Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 41

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like he finally has left his Spice addiction behind..
tumblr_o2afbemRKi1sc0ffqo1_500.gif

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

Quentin Tarantino won't be integrated into MCU.

You can't really judge a film by the trailer, however let's just say this teaser was 1000 fold better than any of the Justice League trailers and promotions.

Quentin Tarantino won't be integrated into MCU.

It's fair to say that Marvel will force Fox properties into their branding, but it is not fair to say that Disney is going to force them to do it. Disney has owned many subsidiaries and they have let them do their own thing. Miramax is the perfect example, although with everything that's happened with Weinstein recently they're probably a little ashamed of having owned it.

Justice League's had me feeling "I guess I'll see it. Please don't suck"

Infinity War trailer had me acting like JR after Mankind got thrown off the Hell in a Cell.

JL trailers had me thinking "it will be a miracle if this doesn't end up sucking".

IW teaser had me thinking "for a movie of this magnitude and scale it looks quite generic and doesn't have much beyond showing all these characters share the screen, which we saw already numerous times". On the other hand, all MCU trailers felt generic. Always. Except for A1 teaser.

Yeah, marketing really failed on JL.

oh hai Steppenwolf.

Untitled-5fa4c136156aebd03.gif
When I saw the trailer and he lands on Earth and comes face to face with Strange and Stark, it was like an oh s*** moment! This movie is crazy!! That's how it should have been when the Justice League met Darkseid. Now I don't think we may ever see him on the screen.

I don't care much about his armor. But I think it will be great if he will wear it eventually, because it's his classic look. Maybe in A4.

Yeah, maybe when he has all the stones. The colours will look good when the gauntlet is lit up with all the stones in and he'll really pop onscreen with the armour too.

When I saw the trailer and he lands on Earth and comes face to face with Strange and Stark, it was like an oh s*** moment! This movie is crazy!! That's how it should have been when the Justice League met Darkseid. Now I don't think we may ever see him on the screen.

It's a shame as JL and Darkseid should have been every bit as good. The source material is at least equal so it's just the overall execution and buildup.

Anyway at least Thanos looks awesome and it's pretty crazy how he's taking out Iron Man and slamming Spidey.

That is so cool.

Hulk and War Machine in the background. At least I think that's War Machine. Wow.

It's almost hard to believe they are really doing this.

Marvel does a shot like that and DC had like 4 or 5 of those glory shots of the Justice League just standing in a line doing nothing while the camera pans. Does anyone over their not get why their movie failed while Marvel can basically mark up another 1.2-1.5 billion?

Anyone notice the star on Cap's suit is gone? It almost looks like Cap tore it out.

Was Disney "hands on" and "brand conscious" when they let Quentin Tarantino make Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill?

Neither of those films were marketed with the Disney label. There's a reason most people don't know they were produced by Disney. Marvel IS a part of the Disney brand, now, as will any new heroes they get back. It's a completely different scenario.

But hey, Infinity War looks incredible! :woot:

And yes, I do believe that it’ll look better once the film is in theaters.
Josh Brolin could stand there without make up and prosthetics, just in his Brolinness, and wouldn't look as real as the CG in that shot.

It's a shame as JL and Darkseid should have been every bit as good. The source material is at least equal so it's just the overall execution and buildup.

Anyway at least Thanos looks awesome and it's pretty crazy how he's taking out Iron Man and slamming Spidey.

You know what's crazy? Disney could have actually launched that trailer in theaters and charge $1 to see it and I can guarantee you it would make at least $5M. It even has a shocking after credit scene........one that we knew was there but just....done so right.

Marvel does a shot like that and DC had like 4 or 5 of those glory shots of the Justice League just standing in a line doing nothing while the camera pans. Does anyone over their not get why their movie failed while Marvel can basically mark up another 1.2-1.5 billion?
tbf, Marvel's first group shot was the Avengers just standing in a circle while the camera panned around them. That was of course 5 1/2 years ago, but don't forget how desperate DC is trying to catch up

You know what's crazy? Disney could have actually launched that trailer in theaters and charge $1 to see it and I can guarantee you it would make at least $5M. It even has a shocking after credit scene........one that we knew was there but just....done so right.

I'd pay up quite a few times yeah. This has got to be one of my all-time favourite trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"