Supergirl in a Supes solo movie or in the DCCU?

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by John-An, Jan 21, 2015.

?

Supergirl in this DCCU?

1. Yay

2. Nay

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. John-An Wonder Fingers!

Would you like to see Supergirl in a Supes solo movie or in the DCCU.

I would like to see a young or teenage girl,

This would be my suggestion

Alicia von Rittberg (if she knows or learns English)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Boy Scout Registered

I voted no, but I'm open to the idea. I think Superman generally works better alone (which is ironic, because I think Batman is far more interesting when he has sidekicks to play off of).

3. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

I want both Supergirl and Superboy

4. ManWithNoName18 Registered

If George Miller rumor is true, then keep in mind he was known for his female characters in Fury Road

5. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Kara in a solo Superman film would be great. Keep the prequel comic canon or throw it out. I don't care, but get her involved and above all... KEEP HER AN ACTUAL "GIRL", none of this 27 year old woman going around called SUPERGIRL. Kara as a character doesn't really need to be a full fledged adult at all. This isn't a Robin or Speedy situation. In fact most of the powered "sidekick" characters could work. The suspension of disbelief for Kara or Kid Flash has a much lower bar to pass than say a teen aged Robin or Speedy. Super powers, bona fide SUPER POWERS is the great leveler.

It's believable that Kara can take on gigantic threats because she has the same base powers as Superman. She can be a 15 year old girl and it can work. Plus keeping her that age allows for something different rather than just having a sexualized female version of the hero you can get into issues of mentoring, learning, growing up, emotional maturity ect... I mean, I always thought that Supergirl is a great character to showcase Superman as a parental figure, where as in the comics for a long time now Supergirl seems to exist for the purpose of cheesecake or the like.

So I say bring on Kara in the DCEU, but let's get something different that what is going to be on CBS, okay? Is that so much to ask for?

6. DlAMONDZ Registered

Don't think anyone has ever come out and confirmed it to be canon

I always thought Goyer wrote it for fun or whatever. So if they introduce her I see them ignoring it

7. Fallen Angel Earth Bound

It's canon. Kara's ship is the one that's 10,000 years old in MOS.

8. Jake Cassidy Registered

It doesn't matter. It's a book that very few people have read and SuperGIRL should be a teenager.

9. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I do feel man of steel needs a stronger woman role since I don't know if Amy Adams wants to come back as Lois. Whether it's supergirl, Diana or someone else I do think the movie needs that

10. ManWithNoName18 Registered

I think it's canon in the same way Jimmy Olsen is canon in the DCEU. In the actual theatrical edition that most people saw It's not said one way or the other

11. Marz69 Registered

As far as women, I don't think they need ww or supergirl in MOS2. Aside from Lois & Ma Kent, they could bring back the blonde who was cut out of BvS. I think she worked for star labs, right?

Depending on the story, Ma Kent could have a bigger role. Like if they go with Brainiac in baby Kal-el's pod. Or heck, bring in catwoman. Lex needs a g/f :oldrazz: or a replacement female for mercy , and she can be part of the legion of doom squad or even ss2.

12. brandeezy89 Registered

Amy says that Lois was her favorite role ever since she was a kid and considering that she auditioned for Lois before MOS, i think she's staying.

13. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I hope so. They'll need to do better by her though which is only fair. I love both Amy and Lois

14. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They should really adapt Girl from Krypton/Apocalypse storyline now that we have the trinity all on the big screen.

15. Boom I got nothin'

I'd honestly be all for it. Any chance to get more of DC's superheroines on the big screen.

16. BlueLanternKal Super-Lex

Yes. Missed opportunity if it doesn't happen.

17. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I'd love to see Kara in the sequel. But I think they should actually make her a teenager this time, not just to stick to the comics, but also to help differentiate from the TV version.

18. BH/HHH You Are My World

If they are doing the Brainiac storyline then hell yes I want Supergirl.

If it's a storyline that involves Metallo, Bizarro or Parasite then no, save her for the Brainiac story.

19. nyyarod yippee ki-yay mf!

I'm not sure I want to see Supergirl because I really want them to focus on Superman for the time being.

20. STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

I feel the same. I'm not that big on Supergirl appearing unless a meaningful cameo. Otherwise focus on Superman, Lois and Clark, and the villain.

21. MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Nope...just Superman and maybe Braniac.

22. ManWithNoName18 Registered

Superman hasn't had a lot of breathing room in MOS or BVS. In MOS immediately after mastering his powers he had to fight Zod. And in BVS he was still struggling to decide what kind of hero Superman should be. Not to mention sharing his sequel with both Batman and Wonder Woman.

But if they do it right I'm fine with Supergirl showing up. I just really want to see Clark having fully completed his journey to becoming Superman.

23. NotNickFury Registered

I say have Kara introduced in some capacity in a Superman solo, and then leave the door open for her to become Supergirl either in the next team film or her own adventure.

24. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

Supergirl and Superman working together on TV was great. Someone who loves the characters should definitely have a similar relationship between the two in a movie.

25. Tg11 Registered

Supergirl joining the League would be awesome but as for whether or not she shows up in a Superman solo remains to be seen but as for who I would cast...I would go with Alice Eve