Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess Jim Lee is taking his place. Anybody know what credentials Lee brings outside of being an artist and doing character design? Look, I'm not saying anything bad about Lee taking over, after all he was the one that broadened my horizons beyond Batman and Superman with his take on the X Men in the 90's, but outside of creating the early Wildstom stuff, has he done anything recently?

Honestly, I think this is them realizing that the CCO gig really isn't a position for a writer. Lee spent several years as a publisher (who, with his co-publishers, built a very successful company), which probably makes him better-qualified for what's essentially an "overseer" gig than Johns.

Last edited:
Geoff Johns started out in movies before he started writing comics. Johns studied media arts, screenwriting, film production and film theory at Michigan State University before getting a job as a production assistant for Richard Donner.

Kevin Feige started out as a assistant to Lauren Shuler Donner.

I think trying to determine or prove the "correct" amount of humor to employ in a blockbuster is a fool's errand. Spoiler alert: the limit does not exist. Humor either works for people or it doesn't. There's no formula for achieving the former

I didn't see anybody refer to a "formula" or a "limit".

Yep, that's one of the reasons why Ragnarok caught on so well with the GA as well as the usual CBM crowd. It's a genuinely funny, positive, feel good movie with tons of action and spectacle, as well as genuinely likeable characters. It's the kind of movie that has a crazy rewatchability factor, I can stick it on when I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps and it'll always cheer me right up without fail. It reminds me more of the big action/fantasy/adventure blockbusters of the 80's rather than the modern day equivalent, which clearly was the point and because of that it evokes a wonderful sense of nostalgia, especially for those that are 80's kids like myself.

I just love it, it's not only one of my favourite CBM's of all time but also one of my favourite movies full stop. I pray that Lord Feige finds a way to get Waititi back to direct another MCU film one day.

I hope that Waititi comes back.

I'm fed up with WB/DC, Star Wars, internet fandoms, and the lack of original IPs. I'm thinking of checking out.

That's your right and your choice.

Aquaman trailer is rumored to be dropping this week.

If the trailer is coming soon then we should be getting a poster even sooner.

So now that the AT&T/Time Warner merger has been approved, I'll pose the question I originally asked that received zero response:

To everyone in favor of Comcast outbidding Disney for Fox..... why? How is that better for the consumer?

Not sure about everything else, but I am 100% confident that Disney will at least obtain Fox’s marvel properties

Not a single worry

I wish I had your confidence. I don't know how I see this shaking out, but I hope the Marvel properties end up back where they belong.

I just don’t see Disney losing out to comcast, whether it be guaranteed cash or something else.

^EDIT: Seeing how dirty Comcast plays, I'd be a little skeptical. I think the most we'd hope for is Disney working out something that, in the final analysis, would give broadcast a few more years over streaming in exchange for the highly lucrative superhero properties... maybe.

So now that the AT&T/Time Warner merger has been approved, I'll pose the question I originally asked that received zero response:

To everyone in favor of Comcast outbidding Disney for Fox..... why? How is that better for the consumer?

It's not, but you have to look up Comcast to know it's not just another media company. Before taking a real look at this post, my general thought was that Disney may become what Comcast already is, and that would be bad, not knowing Comcast is already there.

Last edited:
None of this is good. And things are bigger than a few IPs.

Disney getting Fox isn't a good thing for the industry, but it is much better than Comcast getting it. Just ask anyone who has been stuck with them as a service provider or look at the death of Net Neutrality. They are arguably the scummiest company in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"