Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could do it like what the Flash show seems to be doing. It's a straight-up superhero show, but featuring a young/inexperience hero who's still getting the hang of things. He's not going to make all of the right choices/decisions right out of the gate. Doing something like that for Supergirl could work.

If this does get through, there are plenty of stories to tell that can get rid of Supes. They could go the E2 route and have Supes/WW/Bats disappear in a big battle that leaves just Supergirl and other heroes left.

They could do it like what the Flash show seems to be doing. It's a straight-up superhero show, but featuring a young/inexperience hero who's still getting the hang of things. He's not going to make all of the right choices/decisions right out of the gate. Doing something like that for Supergirl could work.

and add to that the whole "stranger on an alien planet" theme.

unlike Clark who grew up as a human, Kara would need to readjust to Earth life and culture.

original.jpg

Here is my choice for a TV series Kara/Supergirl:

Amber Heard!

Amber-Heard-CelebHealthy_com.jpg

Bam! :hubba

With Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Constantine, and possibly Supergirl all on TV at the same time, am I the only one who thinks WB may be saturating the market with too many superhero shows at the same time?

Are you kidding me with this?

Really? I didn't know anyone disliked that suit.

Well that's surprising you haven't stumbled upon it before being on the Internet.

With Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Constantine, and possibly Supergirl all on TV at the same time, am I the only one who thinks WB may be saturating the market with too many superhero shows at the same time?

Nah, I think it's wonderful and much more interesting that what is going on the WB film side of things. Bring on the DC shows!

Well that's surprising you haven't stumbled upon it before being on the Internet.

Well, I definitely did about the lack of undies, but I don't think that really applies to a Supergirl iteration of the costume... unless you're just saying she should have underwear on under the skirt, in which case, yeah, total agreement! :halo:

Well, I definitely did about the lack of undies, but I don't think that really applies to a Supergirl iteration of the costume... unless you're just saying she should have underwear on under the skirt, in which case, yeah, total agreement! :halo:

Oh, yeah I think a lot of the complaints are about the undies. But I'm not a big fan of the darker color for Supes and have mixed feelings about the whole Kryptonian armor thing and texture for the suit (then again I'm not a big fan of anything Man of Steel related and have mixed feelings about anything related to it) Although I don't mind Supergirls costume in the New 52 which I believe is Kryptonian armor like Superman in the New 52.

Jamal added biker shorts under the skirt
Supergirlconcepttrunaround.jpg

Have Superman be dead in that universe.Simple.
Supergirl is taking over his position as Earths big hero

Eh, I don't know if they necessarily would need to go THAT far...at least as far as having him actually DEAD dead.

In fact, I think it'd be cool (and funny) to pull a page from Alan Moore (not that I'm a big fan of him, necessarily) and have recurring appearances by the new auto-mechanic in town as Supergirl's mentor-figure, Jordy Elliot - and see how long it takes for the general audience to figure out that Superman's been on the show the whole bloody time. (Granted, not long, I know, knowing the Internet, but what the heck...) Just don't make any direct mention of him having been Superman at all - hint at it, subtly.

As for WHICH Supergirl I'd like to see...I tend toward Ones That Aren't Really Superman's Cousin, myself - either Kara In-Ze, or Linda Danvers with a helluva lot simpler origin (personally, I'd probably pull an Eradicator here and have Linda merged to a Kryptonian AI named Kara that was sent to Earth to locate Kal-El or some such).

Killing Superman makes the series about Superman essentially.

-What happened to Superman? What is she going to do about his villains? Can she live up to Superman's title?

It's sort of a backhanded way of saying she wouldn't be necessary if the real Superman was here.

I think it's better if they leave them operating separately ala Linda Danvers or something else.

:funny: Okay, this made me laugh! For years, people have been saying "WB doesn't know what to do with their properties in live action mediums" and now they're starting to fire on a bunch of different cylinders (which is what I thought we wanted all along) and now it's over saturation? And besides, the same logic can be applied to the MCU.

Last edited:
:funny: Okay, this made me laugh! For years, people have been saying "WB doesn't know what to do with their properties in live action mediums" and now they're starting to fire on a bunch of different cylinders (which is what I thought we wanted all along) and now it's over saturation? And besides, the same logic can be applied to the MCU.

Weird huh? :huh:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that CW passed on this and it's being developed to be shopped at some other network?

My big question is, does Supergirl have a good enough rogues gallery and support cast to sustain a TV series? Does she have her own interesting rogues gallery and supporting cast or is she going to get Superman's hand me downs in those areas?

My big question is, does Supergirl have a good enough rogues gallery and support cast to sustain a TV series? Does she have her own interesting rogues gallery and supporting cast or is she going to get Superman's hand me downs in those areas?

People don't seem to mind so many other heroes rogues being used in ARROW.

Probably Supes hand me downs.

Reign is a cool villain though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Supergirl gets the lesser known Superman villains and some of the lesser known Wonder Woman villains as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"