Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Heard sound like she was doing a ScarJo impression to anyone else?

Shazam looks fun, although some of the editing was annoying.

Aquaman looks terrible.

I liked the Aquaman trailer. Not quite as much as Shazam’s, but it got the job done.

I preferred the Aquaman trailer to the Shazam one personally. Something just still feels off to me about Shazam.

I too preferred Aquaman's trailer over Shazam's. Though neither was a slam dunk, imo. The trailer I was least interested in at that panel (Godzilla) ended up being the only one that got me hyped.

I too preferred Aquaman's trailer over Shazam's. Though neither was a slam dunk, imo. The trailer I was least interested in at that panel (Godzilla) ended up being the only one that got me hyped.

Godzilla was a good tease but I still preferred Aquamans trailer personally. Just hope they touch up the CGI in some spots.

Not an Aquaman fan either BTW.

Aquaman looks good to me though I too am not a fan of the Aquabro performance Momoa is giving. Shazam looked good the moment they announced Levi so I have always been onboard for that film.

Glass and Godzilla had both great trailers, though the later has a bit of corny dialogue, if you ask me, when it tries to explain the magnificence and importance of the monsters is a hit or miss. When it shows it it's just great though.

Shazam and Aquaman are okay, but both lack something. I think Shazam's anchored by Levi's performance, which looks like it suits the character perfectly (more than any other DCEU actor, in fact, with the possible expection of Cavill when he's allowed a normal Superman moment) but the overall direction feels stale, like it's just following the leader in regards to the MCU (and limiting itself to an imitation of its more vanilla entries like Ant-Man). Last but not least, the way they show his transformation working has to be the laziest and most sterile performance of special effects in any multi-million CBM I've seen. Aquaman has a bit more style, but man, Momoa, as hard as he tries, can't seem to convey anything. He's not likeable, he's not impressive, he's not charming... The guy just isn't lead material, I'm afraid. Also, the stuff when he's a kid looks straight out of CW show. I loved Thrones of Atlantis in the comics, though, hopefully they nail the story and that'll be enough to convince me.

Last edited:
I really liked a lot of the Fantastic Beast trailer but... well yeah. So I can't get hyped for that. The Godzilla trailer definitely got my blood flowing, but do did the last one. So I am going to be cautious about keeping my hype in check. Really hope it works out though.

Between Shazam and Aquaman, at least I got the LotR epicness in some of Aquaman, but I honestly have no idea if either movie is going to really work for me. On the plus side, every time Patty and Gal talk about Wonder Woman, I break out in hives of happiness.

I liked both trailers, but I'd have to give it to Aquaman. For as much as it leaned on the comedic aspect, Shazam wasn't really that funny. It was a more coherent trailer than Aquaman's, which was kind of all over the place, but Aquaman's had the underwater action going for it, and man does Amber Heard look good.

Neither of them exactly blew me away, but they left me thinking they could be fun movies.

Dunno, fellas. None of that blew my mind. I saw it all in MCU, feels like a dozen times (maybe except for colors). So I'll be waiting for Batman.

Yeah, that Phase I Sub Mariner movie with all the undersea life/battle is going to be hard to top.

So...is that it for DC and Comic Con this year? Because if so, I feel incredibly underwhelmed.

Same. Couple of cool trailers, but nothing exciting in terms of announcements for the future.

And then everyone would go "Movies that will never be made! LOLOLOL" so it's better to just show what they have. :shrug:

Shazam is the only one that is keeping me interested in the DCEU.

And then everyone would go "Movies that will never be made! LOLOLOL" so it's better to just show what they have. :shrug:
True, but I wasn’t thinking about announcing movies 4 years from now. Was thinking there’d be at least some news or talking about the projects they already have lined up like the Joker film, The Flash, and Birds of Prey.

Uhh....it's the Worlds of DC now.

Is that really what they’re calling it now? Not that it really matters, but DCEU sounds better than WODC.

Since (I assume) Worlds of DC is meant to cover all of it, including standalone stuff like the Joker movie, people aren't going to stop saying DCEU when they want to reference movies in that continuity. If any other continuities happen, those would end up with unofficial fan-branded names, too (e.g. Jokerverse).

So much comic accuracy! I absolutely loved both trailers and can't wait to be there opening weekend. Between Aquaman, Shazam and WW84, is DC back on track? I sure hope so! Feels so awesome that WB has 3 upcoming DC films, and none of them are Batman or Superman! Finally!!

Edit: Black Manta stole the Aquaman trailer for me! And Atlantis looks beautiful!

I'm interested. I agree with a couple of you here saying, I wasn't wow'd but again they are just teasers or even 1st trailers.

I'm interested. I agree with a couple of you here saying, I wasn't wow'd but again they are just teasers or even 1st trailers.

I mean yeah, that’s fair, but this is Comic Con. If there’s any time of year where you kinda NEED to make a splash, it’s now. And so far, DC hasn’t done much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"