Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
rs_634x1025-161017121853-634-supergirl-crisis-cover-cw.jpg

A small distraction: Benanti returns to the Late Show as Melania. :word:

(Posted here because Benanti doesn’t have her own thread.)

That was hilarious

That was funny. Laura is great at it, and when made up, she does bear a strong resemblance to the real thing.

I really like what they did with 2 classic covers in promoting the show, including the one for the Worlds Finest and the Crisis cover. Now one was from the 1960's and the other from the 1980's. Well let's go a little more recent...like this one from 2010...

serveimage

Yes it's a shirt rip I know, but this is the first image up for coloring in the Supergirl adult coloring book...and a dynamic way to lead it off. Of course the bullets can be CGI'd in and Melissa will be in her TV outfit.

I like that. They really should tie the promotional images for the show into the comic book covers! That would be so awesome!

I like that. They really should tie the promotional images for the show into the comic book covers! That would be so awesome!

Thank you. But, I think these should be done on occassion. Doing it all the time takes away the power behind it.

I agree do it every week and people will start taking it for granted.

This is a story that has gotten some attention, including ABC's Good Morning America. It's the story of 3-year-old Kaylieann Steinbach, who for school photo day chose to dress as Supergirl.

display

What adds the feels to this story is, she is 75% deaf in both ears. Because of this she cannot cannot hear the letter “S” so she calls her heroes “Pooterman” and “Pootergirl.”

The dad posted the picture to Reddit and it made an impact including social media. Even Melissa Benoist herself.

She IS Supergirl. This makes my heart full. ❤️

The proud dad said he plans on hanging Kaylieann’s Supergirl photo on his “little picture wall” where he puts the rest of her school pictures. As for next year’s pic, Steinbach knows he’s set the bar high.

Indeed. You know, I wonder if there is some way Melissa Benoist, if there aren't any clashes with her sked, could get to see this little darling and her family...on say The Ellen DeGeneres Show. She's invited people who'se stories have gone viral onto her show and then surrpises them with something amazing.

I am imagining the family is on the set and the kid has an interpreter of sign language with her or her family learning it. Ellen says "we have a surprise for you."

Then a video is played of Melissa saying a little message on the set in Vancouver like "You have made my heart even bigger with your story. I wish I could meet you. But I'm busy here in Vancouver. I do think I have found a reasonable substitute. Now Kaylieann you, Ellen and your family go to the wall. That's where your surprise will be." So the gang does this. A few seconds later, some music is heard (could be the Supergirl theme) and behind the big wall "separating the oversized doors showing her strength" IT'S MELISSA HERSELF IN THE SUPERGIRL OUTFIT! The family cannot believe it as Melissa smiles and then runs over to the family and hugs the mom and dad and her eyes light up seeing Kaylieann. Melissa gives Kaylieann a big hug and lifts her up onto her arms. The possibility for cuteness overload is very high.

Where it goes from here...who knows?

Why is his costume not gold and blue? The lack of colors made me not recognize this as The Guardian. Also the helmet design is different.

Jimmy in this suit reminds me a bit of Malcolm in Young Justice.

hmm . well ether way . cause of how it's designed, it look like something out of the old captain power tv series. But what done is done .

But what might be weird problem is if there's a Cosplayer's that able to reproduce the actual look of the Gold look from comic's and have look good. and if that happen Dc live action better start looking at those people for hires cause that does become shameful some time that they don't consider those people at all to make costumes for them on tv series.

I've never seen Guardian and apparently my students haven't either, those that commented when they saw the pic loved it...the only people I know that are fans of the show and know who Guardian is, post on here. :/ It looks cool to me, I'm far more worried about how he will be put into the story line.

This show is becoming far too much of a "super friends" show rather than a "Supergirl" show...for me.

I've never seen Guardian and apparently my students haven't either, those that commented when they saw the pic loved it...the only people I know that are fans of the show and know who Guardian is, post on here. :/ It looks cool to me, I'm far more worried about how he will be put into the story line.

This show is becoming far too much of a "super friends" show rather than a "Supergirl" show...for me.
I Agree.

The suit is cool, but it reminds me of this guy.

I consider it a natural progression. We started with Superman, now we have Supergirl, and now others from DC are coming out as it were. It will still be Kara-central, but she's isn't going to be going it alone so much anymore. Like Arrow and the Flash, she's going to be building up Team Supergirl, and considering how much we enjoy seeing all the heroes battling together, and especially looking forward to the mega-crossovers, then it should be a pretty cool thing!

I must agree with Thome216 and say objection Kelly. The show is still Supergirl. As we saw with Superman he was just in the background letting Kara do her thing per the writers, to say nothing of the great fun chemistry between Melissa and Tyler. The crossover could be something amazing. I mean, Kara and Barry team up again (how fun were they?).

But she and Oliver could be like The Bickersons of herodom (For the record that was an old radio show from the 1940's starring actor Don Ameche [Cocoon] and singer Frances Langford [known for being on Bob Hope's radio show during WWII] as John and Blanche Bickerson a married couple that JUST ARGUED ALL...THE...TIME! It took the married couple relationship and made it get a little real.

Here's what I mean

[YT]pOYlj2eM4KU[/YT]

I wouldn't be surprised if the women teamed up for something like the team-up of Sara Lance and Kara as the main women in this WJLA/Young Justice kind of hybrid along with Vixen and maybe Stargirl...who knows.

I am imagining a little light comedy scene where some kind of action is needed by the women.

SARA...ready to kick some alien ass?

(The women respond yes)

KARA (excitedly) Hey Sara, let me do it...LET'S SUIT UP (as she opens her blouse unveileing the :super: )

SARA: Hey no fair, how come you have your suit underneath your clothes?

KARA: My cousin's taught me a couple of tricks (turns to the camera, breaking the 4th wall, she lowers her glasses): SWAY! (she then winks)

I consider it a natural progression. We started with Superman, now we have Supergirl, and now others from DC are coming out as it were. It will still be Kara-central, but she's isn't going to be going it alone so much anymore. Like Arrow and the Flash, she's going to be building up Team Supergirl, and considering how much we enjoy seeing all the heroes battling together, and especially looking forward to the mega-crossovers, then it should be a pretty cool thing!

I'm sorry, but using Arrow as an example of how it will work, sends no positive vibe to me at all....Arrow is one of the examples, IMO, of how it doesn't work. I'm looking forward to the crossover, BECAUSE it is just that, a crossover and they will again go back to their respective shows and move on.

I will admit, I speak far more for the non-comicbook fan, than the CB fan for sure.....because the people of my "inner circle" are not CB fans, they have never, and probably won't ever read CBs.....but they love the show. IF, these characters come in and out, as in.......in for a few episodes and then out? fine....bring them on, people that I know who love the show and are not CB fans would be fine with that....but any more of a regular team than Supergirl and her sidekick Jonn and Alex....no thanks, don't really want the show going in that direction. If people want a huge team up they can go and watch LOT.

@Anthony, that scene would be a tad to cheesy for me.....ok, way to cheesy for me.... ;)

Team Supergirl may be forming with her, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Mon-El, Miss Martian and Alex. Should there be a Superboy from Cadmus, add him in there as well.

I hope they bring in other alien heroes such as Starfire, the Wonder Twins, Big Barda, Mister Miracle, female Red Lantern, Blue Lantern Saint Walker, and the Thanagarian Hawks.

Team Supergirl may be forming with her, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Mon-El, Miss Martian and Alex. Should there be a Superboy from Cadmus, add him in there as well.

I hope they bring in other alien heroes such as Starfire, the Wonder Twins, Big Barda, Mister Miracle, female Red Lantern, Blue Lantern Saint Walker, and the Thanagarian Hawks.

Yeah.....and Kara can retire at the end of Season 3, hell maybe even Season 2. ;)

I'm sorry, but using Arrow as an example of how it will work, sends no positive vibe to me at all....Arrow is one of the examples, IMO, of how it doesn't work. I'm looking forward to the crossover, BECAUSE it is just that, a crossover and they will again go back to their respective shows and move on.

I will admit, I speak far more for the non-comicbook fan, than the CB fan for sure.....because the people of my "inner circle" are not CB fans, they have never, and probably won't ever read CBs.....but they love the show. IF, these characters come in and out, as in.......in for a few episodes and then out? fine....bring them on, people that I know who love the show and are not CB fans would be fine with that....but any more of a regular team than Supergirl and her sidekick Jonn and Alex....no thanks, don't really want the show going in that direction. If people want a huge team up they can go and watch LOT.

@Anthony, that scene would be a tad to cheesy for me.....ok, way to cheesy for me.... ;)
Not an Arrow Fan.
The only time that I plan on watching the other CW Superhero shows is when Kara crosses over.

I just hope as the series goes along they end up getting rid of the DEO and force Kara to act more independently with her 2 or 3 friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"