Supergirl in a Supes solo movie or in the DCCU?

Alice Eve is 34 years old. Not only is she older than Henry Cavill, but she does not look anything like a teenager. She looks like a fully grown adult woman, not even a young woman like Melissa Benoist. She'll be 35 in just over 3 months' time. If they even got round to having Supergirl in a Superman solo, she would likely be in her late 30s. Why would anyone want a Supergirl that old?

Interesting you say Alice Eve. If they go Supergirl should they actually go with a girl as in someone who is a teenager (or can pass for one). Supergirl TV show presents Supergirl's age as early 20 something even though she's actually older.

In a similar way I think Tom Holland looked more age appropriate for Spider-Man than Tobey or Andrew did.

I also noticed the art in her rebirth series makes her look younger and put her back in Highschool

SupergirlBanner.jpg

Last edited:
If they go with a younger Supergirl then my pick would be Hayden Panatierre or AnnaSophia Robb

If they go with a younger Supergirl then my pick would be Hayden Panatierre or AnnaSophia Robb

I never watched Heroes, but know that Panatierre was in it. Was she any good, acting-wise, in that?

Hayden Panatierre is absolutely tiny. What I like about Melissa Benoist is that she still has stature. Plus Hayden is already in her late 20s.

I have zero interest in any teenage character. I know that's not most people's preference for Supergirl, and a couple other characters but I really just dislike it alot. So, my answer is, only if she's an adult version.

Yes which is why I would want an adult version of Supergirl but if they go with an adult version then I would go with Maggie Grace

Hayden Panatierre is absolutely tiny. What I like about Melissa Benoist is that she still has stature. Plus Hayden is already in her late 20s.

Well, yeah, but so is Benoist, if the DCEU was going for a younger Supergirl. But I would be fine with an already established or somewhat older one, so long as she's written well.

Well, yeah, but so is Benoist, if the DCEU was going for a younger Supergirl. But I would be fine with an already established or somewhat older one, so long as she's written well.

I know Melissa is in her late 20s. She already plays an older Supergirl, although she's still a relative novice. For a movie I'd like them to go more traditional with a younger Supergirl.

If they go with a traditional Supergirl a teenage Supergirl then in that case they should go with Odeya Rush but if they go with an older Supergirl then I would go with Alexandra Daddario

I don't like the take on Supergirl that we saw in the prequel comic. Not a fan of her being ancient. That ruins the dynamic between her and Clark.

I would much prefer a Supergirl along the lines of the one we saw in the animated Batman/Superman: Apocalypse.

I suppose she could be found frozen in ice and preserved due to Kryptonian heritage. Or just ignore the comic.

You could merge her and Jonathan together and make Kara Clark and Lois's daughter.

Meh, I don't really love the idea of Superdad to be honest. Instantly makes the character dull

I'd like to see her, but not as a young teen. I'd say late teens/early twenties. I think it would suit better for more of a mentoring relationship and not a parent/child dynamic.

I'd be all for it in this cinematic universe and would make her between 18-21, as others have said, that makes a mentoring/developing aspect of her with Superman. For actual acting talent, and look, Elle Fanning would be a good choice.

Last edited:
If Brainiac is the villain of the next Superman solo film, they could use that as a way to bring in Kara if they reveal that he came to Earth 20,000 years prior and collected and preserved a Kryptonian.

Or they could just ignore that comic and that open pod in MOS.

Last edited:
I dunno about Supergirl if they can make it work sure but with the slate been so full and the fact she has her own tv show. I think they might be better off introducing her later.

If they do introduce her and they go off that prequel comic I think it would work if she's frozen in the ice. Ive also said before have Brainiac have captured Kryptonians from one of the outposts.

Last edited:
Britt Robertson as Kara/Supergirl

I'd like to see Supergirl in the DCEU. Not sure whether I want her in the next Superman solo though; maybe a little further down the line. And I'd like to see her in her early 20s.

I'm partial to Chloe Grace Moretz.

If they're going for a Supergirl in her 20s, that could work since she's...well, just 20.

But there's no way I could watch Chloe Grace Moretz as Supergirl and not wait for her to just start cutting bad guys down with guns and knives instead of her fists.

Well the DCEU Kara is apparently a trained warrior already so it wouldn't be too far off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"