Supergirl Supergirl Season 1 Episode 18 - "Worlds Finest" MAJOR SPOILERS

I'm going to remember your post and remind you of it if indeed we do see the set up in a later episode of the Flash.
it's best to walk away it'll speak for it self if it does show up wth inthe show of the flash and digi fic will indeed say / admit he was wrong, at the very least. it's just always weird we have fit of stubbornness before that. mistakes happen and Barlanti's not running the cw network. be sides he's overly busy with his booter gold and blue betle movie script.

any way let's just wait and see what happens. we'll indeed get our lead in. let though it may be.

I'd love to be proven wrong on this; I really would. I just don't see much cause for optimism that Berlanti and Kreisberg spoke incorrectly.

Don't mind my pessimism, though, and carry on.

You can't say without a doubt that they spoke incorrectly until you've seen the next few episodes of the Flash. Making such a categorical statement right now is just foolish, especially when the storyline of the Flash for the next episode would actually fit better with him crossing over to Supergirl's world than Flash Back would have, which wouldn't have remotely fitted at all.

What was that rotating sphere thing in Non's hand ?

Omegahedron ?

Flash Back absolutely set up World's Finest. It just didn't set it up directly. World's Finest talked about running fast enough to breach the dimensional barriers. Flash Back was about learning to run faster.

There seems to be a missing step, but, while I expect it to be addressed based on the description (which seemed to be more direct), it's not a plothole so much as an off screen adventure.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next Episode has a time skip of a week or two, with Team Flash talking about how Barry has been steadily getting faster, since they build the tachyon device with the help of Thawne's instructions, and how he even accidentally ended up on another earth.

I think the episode should've ended after Kara said "goodbye Barry". That seemed the perfect feel-good end to the episode. It's only because of this 20-episode order that we had to have the episode segue into Myriad with the cliffhanger.

I think the episode should've ended after Kara said "goodbye Barry". That seemed the perfect feel-good end to the episode. It's only because of this 20-episode order that we had to have the episode segue into Myriad with the cliffhanger.

The ending was one of my favorite parts of this last episode...lol

I'm probably more pumped about Ep. 19 because of that ending than I have been for any of the other episodes.

This face made me laugh out loud...

pJCkHZNfxJJ7i.gif

What's that supposed to mean? :huh:
It's a stereotypical and rather dirty minded phrase. Google it. Because if I were to explain it here I'd probably get in trouble. :funny:

For the record I am black....I mean that doesn't make it any less stereotypical. Does make it funnier...for me. But let me stop. This was a great crossover, race jokes aside.

I do not watch Supergirl. I watched the pilot and thought it was actually quite fun looking but I have too many shows I watch so I gave it a miss. As someone who just watched this for the Flash here are my thoughts.

Good
- Kara is awesome. I seriously fell in love in this one episode. Brilliant casting.
- I actually liked the 'city save her' thing. While I did expect her or Barry to take them down, I feel the way the people saved her was very 'superman' universe-like. It's true to the character.
- I thought the costume of silver banshee was immense. The character really intrigued me and made me want to find out more.
- Barry and Kara's chemistry was off the charts.. perhaps more than with anyone outside of team flash and joe.
- Cat Grant.. i could probably get used to it. Interesting character.
- The set up at the end made me intrigued for the next episode.

Bad
- This is not a race thing but Jimmy Olsen could be the worst casting and scripting decision they ever made (in a show where the casting generally seemed to be on point). I won't go on about it because I'm sure there's been a lot of talk, but he was a terrible actor. There was no chemistry there whatsoever and I don't know if I'd be interested watching a show where he's the main love interest, especially if he mopes around like he did in this one. He was terrible.
- As much as Silver Banshee's look and character impressed me, Livewire had the opposite effect (although her use of TV screens was cool).
- The fight scene came off a bit campy, kinda like power rangers with a girly spin.

Overall I'm really glad I gave some time to this. I'd give it a solid 9/10. Most enjoyable of the Flash/Arrow/SG shows this week. I really hope they return the favor sometime and she cameos in the shows I watch, she was awesome.

Last edited:
I do not watch Supergirl. I watched the pilot and thought it was actually quite fun looking but I have too many shows I watch so I gave it a miss. As someone who just watched this for the Flash here are my thoughts.

Good
- Kara is awesome. I seriously fell in love in this one episode. Brilliant casting.
- I actually liked the 'city save her' thing. While I did expect her or Barry to take them down, I feel the way the people saved her was very 'superman' universe-like. It's true to the character.
- I thought the costume of silver banshee was immense. The character really intrigued me and made me want to find out more.
- Barry and Kara's chemistry was off the charts.. perhaps more than with anyone outside of team flash and joe.
- Cat Grant.. i could probably get used to it. Interesting character.
- The set up at the end made me intrigued for the next episode.

Bad
- This is not a race thing but Jimmy Olsen could be the worst casting and scripting decision they ever made (in a show where the casting generally seemed to be on point). I won't go on about it because I'm sure there's been a lot of talk, but he was a terrible actor. There was no chemistry there whatsoever and I don't know if I'd be interested watching a show where he's the main love interest, especially if he mopes around like he did in this one. He was terrible.
- As much as Silver Banshee's look and character impressed me, Livewire had the opposite effect (although her use of TV screens was cool).
- The fight scene came off a bit campy, kinda like power rangers with a girly spin.

Overall I'm really glad I gave some time to this. I'd give it a solid 9/10. Most enjoyable of the Flash/Arrow/SG shows this week. I really hope they return the favor sometime and she cameos in the shows I watch, she was awesome.

I think you might REALLY enjoy the episodes entitled "Red Faced" and "Human For A Day"...but if you don't have CBS All Access, then I would suggest "Falling" which you can watch for free at http://www.cbs.com/shows/supergirl/video/wihI4qNNd7GQYD6m7fjSZwIpSINWtAkp/supergirl-falling/

And thanks for sharing your thoughts about the show.... :)

I think you might REALLY enjoy the episodes entitled "Red Faced" and "Human For A Day"...but if you don't have CBS All Access, then I would suggest "Falling" which you can watch for free at http://www.cbs.com/shows/supergirl/video/wihI4qNNd7GQYD6m7fjSZwIpSINWtAkp/supergirl-falling/

Awesome thank you. :)

I'm actually considering giving the whole season a shot after seeing this, because I do remember liking the pilot also but I'm just so loaded on shows :(. I will try those episodes!

Did anyone else find it silly that Livewire wanted Silver Banshee to get a complete makeover, but she herself stills wears her regular clothes. You'd think with her being able to disassemble and reassemble her outfit, she could create something different looking.

Eyx5ed1.gif

This was a lot of fun. Love the interaction between Barry and the Supergirl crew. Great banter from Barry. What was that line Barry had where he said something along the lines of "I'm sorry I keep saying ________".

I'm actually considering giving the whole season a shot after seeing this, because I do remember liking the pilot also but I'm just so loaded on shows :(. I will try those episodes!

I would not take this episode as representative of the series at all. I think most agree that despite it being a fun episode, it was definitely not as strong in many aspects as other episodes. The fighting and action scenes left much to be desired, and the tone of it was definitely more campy than normal.

Even the casting of Harriett Samsone Harris as Siobhan's witch aunt made it seem campy and made me think of certain scenes in Lois and Clark. This show is bright and fun, but the tone is better balanced than this episode, and some of the acting by Melissa has been phenomenal this season. She puts all actresses from the related CW shows to shame.

Those episodes will hook you for sure.... :woot:

I loved this episode so much. Sure, it wasn't "perfect" by an means, but it was just so much ... fun. The cast, particularly Melissa and Grant, seemed to be enjoying themselves and their characters so much. They also seemed to be a lot more relaxed and in-character.

It will probably never happen, but I'm keeping my fingers cross that Kara can cross-over to The Flash where Supergirl and The Flash must team-up to battle the villainous Music Meister, to be played by Neil Patrick Harris of course, by singing!

I had to rock an avatar of her going YES! to ice cream from Barry :hehe:

Does this episode connect in the same way The Flash and Arrow episodes do or could it be seen as a separate event?

It does not connect in the same way, simply in that the crossover was only in an episode of Supergirl, not both shows.

Great, thanks, so a Flash fan doesn't need to watch this episode for continuity's sake. (I will, but just wanted to be 100% sure)

Of course you need to watch this episode of Supergirl, you need to watch all of the episodes of Supergirl are you kidding? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"