Superbowl Ad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay....I thought the last one was Universal? In fact I'm almost positive that was the case. Are you sure this is distributed by Universal?

Sheesh, that untitled universal movie better be the Hulk... Not some stupid comedy... Ack, and its late into the night as well!!!

Then again this will probably end up being a big tease if anything.
Hopefully we actually get to see the Hulk smash something!

Okay....I thought the last one was Universal? In fact I'm almost positive that was the case. Are you sure this is distributed by Universal?

Yes, it is.
And you are right, the Ang Lee Hulk was made and released/distributed all by Universal.
This one however has been produced by Marvel (their money, their risk, gain or loss) and is being released/distributed by Universal - this kind of set-up suits Marvel as Universal obviously already have the means in place to handle mass distribution.
They will of course take a good cut of the profits for their efforts, but if the film is a hit then Marvel will still make far more money than they ever would with the character simply licensed out (just think of Spider-Man - those films have made Sony over a billion and Marvel's take has been something in the region of just 5%).

True, if this all plays out well Marvel stands to make money by the dumptruck-full.

Sheesh, that untitled universal movie better be the Hulk... Not some stupid comedy... Ack, and its late into the night as well!!!

What other films do Universal have coming up they might want to keep a surprise?

Whatever the case, If this is the Hulk then I hope to hell they have made sure the VFX are complete in whatever footage they show: the last film used the Superbowl for it's premiere trailer and the unfinished CGI in that made for a distastrous first impression...Would hate to see them make that exact same mistake again.

Wasn't this settled a day ago by SHH's front page?

"posted online the Super Bowl spot for Universal Pictures' Wanted,"

What don't people get about that?

Don't get your hopes up for Hulk, you're only going to come back incredibly ticked off.

What in the world does the Wanted spot have to do with Hulk?

:huh:

Wasn't this settled a day ago by SHH's front page?

"posted online the Super Bowl spot for Universal Pictures' Wanted,"

What don't people get about that?

Don't get your hopes up for Hulk, you're only going to come back incredibly ticked off.

Incredible Hulk to have Super Bowl spot?

They are reporting that the Edward Norton-starring Incredible Hulk, the reboot of the franchise, will kick off its marketing campaign with a TV spot during the 2008 Super Bowl. I can certainly see this and it makes sense considering there’s a lot riding on a new Hulk franchise, especially considering 2008’s summer is crowded with tent pole releases. The 2003 movie directed by Ang Lee and starring Eric Bana, debuted its marketing campaign during that year’s Super Bowl. That spot was widely derided for presenting the character looking kind of silly. The studio later said the character’s special effects weren’t quite done, that they had to rush it into production to make the expensive ad buy.
Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat itself with this entry. But I think it’s pretty nervy of Universal to play this card again.

Incredible Hulk to have Super Bowl spot?

They are reporting that the Edward Norton-starring Incredible Hulk, the reboot of the franchise, will kick off its marketing campaign with a TV spot during the 2008 Super Bowl. I can certainly see this and it makes sense considering there’s a lot riding on a new Hulk franchise, especially considering 2008’s summer is crowded with tent pole releases. The 2003 movie directed by Ang Lee and starring Eric Bana, debuted its marketing campaign during that year’s Super Bowl. That spot was widely derided for presenting the character looking kind of silly. The studio later said the character’s special effects weren’t quite done, that they had to rush it into production to make the expensive ad buy.
Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat itself with this entry. But I think it’s pretty nervy of Universal to play this card again.

also...
Incredible Hulk Superbowl Spot?

Lindsay Harrison from Rhythm and Hues, the visual effects company working on the new Hulk movie, posted on her blog about The Jolly Green Giant making a first appearance in the Super Bowl next year.The big announcement is that I will be working on the new Incredible Hulk movie... I'm so excited. It's unlike anything I've ever done before and I can't wait for all the crazy things I'm going to learn while working on it. THIS IS NOT A SEQUEL. Basically, we're all pretending the first one never happened. It stars Edward Norton, Tim Roth, Liv Tyler, and William Hurt. It should be awesome. I've seen the tests for Hulk and its amazing! Way cooler than it looked before. I believe the trailer will be premiered during the Super Bowl. .The Super Bowl will air on February 3, 2008 on Fox. Universal also revealedthe look of Ang Lee's Hulk with a TV spot during the 2003 Super Bowl.Louis Leterrier's The Incredible Hulk opens in theaters on June 13, 2008.

when did SHH report this?

and who is this guy?

What in the world does the Wanted spot have to do with Hulk?

:huh:

Did you not see the "Universal Spot"

followed up by the fact Wanted is a "Universal" movie?

Edit: To clarify, both made by the same company, both duking it out for the SB spot. Unless Universal decides to do 2 spots. Of which I am really doubting right now.

That's from November 14. And their "source" is....SuperHeroHype???

:huh: :wow: :huh:

Just as confused as you are right now.

I am not trying to be negative, I just don't see it happening today.

If it does then great! But I'll believe it when I see it.

SHH! Reported this in november... but immediately after they'd cancelled that piece.

Could it be that Marvel told them to remove that article cos they want the Super Bowl spot to be a surprise?

We'll all find out soon!

I'll check back tommorrow and will find out if the big green guy was shown or not!

My bet, NOT!

Dont get your hopes up people. I get the feeling the Wanted spot is the only thing universal is going to show. And that other mystery spot? Probably some lame a$$ comedy.

If I'm wrong, awesome. I like being wrong like that. But unfortunatly, I dont think I am going to be. We'll see Incredible Hulk stuff by the end of March.

So much for any insider knowledge, LOL!

This is ridiculous!

Chances of seeing Hulk tonight are so slim now.

We'll see Incredible Hulk stuff by the end of March.

Holydays(maybe Halloween); Thanksgiving; Christmas; December/January; Superbowl; February; The End Of March...
and the list continues...

End of March is dumb.

This is a big mistake. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member