Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there just be a theme at the end? Arrow and Flash's themes can only be heard briefly in the background of their narration at the beginning.

I would assume so. It is essentially the same creative team behind Arrow and The Flash. I guess the will stick with the template that has worked twice so far.

I wouldn't object to Supergirl moving to the CW. Then it would probably almost certainly be in the same universe as Arrow and the Flash.

It would have a chance of thriving on the CW. It could be their "Buffy the vampire slayer"

CBS i'm worried. By season 2 it will have lost its identity(Hawaii Five-0) and become formulaic.

Helen Slater on the pilot and Benoist:
"I'm in the pilot and I have a contract as a guest star, which means they can use me as much as they want," said Slater, who is as lovely as ever. "It's all hush, hush."

"Greg Berlanti does 'The Flash' and 'Arrow.' He's such a smart writer," Slater said. "It was such a joy to do the pilot. My fingers are crossed that it goes well because they have a great cast. The girl playing Supergirl, Melissa Benoist, is fantastic."

As for giving Benoist any sisterly advice, Slater said she didn't have to because the new Supergirl is already that good.

"When I met her, we did the reading and she was fabulous. She did not need any advice at all," Slater said of Benoist. "She's sparkling and funny and delightful. She's going to be awesome."
http://www.telegram.com/article/20150424/COLUMN86/304249966

I guess I don’t understand the TV production lingo. :O Initially it was announced that Supergirl had a “series commitment.” And I assumed this meant committing to a series, and bypassing the need for a true/proof-of-concept pilot. But now we hear that “…CBS's Supergirl pilot has a ‘good chance’ to be picked up for series…” - which implies that there was no commitment after all. Also: if things are still undecided, what’s the point of promoting and showing a trailer?

Is there any real reason to think it would? Besides both being about female superheroes?

Why would you mention that as though it's a reason it would? Personally I just haven't liked what I've seen or heard about this show. I love the idea of a Supergirl show (I wouldn't mind a Batgirl and/or Batwoman show either). I just don't think much of what I've seen so far.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/10-tv-pilots-score-series-792670
7. Supergirl (CBS)

After early rumors that the DC Comics take from Ali Adler and Arrow/Flash masterminds Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg was being shopped to The CW, the tide changed after CBS Entertainment chairman Nina Tassler saw the final cut and loved it. The Melissa Benoist starrer was always considered too expensive to move to the younger-skewing network and a pickup could present a larger question for CBS: where to schedule it. Some sources suggested a summer run could be on the table where it could be paired with sci-fi fare like Under the Dome, Extant and Zoo. A summer run could also give the network an edge in the increasingly crowded comic book space, with only AMC's Fear the Walking Dead expected to set up shop there.
I pray they don't set it for the summer. They'd never be able to get everything in gear quick enough to put it on this summer, so it would inevitably be pushed back to 2016.

But it's good to hear that it's gotten a good response.

I don't think it's as impossible to start production for a spot in CBS' summer lineup for this year as you do, especially since we know that the cast and crew have been operating as if there's absolutely no uncertainty as to the series' status.

Supergirl probably does stand a better chance in the summer for cbs. Cbs has a packed and successful schedule

Good to see.

I didn't think we'd hear until next week. Great news.

It was pretty much a,foregone conclusion, but it's nice to have it confirmed once and for all.

A pic to go with the announcement maybe, but we probably shouldn't expect a trailer for another week.

Very pleased with this news... Looking forward to seeing how well the flying sequences are done.

CEXXw-rVAAEJ_oE.jpg:large

Glad Supergirl is getting series order. Superman rules the movies while Supergirl rules television. Maybe they should bring in Henry Cavill to play Superman in the Supergirl TV series even if they're not in the same universe. Give Cavill a different Superman suit.

Is that a cake or pizza with icing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"