with much fondness for MTV’s Spider-Man cartoon back in the day, I do like that both this and What If? have that similar (but much improved) style of animation.

As one of the few people with much fondness for MTV’s Spider-Man cartoon back in the day, I do like that both this and What If? have that similar (but much improved) style of animation.
That show got a lot of hate back in the day but I liked it.

This looks actually super good? What the Hell...i had no hopes for this but man does it look and feel neat.

I want that Jon Kent back. DC comics must have someone to find a way to de-age Jon Kent back to his true young age.

Honestly, yeah.
I mean dont get me wrong, grown up Jon gets more and more profile with the comics, his role as Superman while his father is away, gives the god awful base Bendis set...something.
But i miss the hell out of the Super Sons, especially the young Jon.
The contrast with him and Damian, the way the fit...i hope everyone from DC who decided to break off them and age up Jon, steps on very fresh Legos.

Animation looks better than what i expected. I Always expect these to look like ****.

I think the animation in general looks cheap and ugly in the DC Animated films. There are exceptions that look better, but generally they look mass-produced and cheap, like the animation version of CW superhero productions.

The writing is usually also a bit rushed and weak. Like they cant get the pacing right.

This however looks quite nice. And there have been animated DC films that I have enjoyed and even later gotten them on DVD/Bluray.

Super Sons was decent. Would've preferred if it were a TT movie or YJ bent movie but it was decent.

It made no sense that Lois is the only one who got de-Starrod but it was impossible for everyone else to break free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"