Supergirl Movie

ManWithNoName18

Sidekick
Reaction score
https://deadline.com/2018/08/superg...se-oren-uziel-script-superman-1202440687/amp/

Warner Bros and DC are developing a feature film based around Supergirl, the heroine and cousin of Superman. Oren Uziel is working on the script, I’ve confirmed. Not a lot more is being divulged at this point, and it comes as a surprise considering most internet chatter has been based on what will next happen for Superman, who after the 2013 film Man of Steel, was conscripted to become key to the plots of Batman V Superman, and more recently Justice League.

Yes!!!!

:chd:

now they just need to get a good looking actress. ;)

Such good news, I just hope it's actually progressive news rather than another WB announcement that comes to nothing.

Yes!!!!

:chd:

now they just need to get a good looking actress. ;)

You make it sound like there's a shortage of beautiful women in Hollywood :oldrazz:
I believe I've mentioned it in some other thread in the past but I could definitely see Saoirse Ronan as Kara.

In an ideal world she would have been introduced in the third MoS movie. I wonder what Melissa Benoist would be thinking today.

In an ideal world she would have been introduced in the third MoS movie. I wonder what Melissa Benoist would be thinking today.

The same as Grant Gustin I expect.

Fantastic news :up:

I know it's early days and this may not come to anything, but nevertheless it is already the DCEU movie that I am most interested in after the Batman solo. Yes, sorry Batgirl, but Kara takes it.

I hope whoever plays Supergirl is actually a teenager—no disrespect to Melissa Benoist, or the previous live-action Supergirls (Laura Vandervoort and Helen Slater), but I'd prefer a Supergirl who's still high school-aged (or college-aged at most). I grew up on the STAS/JL/JLU Supergirl which is the version that I want to see on the big screen. ;)

I hope whoever plays Supergirl is actually a teenager—no disrespect to Melissa Benoist, or the previous live-action Supergirls (Laura Vandervoort and Helen Slater), but I'd prefer a Supergirl who's still high school-aged (or college-aged at most). I grew up on the STAS/JL/JLU Supergirl which is the version that I want to see on the big screen. ;)

It'd be a nice angle seeing a young Supergirl coming to terms with her abilities and responsibilities. I guess it could cover similar ground to Shazam! in that respect, although I'd hope the tone of the Supergirl movie would be different.

I suspect this was always in the planning stages to some degree or other, even without the DCEU's stumbles.

So...this pretty much guarantees some kind of Superman movie is in the cards in the near future, doesn't it?

Or is it the opposite?

Maybe there will just be a poster of a CGI altered Henry Cavill Superman in Jimmy Olsen's apartment.

I hope they go for the younger/high school/teen Kara instead of older Kara in the tv show.

The DCEU doesn't really offer much in the way of young heroes that can appeal to that demo market.

plus, skewing it younger can hopefully bring some much needed levity and brightness instead of everything being so grim dark.

I suspect this was always in the planning stages to some degree or other, even without the DCEU's stumbles.

So...this pretty much guarantees some kind of Superman movie is in the cards in the near future, doesn't it?

Or is it the opposite?

Maybe there will just be a poster of a CGI altered Henry Cavill Superman in Jimmy Olsen's apartment.

I've seen people theorising that it's a double-edged tactic, with WB basically saying to Henry Cavill 'we're more than happy to have a different Kryptonian featured in our universe if you don't want to do this - one who's extremely popular right now'. If Cavill relaxes his demands, great. If not, they can genuinely go ahead with the Supergirl movie and take it from there.

Agreed. Angourie Rice from The Nice Guys and The Beguiled would be my pick. She's 17 now and will probably be 20-ish by the time this film goes into production, which as we all know is the perfect Hollywood age to play a teenager, lol.

I guess, to a point. They have superhuman archetypes in the Shazam family if they want to play hardball along those lines. The movie could very well be a Superman and Supergirl film, and desire for a Superman solo aside, I don't see that as a bad thing.

I guess, to a point. They have superhuman archetypes in the Shazam family if they want to play hardball along those lines. The movie could very well be a Superman and Supergirl film, and desire for a Superman solo aside, I don't see that as a bad thing.

Although I'd love another Supes solo if the movie turned into Superman and Supergirl I'd be more than happy :up:

I hope they go for the younger/high school/teen Kara instead of older Kara in the tv show.

Initially this announcement didn't excite me very much, but actually yeah, a high school Supergirl could be really fun, kinda like Spider-Man Homecoming, maybe like 18 years old.

I'm just picturing now the Supergirl saving-the-day montage set to Blitzkrieg Bop, or something similar.

Last edited:
When I first took in the Christopher Reeve films, I immediately concluded that Superman III should've featured Supergirl's origin before sending her off on whatever adventure for her solo film the following year.

Because of that missed opportunity, there's always been a very particular team-up movie that I've been aching to see. And if it also serves as MOS2, so much the better.

Agreed. Angourie Rice from The Nice Guys and The Beguiled would be my pick. She's 17 now and will probably be 20-ish by the time this film goes into production, which as we all know is the perfect Hollywood age to play a teenager, lol.

I had to look her up, but I could definitely see Angourie Rice as Supergirl :up:

And risk her premium role as "Not Gwen Stacy" in the Spider-Man series?

But yeah, I could see it.

Introduce her in MoS 2 then have her live with Martha and set her up for a high school sequel that involves Intergang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"