Supergirl Movie

Both Helen Slater and Melissa Benoist are good representations of the character, which should give filmmakers a good idea about selecting future Supergirl actress.
I prefer Slater, but I like Benoist (not a fan of the show, but that's not her fault).

Both Helen Slater and Melissa Benoist are good representations of the character, which should give filmmakers a good idea about selecting future Supergirl actress.
So true!
Sad that several of the actresses that would be awesome as Supergirl, are now mostly too old (most due to them being women, a male actor won't have the age against him the same way)

It would have been great to see Imogen Poots, AnnaSophia Robb or Elle Fanning as Kara.

I re-post something that deserves to be discussed.

"Warner Brothers should have started developping a Supergirl film ten years ago when Imogen Poots was a young up-and-coming actress.
They could have seen that seen that she was unique among her peers. Because she did Centurion back then. An unusual choice of film for girls her age. And that they could strike gold with her.
Poots has since then always had a bit of quirky aura. She's is also a beauty in her own right, not the bland Hollywood type.

'Ah, this Imogen girl is interesting. Let's create something with her that takes advantage of her talent and style'

WB could have been thinking just like that, seeing that a long-term process would really benefit the final film. The pre-production could go on for 2-3 years, with consulting the actress now and then. Sort of working together with her on this. Yes, she would have been involved in the developpment
This way, they could together have slowly built up to a film with a quality mark. Then released it in 2015.

It would hopefully not have been a dumb mainstream adaption, but this take on a superhero should have a really well-written and clever story. A character-driven one.
This Supergirl should have been as unique as Donnerverse was at its start in 1978.
And I don't mean Supergirl going for the same style. It should instead have been fit for 2015, having a very modern feel and approach to the character. Maybe it can be better to compare it with 2017s Wonder Woman?
The years of development could even have brought a little bit of artsy feel to the Supergirl film, making it stick out from the generic blockbuster mold."

Considering they're pivoting away from Keaton, they're most likely not moving forward with the Supergirl idea either. At this point they will have to reshoot the ending of The Flash.

Considering they're pivoting away from Keaton, they're most likely not moving forward with the Supergirl idea either. At this point they will have to reshoot the ending of The Flash.
That new JL from the old regime led by Supergirl, Batgirl, and 70-year old Batman is pretty much DOA, thank god.

If there was going to be a Supergirl movie, Silver Banshee would fit as best villain for the Girl of Steel to take on. dem1m4x-de90c165-9f00-4c1e-9a41-32f8d8a7919f.jpg

If they ever get another Henry Cavill Superman movie off the ground, I'd love to see Supergirl folded into the plot.

Seconded. Ideally that's what should happen even though we're getting her in The Flash. But if we ever do get another Superman solo, I imagine we'd see Sasha Calle's Supergirl there as well.

Rather build it around Sasha Calle and have Henry Cavill show up in Supergirl also as her cousin

Honestly, the #1 Superman movie I wish they'd made a long time ago is the one that properly introduces Supergirl. So if they actually do it this time? I'd be on cloud 9. :SG:

Honestly, the #1 Superman movie I wish they'd made a long time ago is the one that properly introduces Supergirl. So if they actually do it this time? I'd be on cloud 9. :SG:
Same here, would be very big for me if they did that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"