Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't going through reshoots the norm in this business?

Yes. Reshoots by themselves are perfectly normal. Something like what is happening with New Mutants is definitely NOT normal.

The only news I heard about the Captain Marvel movie is that Bree Larson finished filming.

Yes. Reshoots by themselves are perfectly normal. Something like what is happening with New Mutants is definitely NOT normal.

And Dark Pheonix.

The only news I heard about the Captain Marvel movie is that Bree Larson finished filming.

I posted this yesterday. It's the first bit of any negative news surrounding Captain Marvel and I don't think there's any truth to it yet, but I thought it was worth posting considering that the hosts have insider ties:

So I’m listening to a podcast called Nerdificent and the hosts are two people involved in the film/comedy community and one of them on the recent Ant-man and the Wasp episode revealed that she’s heard rumors of trouble from the Captain Marvel set. Apparently the reshoots are more extensive than they’d like and not everyone is thrilled with the script.

If you’d like to hear it for yourself it’s around the 28 minute mark.

I thought Cheadle was much better. Not only is he a better actor, but he actually felt like Tony's friend whereas Howard felt like he couldn't stand Stark and only tolerated him because of his money. The chemistry between RDJ and Cheadle was much better.
I honestly didn't see any chemistry between RDJ and Cheadle.

And I actually thought Howard was much more of a sympathy friend. Cheadle could be a jerk sometimes.

I honestly didn't see any chemistry between RDJ and Cheadle.

And I actually thought Howard was much more of a sympathy friend. Cheadle could be a jerk sometimes.
What if Terrance Howard came back as a villain in a future Avengers movie, it would be hilarious. Don Cheadle could be like a skrull or something pretending to be Terrance and Terrance would be locked in the same cave as Tony until he finally breaks out and takes his revenge on Cheadle. LOL.

What exactly is happening with that movie? Are they reshooting the whole thing or something?

What exactly is happening with that movie? Are they reshooting the whole thing or something?

I don't think they're reshooting the whole thing but they're apparently reshooting most of it.

Fox and the director apparently didn't see eye to eye. Boone wanted a more edgy, R-rated horror film and the studio wanted something more reigned in and PG-13. Apparently that didn't work out so well and after the success of IT, Fox now believes in that vision (sigh.....) and wants Boone to make the movie they hired him to make.

I guess I’d rather that than shorting Boone’s version only to to change it to the studio’s vision ala Fant4stic and Justice League. I can’t belive it’s almost been a year since we first saw a trailer for the movie and we’re still like a year out.

Also I like Cheadle more than Howard. I think he’s got way more chemistry with Downey. I particularly like the scene between the two of them after the Monaco fight in Iron Man 2 and the “WarMachineRox” scene in Iron Man 3.

At being delayed for 18 MONTHS (!), they are either likely reshooting most of the film or just burying the thing. It honestly wouldn't stun me if it never gets released at this point.

At being delayed for 18 MONTHS (!), they are either likely reshooting most of the film or just burying the thing. It honestly wouldn't stun me if it never gets released at this point.

It's scheduled for January, right? Not a good sign.

gA78LPf.jpg

I love Cola brand Cola!

I'm still not sure about the obvious fake muscles added to Mr. Levi's frame. Christopher Reeve is still considered the definitive on screen Supes and he was no more jacked and pumped than Zach. If the producers had to have a super sized hero they should have cast John Cena.

Looking forward to the next three DC films! Looks like they're finally matching characters with the right tone, instead of making everything dark and depressing like Batman.

I don't think they're reshooting the whole thing but they're apparently reshooting most of it.

Fox and the director apparently didn't see eye to eye. Boone wanted a more edgy, R-rated horror film and the studio wanted something more reigned in and PG-13. Apparently that didn't work out so well and after the success of IT, Fox now believes in that vision (sigh.....) and wants Boone to make the movie they hired him to make.

Geeeeez. I was never sure that a horror-style X-Men movie was a good idea, but I was interested in it. But that's stupid that they went from something that seemed somewhat original to being completely derivative of another movie just because it was a hit.

Geeeeez. I was never sure that a horror-style X-Men movie was a good idea, but I was interested in it. But that's stupid that they went from something that seemed somewhat original to being completely derivative of another movie just because it was a hit.

Have you seen the other movies Boone's done? 2017's IT is in his wheelhouse. That's precisely what I expected from the get-go if he was going to do a horror-styled YA movie with New Mutants.

Either way I keep reading conflicting reports on this. One side screaming they're reshooting to lighten it up, the movie IT wouldn't work without its cast comradrie, or they're reshooting because the horror was wack, which imho said movie they're taking inspiration from is more goofy/cartoony in the actual scares dept but sure w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"