Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - Part 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I assume there might be other DCEU jokes in the actual film (the moustache joke seemed to be a trailer only thing).

Oh my...

V0OIztM.png

https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/status/973252855028068352
It damn better be.

I want a joke about Aquaman's war cry that sounds like chicken squawk.

The best joke would be that Deadpool 2 is exactly the same film as Deadpool and yet they try to convince me it's ground breaking, fresh, and on a par with the Godfather or some other classic world beater and the overseeing producer is held as some form of god.

yZAbnTY.gif

A shot at Toy Story, another movie that has the name Joss Whedon attached.
Actually now another counter report claims the bad test screening were bs. It actually went brilliantly.

Who to believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to believe... my nose.

I can't imagine Deadpool 2 will wind up being "bad" or unenjoyable, even if it isn't that great of a film.

The best joke would be that Deadpool 2 is exactly the same film as Deadpool and yet they try to convince me it's ground breaking, fresh, and on a par with the Godfather or some other classic world beater and the overseeing producer is held as some form of god.

That hyperbole sounds more like something Snyder fans would do.

I also doubt it will be exactly the same film as the first. Do you think they'll do the origin story for Deadpool again, and that his goal is to get back with Vanessa yet again?

Misunderstood and in 20 years time will become a classic!

Mjölnir;36419989 said:
I also doubt it will be exactly the same film as the first. Do you think they'll do the origin story for Deadpool again, and that his goal is to get back with Vanessa yet again?
I expect cuts back and forth from flashbacks to present, Cable seeking a villain known by super name but not by the real name "WHERE'S A**H***?"

:oldrazz:
Just kidding

Mjölnir;36419989 said:
That hyperbole sounds more like something Snyder fans would do.

It was a dig at the MCU.... I actually wouldn't expect the same film, the same jokes that require you too like the character of Deadpool, yes, blatantly of course.

It was a dig at the MCU.... I actually wouldn't expect the same film, the same jokes that require you too like the character of Deadpool, yes, blatantly of course.

My comment on hyperbole still stands. The only such pretentiousness I've seen from CBM fans is some Snyder fans' talk of "the film is too deep and smart for you to understand, that's why you don't like it". It's of course only a few, but they still stand out in the crowd of various weird fans.

I'd be highly surprised if a Deadpool film wasn't made to feature Deadpool, and thus catering to people that like Deadpool, yes.

It would be a repeat joke. Given that it was already performed with DCEU.

Aren't digs supposed to not be perfectly applicable to the one making the dig?

Oh the irony :o

I can't imagine Deadpool 2 will wind up being "bad" or unenjoyable, even if it isn't that great of a film.

Yeah it'd be like... "How come you couldn't just hire the guys that wrote the trailers to write this?"

My excitement for Deadpool 2 is just not there. None of the little footage we've seen has done much for me and I feel like I can only handle so much of him as a character.

I know he's more of an "anti-hero" but he didn't have many redeeming qualities and one I can only handle so much of.

I used to HATE Deadpool, but the first movie made me like him. It was short too, because it knew better than to overstay his welcome. I'm hoping the second one does even better. I'm optimistic with him having more cool characters to play off of.

I'm a DCEU guy, that's all I'm saying.

Well, then. Now we know how you feel when the rumors start pouring in that a movie you've been eagerly anticipating is a disaster. So I guess we feel your pain now.

I'm almost certain Deadpool 2 is going to lack the unconventional love story that grounded the character and helped the first transcend just a wacky action comedy.

I'm almost certain Deadpool 2 is going to lack the unconventional love story that grounded the character and helped the first transcend just a wacky action comedy.

What helped the first that it is genuinely hard to find are how different characters bounced off of Deadpool. It was very much an ensemble film and they accomplished that with a heck of lot less money, resources, and stunt casting. I assumed sequels would get to amp up what makes Deadpool Deadpool like that short film/teaser before Logan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"