Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently that sticker claiming a "hilarious gag reel" was put on that review copy by error and was meant to be put on The Flash S3. So no gag reel for Supergirl S2. :(

Has anyone got the Blu Ray yet? I'm just wondering if Tyler Hoechlin is on any of the extras

Does Kara always wear long-sleeved shirts that cover up her body fully? Or does she ever wear anything that is off the shoulder and shows her arms? Because if so, how would she have her Supergirl costume on underneath?

I wouldn't mind if she just sprung into action sometimes without having time to go and change. That Deadpool 2 teaser showed what happens if you waste too much time trying to change first before actually rescuing someone in danger.

Have you seen how fast she changes? They have had several scenes in her apartment changing clothes, from dress, to dress, to dress, from regular clothes to Super suit....several scenes. She is fast....like a couple of seconds fast. Supergirl ain't Deadpool.... ;)

Does Kara always wear long-sleeved shirts that cover up her body fully? Or does she ever wear anything that is off the shoulder and shows her arms? Because if so, how would she have her Supergirl costume on underneath?

I wouldn't mind if she just sprung into action sometimes without having time to go and change. That Deadpool 2 teaser showed what happens if you waste too much time trying to change first before actually rescuing someone in danger.
Yes, Kara does wear sleeveless dresses and shirts.
-Supergirl-Supergirl-S01E02-Stronger-Together_L0VsUmNlOFhJU1ZqM2dDQXFnVkJUM19jblBNST0vMTkxeDA6OTEyeDEwODAvNjQweDAvZmlsdGVyczp3YXRlcm1hcmsoMjBjZTk4NzktNjE5Ny00Mjg2LWJiZjgtMTcxODUzYmQzZGVlLDM5MCw3ODIsMTApLzM4Y2QwZTU1LTQ0YTMtNGRjZi1iNWYzLWNjOGMzNjA4NTM3ZA==

karas-denim-split-neck-dress.jpg

What Kelly said she's really fast, us humans wouldn't even be able to see her change. In "human for a day" James was falling down an elevator shaft after saving people just as she's getting her powers back. With only James and Winn around to see her she still had time to change before saving James.

Melissa has a tattoo on the inside of her wrist so it has to be covered with makeup or edited out when she's sleeveless but that's not a big deal. She has one on her foot too which is why we don't see her barefoot but that's much easier than always wearing sleeves.

Last edited:
If she's so fast that people wouldn't see her change, then why did Superman need to use phone boxes before or revolving doors? Why not change in front of everyone if no-one will see if it's too fast?

And if she does wear short sleeves, where does she keep her Supergirl costume? Because clearly she can't have it on under her clothes. I can't see that skirt fitting under a pair of trousers either, or having those knee-high boots under there.

And I know about the tattoo on her foot. They could still cover that up with makeup or make sure to film her from a strategic angle.

Has anyone got the Blu Ray yet? I'm just wondering if Tyler Hoechlin is on any of the extras
Nah, no gag reel and no Tyler (unless you count the Comic-Con panel). There's like no new material of the cast at all (the SDCC panel and "Did You Know" segments are all things that were already available online before this season even aired). The extras kinda suck. But at least the Best Buy steelbook packaging I got was A+, lol.

If she's so fast that people wouldn't see her change, then why did Superman need to use phone boxes before or revolving doors? Why not change in front of everyone if no-one will see if it's too fast?
He did in this show. Do you not remember him landing on a street corner and changing mid-landing?

The whole phonebooth thing was from a bygone era where the super-speed wasn't utilized in the ways it is today.

He did in this show. Do you not remember him landing on a street corner and changing mid-landing?

The whole phonebooth thing was from a bygone era where the super-speed wasn't utilized in the ways it is today.

I don't remember that. Which episode was that in?

Ok thanks. I didn't remember that bit.

No problem.

I just realized there's no deleted scenes on this blu-ray either. Whhhhyyyyyyyyy. :cmad:

And if she does wear short sleeves, where does she keep her Supergirl costume? Because clearly she can't have it on under her clothes. I can't see that skirt fitting under a pair of trousers either, or having those knee-high boots under there.
In S2E2 she changed from Supergirl to Kara as she was walking to see Snapper. She didn't need to duck into a closet and all we saw is her walking through a doorway.

Exactly Superman's powers have changed over the years. He originally couldn't fly just leap tall buildings in a single bound. This show basically gave Mon-El the same powers as Superman originally had.

And I know about the tattoo on her foot. They could still cover that up with makeup or make sure to film her from a strategic angle.

It's magic DR.....it's called "suspension of disbelief" DR.....it goes hand in hand in not analyzing the joy out of something. :cwink: Just enjoy the show....

Got my Supergirl 2nd season DVD as I'm watching all episodes with Superman in it together as if I'm watching the Superman/ Supergirl team-up movie.

I've got to try to get that Steelbook version at Best Buy.

I've got to try to get that Steelbook version at Best Buy.
It's really nice. SO much better than that ugly standard blu-ray cover. Despite my disappointment with the special features, I'm glad I got it just because of that steelbook case, lol. I was glad I pre-ordered it for in-store pick-up, though, because they didn't have any left out on the floor at my Best Buy. You might want to check online before you go to make sure they have some in stock.

Last edited:
Well as a result of this mis-labeling by the Warner Home Video PTB...I ain't buying it. I will not be misled by something; Best Buy steel book or not.

The special features for the 2nd season DVD aren't as great as the 1st season, except for the audio commentary for Supergirl Lives.

It kind of bothers me that on the "Conversation w/ Kevin Smith and Andrew Kreisberg" feature, they only have footage of Kevin directing his two Flash episodes to use. Like they didn't even film ANY BTS stuff on Supergirl. No interviews with the cast, no b-roll, nothing. Come on CW/Supergirl team, we're just asking for a little effort here. The Flash blu-ray crew has their **** together, take pointers from them this season, please. Hell, we'll probably get more BTS footage of Melissa from the Flash blu-ray thanks to the crossover material, and that's just sad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"