Supergirl in a Supes solo movie or in the DCCU?

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by John-An, Jan 21, 2015.

?

Supergirl in this DCCU?

1. Yay

2. Nay

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Richard Grayson Registered

I would have a straight up Superman movie first and then in the sequel, you could introduce Supergirl

2. BH/HHH You Are My World

Yeah I'd do MOS2 with Superman only and then MOS3 do the Brainiac arc introducing Kara/Supergirl.

3. Tg11 Registered

That would be smart

4. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Same here. The 2nd direct Superman movie is a little early to bring her in for me. But for the 3rd movie? Hell yeah

5. BH/HHH You Are My World

I do feel they could use MOS2 to introduce another DC character though for their own film. Like Lobo or Martian Manhunter. Just make sure Superman is the focus of the film.

6. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Would love either of them to appear, but especially MM.

7. Tg11 Registered

Both Supergirl and MM

8. Richard Grayson Registered

I'd rather the upcoming Superman movie just focus on Clark alone. Instead of expanding the universe, I'd like to see a good Superman movie

9. Frodo Registered

They really should just focus on Superman. Not Black Adam, Not Supergirl, not Batman. A solo Superman film.

If they want to introduce Supergirl, they need to man up, and just make a solo Supergirl film.

Regardless ,they need to stop clinging to other heroes or anti hero team- ups as a means of avoiding doing a truly solo Superman film. Just do it. That's my view at least

10. Gabe99 Registered

[​IMG]
    Rumor: Man of Steel 2 Will Introduce Supergirl to the DCEU
    A new rumor regarding Man of Steel 2 suggests that the second solo Superman effort will also serve to introduce Supergirl into the DCEU
    [​IMG]

11. BH/HHH You Are My World

There have been rumours prior that they have been developing the story and there's been reports its Brainiac as the villain and it introduces Supergirl. Tbh I wouldn't be shocked if the rumours were true but then I wouldn't be shocked if they weren't. I do think we may find out about MOS2 at Comic Con, maybe just an announcement that it's happening and a director.

I still think it's too soon for Superhirl but it would make sense for them to bring her in now with Wonder Woman been such a hit. Prior to that Harley Quinn was getting a lot of plaudits for Margot Robbie's portrayal in Suicide Squad which prompted WBs to quickly announce Gotham City Sirens. Here I can see them introducing Supergirl so they can spin her off. Which would be good and I imagine Henry Cavill would have a role in that film too. Seems to me that WBs are having there success with the female characters and they want to build on that.

#86 BH/HHH, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  12. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I don't know who would play Supergirl, but they ought to go younger than Melissa Benoist. Make her a teenager to tap into that younger audience. I don't know how young she would be, but Moana had a 15 or 16 year old protagonist alongside an older and "wiser" demigod figure, and it was up to Moana to save the day in the end.

Given how the Disney elements in WW have pulled in female audiences, they should seek to take advantage of those again where they can. You can't do that with every female character such as Batgirl or the Gotham City Sirens, but you can do that with Supergirl.

MOS2 could actually be like Mad Max Fury Road, where you discover half way through that the actual protagonist is the female. So instead of MOS2, it could be a secret Supergirl movie, rather than introducing her only in a BvS capacity to spin her off later.

13. BH/HHH You Are My World

I keep thinking maybe should they go Superman Unbound and just have her already be around. Then they could do a Supergirl solo after that's set before.

Also maybe Brainiac wss responsible for wiping out the Kryptonian colony that Zod & co found in Man of Steel.

[​IMG]

14. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Maybe Taylor Swift for Power Girl or Big Barda. We don't want Supergirl towering over Superman.

15. STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

I rather just have Superman and save the additional world-building for another film. If you're going to have anyone else introduce Jimmy.

16. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Mechad Brooks for Jimmy. Let him tower over Henry Cavill too. :o

17. BH/HHH You Are My World

I think they have to look at world building opportunities, it doesn't mean because they introduce Supergirl that it will take anything away from Superman and his arc. I've said befire I think they should use a Superman film to introduce Lobo too. It's a smart way of building the world yet these characters aren't been shoe horned in to fit because there are stories there where you can introduce them without losing focus.

18. STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

As long as they maintain the focus on Superman and fully flesh out his story. If they do that then I'm more apt to have other heroes appear. I just don't want his story to get sidetracked by forcing introductions to other heroes. If it's organic than I'm more accepting.

19. Boom I got nothin'

I think showing Clark as a "big brother" and teacher would be a great next step in his character arc.

20. kara zor el Registered

Good, it would be quite cool to introduce Melissa Benoist in the next Superman film, even if it is a small role, just to connect the 2 media/universes.

The casting of MB is perfect IMO' probably the best since Chris Reeve as the man himself, and this is from someone who saw the '78 when it first came out in the theatres. She is ideal as SG, and it would only add to the film.

21. Frodo Registered

I would actually prefer they did a standalone Benoist led Supergirl solo film based off of the Berlanti-verse much in the way X -Files, Batman 66, and Star Trek TOS spawned films.

I'd rather they not do what they did with Grant and Ezra, and instead just use the actor they already have. That said, logistically its a nightmare assuming the Supergirl show is still on when the film is in production, and you do have the multiverse issue .

I'm really not keen on the idea of Superman yet again having another team up as opposed to really fleshing out this Clark/Superman right after JL. As Brainiac as the villain is good.

I think it should really be just a Superman v Brainiac film with Supergirl getting her own film. You don't need to introduce her first in another film and spin her off imo.

WB needs to be bold and just greenlight a Supergirl film imo. Don't worry about shared universe and world building up to some date in the future. Put your characters out now. If the film is good, the GA will go see it , period.

22. BH/HHH You Are My World

Two things:

1) Her universe has its own Superman
    2) The TV show gas a completely different world/time to what we've seen eith the DCEU.

I don't think there's anyway it would work and I'd rather see the DCEU do something different with Kara.

I'm glad the universes are seperate, I think it's great that we have two DCUs on film at the same time. I wouldn't want to TV stuff to be hampered by the films and vice versa.

I still think it's best to introduce her in a Superman film first. You then spin her off into her own film with Superman been a supporting character or making a cameo (say the size of Gadot's in BvS). One thing I don't want is a repeat of the 1984 film where Superman no showed. Introducing her first in a Superman/Brainiac story just makes so much sense. She has a personal connection to the horrors Brainiac causes in the Geoff Johns run that would greatly benefit a movie.

23. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

If they do introduce her I wonder if they will ignore the prequel comic that dealt with a Kara coming to Earth. I assume they would since it would just be easier. I wouldn't mind if they adapted STAS and have her be Kara In-Ze.

24. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

I like the idea of introducing Supergirl in a Superman movie more. Let people that don't watch the TV show get to know her first. Then do a Supergirl movie.

#99 Osiris-Rex, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  25. Richard Grayson Registered

I still think a solo Superman movie works better first and then using the sequel to introduce Kara

Also to differentiate it from the TV show, I'd make her an actual teenager in the movie. Get an 18-20 year old to play her