Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Ep22 "Nevertheless, She Persisted" - SEASON FINALE; MAJOR SPOILERS

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
SUPERGIRL FIGHTS FOR HER CITY; SUPERMAN RETURNS — Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) challenges Rhea (guest star Teri Hatcher) to battle to save National City. Meanwhile, Superman (guest star Tyler Hoechlin) returns and Cat Grant (guest star Calista Flockhart) offers Supergirl some sage advice. Glen Winter directed the episode with a story by Andrew Kreisberg & Jessica Queller and teleplay by Robert Rovner & Caitlin Parrish (#222). Original air date 5/22/2017.

Andrew Kriesberg interview via TV Line

Behind-the-scenes galleries are up at Supergirl.TV:

Gallery 1
Gallery 2

Last edited:
Persistence will likely apply to Supergirl, Lillian Luthor, and Rhea.

Given the real-world context of this quote, I would be very intrigued by this title...IF the show hadn't proven to be rather haphazard with the significance of its titles (still looking at you, "Supergirl Lives"!).

Given the real-world context of this quote, I would be very intrigued by this title...IF the show hadn't proven to be rather haphazard with the significance of its titles (still looking at you, "Supergirl Lives"!).

Sometimes the title can have more than one meaning, such as "Hostile Takeover" or "How Does She Do It?"

Sometimes the title can have more than one meaning, such as "Hostile Takeover" or "How Does She Do It?"
Yeah, but they're pretty much never as impactful as they sound, lol. "Hostile Takeover" sounds a lot more epic than it was, for example. The only thing that happened that would even qualify as an actual "hostile takeover" to me was the CatCo plot, and that was small potatoes. Kryptonians breaking into Lord Tech and promptly leaving? Nah. Same goes for the aforementioned "Supergirl Lives," which had us speculating a much more exciting plot than we actually got, and was basically only used as a reference to the Kevin Smith connection. The episode titles are basically meaningless to me at this point.

Last edited:
If The CW allows these shows to go toooo political it will be the death of these shows just ask MARVEL how their comics are doing keep real politics out of entertainment Hollywood ****

I hope Supergirl gets less political for season 3.

I hope it keeps taking those chances, and being brave enough to continue.

I hope it keeps taking those chances, and being brave enough to continue.

Pretty much like Senator Elizabeth Warren, from whom this episode drew inspiration.

Since this will not be 2 hours, please give it some overtime.

Limited commercial interruptions would be ideal, considering this already looks like a pretty stuffed finale.

If The CW allows these shows to go toooo political it will be the death of these shows just ask MARVEL how their comics are doing keep real politics out of entertainment Hollywood ****

Someone complaining about a TV show about a superhero being too political has obviously never read a superhero comic book. Superhero comic books are all about politics.
Have been from the very beginning. And probably always will be. What do people think X-Men, Wonder Woman, Luke Cage, The Indiscernible Hulk, are metaphors for?
If someone doesn't like politics, maybe superheroes aren't for them.

I hope Supergirl gets less political for season 3.

I doubt it. Especially with the season finale going out with a political bang.

"Supergirl's Political Season Finale Title Has Feminists Fist-Pumping"
The #Supergirl season 2 finale is titled 'Nevertheless, She Persisted' and I'm SO PROUD to be a superhero tv fan today 👊🏻💥
— Molly Freeman (@mollyrockit) May 1, 2017

The #Supergirl finale title "Nevertheless She Persisted" reminded me how much I love the saying; I ordered a new tshirt this morning 😁

— Lindsay B (@lemon_buzz) April 29, 201

"Nevertheless, She Persisted ". Such a great title. #Supergirl finale will.be EPIC, I already know. 😍😍😍

— Jhonas Stilinski (@JhonasStil) May 1, 2017
http://www.tvguide.com/news/supergir...she-persisted/

Funny because some of the most political infused literature out there today are ................................ OMG ........................... comicbooks. :sly: :whatever:

Marvel's problem right now is crappy writing and endlessly horrible "events." That's certainly why I've dropped their books this year. Civil War 2 was an abomination.

Problem with Marvel is that they don't think long-term like DC.

Marvel's problem right now is crappy writing and endlessly horrible "events." That's certainly why I've dropped their books this year. Civil War 2 was an abomination.

No kidding. Seems you can't past six issues without an event interrupting or a renumbering or a revamp. And that's before getting into the whole situation with Hydra and Nazis.

Last edited:
New 52 only lasted a few years, not months.

I have a feeling they will promote this season finale a lot more than episodes 20 and 21.

:lmao:

I don't think DC has thought long term since the original Crisis. They certainly didn't think things long term with the nu52.

They thought 52 issues worth with most the books. Although the New 52 Supergirl was so terrible that one ended after only 40 issues. Even so even that one lasted from 2011 to 2015.
Four years is an eternity compared to what marvel is doing.

Indeed Luke. Supergirl, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow have dealt with political issues, the first one I think one too many times. The Flash as far as I know HAS NEVER dipped its toes in that swamp. That's why that show has been a big hit for the CW.

And to go slightly OT, ESPN has been losing subscribers and with it 100 people have lost their jobs. Just engine search "ESPN loses subscribers" and you will see what I mean. Now they can spin this as saying people are cutting cable and other ways to get ESPN. But that's not the WHOLE story. Then again, ABC owns Disney.

And Luke I did see somewhere about Marvel admitting their sales suffer when they go PC like changing the She-Hulk from a sexy, ass kicking, stronger than anyone party girl to an angry SJW.

It made ZERO SENSE to kill off Bruce Banner and name Jennifer Walters as simply Hulk.

How is Mon-El going to find out that his mother actually killed his father? She did it in private didn't she? There was no-one else to see, and I can't imagine there were cameras on the ship.

How is Mon-El going to find out that his mother actually killed his father? She did it in private didn't she? There was no-one else to see, and I can't imagine there were cameras on the ship.

The only way I can think of is if Rhea comes clean and confesses it to Mon-El.

That sounds like the only way, unless J'onn could read her mind. But is she able to block him?

That sounds like the only way, unless J'onn could read her mind. But is she able to block him?

Kryptonians can, not sure about Daxamites...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"