Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Film schedule for Supergirl has been released...

Talk about a busy schedule, Melissa and crew are going to be at SDCC starting tomorrow and with very little rest, filming resumes July 23rd. Yes you read that right, FILMING RESUMES July 23rd!!! Get out your cameras paparazzi, its time for onsite filming photos! Supergirl.tv has exclusively learned that the filming schedule for Supergirl is July 23 - December 10. Filming into December may be a concern if you are in Vancouver but being in LA our guess is we will see very little seasonal changes in National City.

You can read more about it here.

http://www.supergirl.tv/filming-resumes-july-23rd#comments

http://mikemaihack.tumblr.com/post/119283565137/its-a-miracle-monday-finally-found-time-to-draw

tumblr_nojy6fZC301qarjq8o1_r6_1280.png

Supergirl: How often will we see Superman?

As Kara comes into her own, Superman is already a world-renowned, cape-wearing superhero who has fulfilled his destiny, so he’s a little too busy to swoop on over to National City for a family reunion. Therefore, despite making a brief (and very backlit) appearance in the Supergirl pilot—as depicted in the screenshot above—Superman will not be playing a big role on the series.

“Our prototype is the way the president is seen on Veep,” executive producer Ali Adler tells EW, referring to the HBO drama’s clever way of mentioning, but never showing POTUS. “It’s certainly [inspired by] so much of what Julia-Louis Dreyfus’ character goes through. Ultimately, this is a show about Supergirl and we really want to see it through her lens.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/06/supergirl-superman-cbs

I had the feeling they were going to do that, the problem is some viewers will get tired of the Superman name-dropping, but never appearing act. They should've done a show where Superman doesn't exist, only Kara, problem solved.

I had the feeling they were going to do that, the problem is some viewers will get tired of the Superman name-dropping, but never appearing act. They should've done a show where Superman doesn't exist, only Kara, problem solved.

I predict that as the show goes on, we will see fewer references to Superman.

I predict that as the show goes on, we will see fewer references to Superman.

Yes, but they will have to explain why Superman doesn't help if the world is in danger, Kara meeting him off screen, etc. Is going to annoy many fans and will not give the show more viewers.

ws79eo.jpg

Ballroom 20 was filled with those waiting to watch the Supergirl Pilot.

Thanks to Supergirl Radio for the pic.

And Supergirl was flying high at SDCC:
2hqau1i.jpg

Thanks to Supergirltv.com for the pic.

Looks like twitter was all a go for Supergirl as well, comments were about 4 to 1 in favor of what they saw in the pilot.

It will be interesting to find out if there was anything new in the pilot. I'm kind of hoping that it was the same one, and that once we see it on TV in October we will have a few new things to see.

2aan6ft.jpg

Last edited:

As long as they actually say "Superman" I'm good.

I think we'll hear a lot of "The Big Guy", "Big Blue", "[Jimmy's] friend in Metropolis", "[Kara's] cousin", "Him", "The Man of Steel", etc.

Yep, legally they are not able to use the name, probably more than the 1 time in the pilot.

I still say it's kind of lazy not to cast somebody to use as Superman for a sweeps guest.
Even maybe get Cavill to show up just before BVS Don't really want to upstage Benoist but this is weird.

I still say it's kind of lazy not to cast somebody to use as Superman for a sweeps guest.
Even maybe get Cavill to show up just before BVS Don't really want to upstage Benoist but this is weird.

It's not laziness....it's legalities. I can assure you they would if they could...and the guy that was the stand in for Superman would have been just fine, but they can't use him.

I think we'll hear a lot of "The Big Guy", "Big Blue", "[Jimmy's] friend in Metropolis", "[Kara's] cousin", "Him", "The Man of Steel", etc.

Yeah, I have no issue with him never showing up. After seeing the pilot, I think it'll just be annoying that they never say his name.

Slightly bigger look at the DCTV wall

CJgi69LUEAA4gjx.jpg:large

Flash looks REALLY awkward in that picture.

I hope they give Laura a good role. Her playing Powergirl would be great but I think thats a bit soon.

I want that shot of her on my wall.

Peter Facinelli will play Maxwell Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija