Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon just turned into a shouting mess, who is as dumb as they come. That is one of the bigger issues with the show. Everyone is a proper idiot, but the show seems to think it is super clever and deep.
I don’t think many are watching the show for Gordon.

Riverdale is a much better Gotham, that seems to get the joke 90% of the time.
I’ve only watched a few episodes of that but will have to get back to it. Stuff like DDS3 keeps getting in the way!

I’ve only watched a few episodes of that but will have to get back to it. Stuff like DDS3 keeps getting in the way!
Daredevil season 3 is so goooooood.

But yeah, Riverdale is awful. But after a about a season of trying to be "serious" and "good", it takes this turn into the weird, bordering on insane at times and has ended up one of my favorite bad watches. They have their own Legion of Doom. The show is caught in a time warp. Everyone but Luke Perry is a self absorbed teen (including the adults), who doesn't realize what they are doing is not only illegal, but downright awful most of the time. They tried to make a David Lynch episode. Almost every episode has a scene where they just go random beefcake. It's so bad, it's so good. :funny:

But yeah, Riverdale is awful. But after a about a season of trying to be "serious" and "good", it takes this turn into the weird, bordering on insane at times and has ended up one of my favorite bad watches. They have their own Legion of Doom. The show is caught in a time warp. Everyone but Luke Perry is a self absorbed teen (including the adults), who doesn't realize what they are doing is not only illegal, but downright awful most of the time. They tried to make a David Lynch episode. Almost every episode has a scene where they just go random beefcake. It's so bad, it's so good. :funny:
You're making this sound like a must-watch. :up:

Holy ****. :funny:

I can't imagine working on set on that show, seeing crazy fangirls (and I guess boys) everywhere you go. I hear it's a nightmare for the crew.

You're making this sound like a must-watch. :up:

Holy ****. :funny:
To be clear, the show is set "now". But the thing is, the show just feels like it randomly switches from being set in modern day, to being set in the 50s. Like they will all dress like it is the 50s, so they can have a Grease style drag race. When the kids go "bad" they basically become darker versions of themselves, emphasizing it with their looks. Betty has a wig. Archie gets more pale. Veronica just wears hotter clothing and Jughead gets more leather and exposes his tiny arms. They have already had a musical episode. Veronica's father is the smallest mob boss this side of James Cagney. Highschooler Archie Andrews was recruited by the FBI to be a mob informant. And then Archie snitched on the FBI agent who disappeared. Cheryl has become the Ginger Arrow. Betty saw people trying to sacrifice a baby to demons, Sabrina style. Archie is in juvie right now, and it looks like they just put an adult prison yard from what looks like the pre-World War 2 era, in the middle of the school football field.

If only the awful actor playing Jughead wasn't there, it would be perfect.

Darth youre making me want to go back to the show a little bit. I had to stop watching once the FBI plot was introduced :funny:

I wish there were going to be more seasons. Will really miss it when it's gone. There's nothing like it. :D

The closest is probably Legends of Tomorrow, which is the same type of goofy, throw stuff at the wall and see if it sticks, type of show. Legends is easily my favorite of the DC CW shows.

The closest is probably Legends of Tomorrow, which is the same type of goofy, throw stuff at the wall and see if it sticks, type of show. Legends is easily my favorite of the DC CW shows.
Oh that's the one DC show I've not watched at all. Will see if my cable provider has it, thanks.

Oh that's the one DC show I've not watched at all. Will see if my cable provider has it, thanks.

Like Gotham, the first season is a little different. It becomes a lot goofier and comedic starting in Season 2. The last episode involved them fighting a magical unicorn at Woodstock that eats human hearts.

Like Gotham, the first season is a little different. It becomes a lot goofier and comedic starting in Season 2. The last episode involved them fighting a magical unicorn at Woodstock that eats human hearts.
Haha, that is a one line winner right there. Sold.

I need to get caught up so I can watch my boy Constantine.

To be clear, the show is set "now". But the thing is, the show just feels like it randomly switches from being set in modern day, to being set in the 50s. Like they will all dress like it is the 50s, so they can have a Grease style drag race. When the kids go "bad" they basically become darker versions of themselves, emphasizing it with their looks. Betty has a wig. Archie gets more pale. Veronica just wears hotter clothing and Jughead gets more leather and exposes his tiny arms. They have already had a musical episode. Veronica's father is the smallest mob boss this side of James Cagney. Highschooler Archie Andrews was recruited by the FBI to be a mob informant. And then Archie snitched on the FBI agent who disappeared. Cheryl has become the Ginger Arrow. Betty saw people trying to sacrifice a baby to demons, Sabrina style. Archie is in juvie right now, and it looks like they just put an adult prison yard from what looks like the pre-World War 2 era, in the middle of the school football field.

If only the awful actor playing Jughead wasn't there, it would be perfect.
its-true-all-of-it-gif-7.gif

LoT is my least favorite of the CW/DC shows because they try so hard for the Firefly-esque family of misfits vibe, yet none of the characters gel, imo, and most of them feel disposable. There's zero chemistry there, which I think is partially why their roster is ever-rotating. And there's no compelling plot to make up for it. Just some off-the-wall goofiness that's sometimes charming, often too try-hard-y for my tastes.

LoT is my least favorite of the CW/DC shows because they try so hard for the Firefly-esque family of misfits vibe, yet none of the characters gel, imo, and most of them feel disposable. There's zero chemistry there, which I think is partially why their roster is ever-rotating. And there's no compelling plot to make up for it. Just some off-the-wall goofiness that's sometimes charming, often too try-hard-y for my tastes.
This is why I need to get caught up. Season 2 started with Not Captain America, and there was no chemistry left. Snart took it with him when he left. His relationship with Sara and Rory were working pretty well imo. Then that was gone.

This is why I need to get caught up. Season 2 started with Not Captain America, and there was no chemistry left. Snart took it with him when he left. His relationship with Sara and Rory were working pretty well imo. Then that was gone.

The show was played far more seriously at first. It took awhile to find its identity. Second half of season two roughly. Snart leaving really was a bad hit for awhile. He was easily the best thing in Season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"