Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremy's getting a lot of hate aimed at him on social media today...

Gotta admit, the fandoms for the CW shows really piss me off most of the time. Arrow's helped ruin the show for me (though after the casting news yesterday, I might go back), Flash is mildly irritating but Supergirl's is nearing Arrow level now.

We aren't bringing that here...

Apologies, wasn't intending on starting that argument again...

No need to apologize.... :)

I don't remember he was part of Intergang in Smallville. I don't remember them even mentioning them.

I remember they had Intergang in Lois and Clark, but I don't recall Morgan Edge.
he wasn't part of inter gang in that shows series. he owned the town of Edge city and he was sort of mob boss type mayor. the only difference is his city was going down the way of sin city gotham or place worse then Gotham like bludhaven etc. also it's weird having his name here inthis show since he was connected with and edge city is also part of flash lore where wally involved. we'll see howthis turn out.

so I put up the panel last night in the Sdcc thread. it seem as the new producer said james will still be guardian and the Crow there cheered for that and he's getting new love interest.

The crowd cheers for everything at Comic-Con, lol.

The crowd cheers for everything at Comic-Con, lol.
lol there was one time i don't they ever cheer like that but I guess that show didn't have good season and i'm also forgeting what it was and don't care to look it up . but that's not always the case . or it was one of those oddity's I guess. but ether way now that those show runner saw that ... i don't think they will not be sawyed from the guardian thing now. it's not the right fit for the character, but it's stuck now sadly. Anyways moving on, I found it also interesting that jo'nn's dad is still alive from that panel .

I am personally not excited about J'onn dad being alive. I find it to be incredibly boring.

I am personally not excited about J'onn dad being alive. I find it to be incredibly boring.
oh I know they did that for two reason it was to explore j'onn not being alone for a while which is short term and it to possibly now that he's in a relationship with me'gann (still weird seeing it but it happened) even though they didn't say it in the panel til someone brought her up and it wasn't linked it's clear what that's possibly for.

We're not bringing the Twitter war here, if you want to talk about it get on twitter and tumblr.

We're not bringing the Twitter war here, if you want to talk about it get on twitter and tumblr.
ok, I'm sorry if this look like I'm causing trouble , cause I just got back from watching super west channel and what I saw of NBC's midnight texis . . and saw you say this. umm I didn't know there was a weird twitter war over me 'gann and j'onn's dad.

i just thought I was talking about the show's panel with primal slayer and others. my apologies. while i have a twitter account (not for this show) I didn't know and I'm not aware those two character are the subject of what ever weird war tublre and twitter are doing war wise . I' keep away fromn those things . and seeing this said that has to be the weirdest thing they can ever do . Again I'm very sorry. I didn't know.

Last edited:
Zenith, there's nothing wrong with talking about M'Gann and J'onn's dad. You're fine.

ok, I'm sorry if this look like I'm causing trouble , cause I just got back from watching super west channel and what I saw of NBC's midnight texis . . and saw you say this. umm I didn't know there was a weird twitter war over me 'gann and j'onn's dad.

i just thought I was talking about the show's panel with primal slayer and others. my apologies. while i have a twitter account (not for this show) I didn't know and I'm not aware those two character are the subject of what ever weird war tublre and twitter are doing war wise . I' keep away fromn those things . and seeing this said that has to be the weirdest thing they can ever do . Again I'm very sorry. I didn't know.

No one is in trouble Zenith....:yay:

Kelly, could you post here the image of Melissa holding up that placard in the Women's March? I didn't want to ask out there on Supergirl TV because I know some don't approve, and I didn't want to hurt them.

I'd like to use it on both my tumblr and twitter (if you don't mind). :mnm:

Let me see if I can find it.... :)

Kelly, could you post here the image of Melissa holding up that placard in the Women's March? I didn't want to ask out there on Supergirl TV because I know some don't approve, and I didn't want to hurt them.

I'd like to use it on both my tumblr and twitter (if you don't mind). :mnm:

6zlo9i.png

Here you go....

It needs to be one of these Steel-jaw traps:

snapping_steel_trap_md_wm.gif

:o

Thank you! :)
Tweeted and tumblered both. :)

I found screenshots of TV Guide article and found it interesting that Alex says Kara is her role model.

All the other women--Kara, Lena, Maggie--took the question the usual way. I mean, when people ask this question, generally, you think of some historical person or fictional character, or even some contemporary big shot. You don't think of your family--although, in real life, your family might influence you a lot. Mostly subconsciously I think.

May be Chyler brings some of her "family first" mentality to her role? Just like Melissa brings her strong feminist thoughts to her role? Although, I think what Melissa said about Kara admiring Marsden and hence, having the same hero worship for Warren and Clinton makes sense. Also, she did come back to the fictional world and say "Cat Grant!" And that makes perfect sense.

Back to Chyler, Alex has also been pretty much a family first person, so it makes sense canonically for her to consider Kara her role model I guess. In S1, it was pretty much clear. In S2, not so much.

However, interesting to wonder how their real personas affect their screen personas. (I am not saying it is a bad thing. Each individual should bring their own interpretations or where is the fun?)

What Maggie and Lena said, well, I guess, they never got the time in show to actually portray that.

Additional notes:
Kara: Possibly Warren and Clinton (because she is obsessed with Marsden), definitely Cat Grant
Alex: Kara
Maggie: Wonder Woman (is she there in this universe), Atticus Finch and somebody named Susan B Anthony
Lena: Joan of Arc

PS: Pretty much a rambling post though, now I realise. However, if anyone needs the info and haven't read it yet. :)
PS2:
Also, I didn't see any role model discussion for guys. May be, I missed it. Would be interesting to compare. I think that it could be (as per this canon):
Mon El: Kara
Winn: Also, Kara (probably superman, but I have never thought Winn thinks of him as a role model; and I guess, by now Lord will have fallen from grace)
J'onn: Jeremiah
Superman: Lois? (I don't think Kara though he clearly respects and admires her)
James: (I have no idea. I have never really heard him speak about Superman the way Kara speaks about Cat or Alex speak about Kara--in one of the deleted scenes with Lord last season, at least)

Last edited:
I think Supergirl is the role model for James. He pretty much became Guardian because of Supergirl. He has said he wants to be like her, to make a difference. He never wanted to be anyone but Jimmy when he was with Superman.

I found screenshots of TV Guide article and found it interesting that Alex says Kara is her role model.

All the other women--Kara, Lena, Maggie--took the question the usual way. I mean, when people ask this question, generally, you think of some historical person or fictional character, or even some contemporary big shot. You don't think of your family--although, in real life, your family might influence you a lot. Mostly subconsciously I think.

May be Chyler brings some of her "family first" mentality to her role? Just like Melissa brings her strong feminist thoughts to her role? Although, I think what Melissa said about Kara admiring Marsden and hence, having the same hero worship for Warren and Clinton makes sense. Also, she did come back to the fictional world and say "Cat Grant!" And that makes perfect sense.

Back to Chyler, Alex has also been pretty much a family first person, so it makes sense canonically for her to consider Kara her role model I guess. In S1, it was pretty much clear. In S2, not so much.

However, interesting to wonder how their real personas affect their screen personas. (I am not saying it is a bad thing. Each individual should bring their own interpretations or where is the fun?)

What Maggie and Lena said, well, I guess, they never got the time in show to actually portray that.

Additional notes:
Kara: Possibly Warren and Clinton (because she is obsessed with Marsden), definitely Cat Grant
Alex: Kara
Maggie: Wonder Woman (is she there in this universe), Atticus Finch and somebody named Susan B Anthony
Lena: Joan of Arc

PS: Pretty much a rambling post though, now I realise. However, if anyone needs the info and haven't read it yet. :)
PS2:
Also, I didn't see any role model discussion for guys. May be, I missed it. Would be interesting to compare. I think that it could be (as per this canon):
Mon El: Kara
Winn: Also, Kara (probably superman, but I have never thought Winn thinks of him as a role model; and I guess, by now Lord will have fallen from grace)
J'onn: Jeremiah
Superman: Lois? (I don't think Kara though he clearly respects and admires her)
James: (I have no idea. I have never really heard him speak about Superman the way Kara speaks about Cat or Alex speak about Kara--in one of the deleted scenes with Lord last season, at least)

Susan B. Anthony is the woman that pioneered the Woman's Suffrage Movement here in the US...her family was also a big part of the abolitionist movement. She would be considered an SJW...social justice warrior today, one of the reasons why I'm proud to call myself one as well. :)

Susan B. Anthony is the woman that pioneered the Woman's Suffrage Movement here in the US...her family was also a big part of the abolitionist movement. She would be considered an SJW...social justice warrior today, one of the reasons why I'm proud to call myself one as well. :)

Thanks. I meant to google the name, but didn't get the time yesterday. :)

Yes. When people ask for common sense rights (or those that could be considered so in the future), there is always the wish to paint folks as asking for too much (or at least, that is the sense I have gotten of the term and how it is being used in the nets today); being too forward or demanding. We get the same here in India; well not for suffrage, but other stuff--wanting to marry for love, walking the streets after dark (pretty much everywhere that is not the big city), even wearing a pair of jeans or using mobile phones (certain rural areas; most are fine, I think).

James, okay. He sometimes seems jealous or disrespectful of Kara (as in treating her like a naive child), so I am not so sure.

Not that all of the guys having Kara as a role model is interesting. I'd rather they have their own variety of people just like the women.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"