Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kitty Pryde is the best female character in the Marvel Fox films.

I liked Ellen Page's take on Kitty, but I don't think she was given much to do in either of the films she was featured in. The Last Stand mostly used her as a romantic rival for Rogue and she was basically just used as a plot device in DOFP as a means of getting Logan's consciousness back to the past. She was mainly kept in the background of that movie like most of the original trilogy cast save for Jackman and Stewart.

I'd rank Laura, Mystique (Lawrence, First Class and DOFP), Jean (Janssen), Domino, Vanessa, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Yukio (The Wolverine), and maybe Storm (Berry, X2 and The Last Stand in particular) above Kitty, with Blind Al right behind her rounding out my "Top 10 Female Characters in the Marvel Fox Films".

I liked Ellen Page's take on Kitty, but I don't think she was given much to do in either of the films she was featured in. The Last Stand mostly used her as a romantic rival for Rogue and she was basically just used as a plot device in DOFP as a means of getting Logan's consciousness back to the past. She was mainly kept in the background of that movie like most of the original trilogy cast save for Jackman and Stewart.

I'd rank Laura, Mystique (Lawrence, First Class and DOFP), Jean (Janssen), Domino, Vanessa, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Yukio (The Wolverine), and maybe Storm (Berry, X2 and The Last Stand in particular) above Kitty, with Blind Al right behind her rounding out my "Top 10 Female Characters in the Marvel Fox Films".
The way she handled the Juggernaut helps defining some important traits in her character, and I really liked what I saw.

Cease your debate to answer my question that may start a different debate.
Is this stuff real, or just some trolling involving manips?
I kinda like those suits as a basis for a better design.

Okay but when will they start using them in the movies? :o

Just kidding, just kidding. Or am I

That's a great point.

In case anyone's wondering, it's been what, 3? 4 days?, and Snyder's fans are still mad at Simone. Now they're trying to force her to admit that Sucker Punch was a feminist movie, or something like that. I've even seen a few of them imply that she prefers Marvel to DC. :funny:

Snyder fans are now fighting with Jamal Igle on twitter.

They kinda look like racer outfits with military padding, and I like that about them.

For the publicly famous aspect?

Captain-Amazing-Mystery-Men-Greg-Kinnear-a.jpg

Laura. The Wolverine flicks have surprisingly quite a few good female characters.
Noisy screams and readiness to stab a store clerk for telling her what she eats is not free sure describes great character.

She hasn't been in these movies in a LONG time. She was for like 10 seconds in IW and she was still unbearable.

I quite liked her in the Iron Man films. But yes, she was sidelined ever since Iron Man 3. Marvel's "it's all connected design" has kind of foregone supporting casts, which I think has some pluses and negatives.

Noisy screams and readiness to stab a store clerk for telling her what she eats is not free sure describes great character.

You know that is an unfair description of her character. She is a girl without a childhood, a daughter without a father, and yet she dreams of having a child and clings to childish things, like comic books or the myths told by superheroes and Westerns, such as Shane. She wants to be innocent, and her father to be Shane (even though Shane dies at the end), and only gets that when her father dies.

Plus the meta-commentary on her being a Mexican child desperate to cross two borders into Canada while being pursued by white men with guns instantly makes her more compelling than many heroes, men and women, in this genre.

Snyder fans are now fighting with Jamal Igle on twitter.

They'll lose.....that guy knows his facts.

Years ago Jamal was a poster on here......I had to ban several people being racist towards him....he eventually decided to leave here though. It's a shame, he was a good guy....and a fantastic artist. Got to meet him at a con and he drew one of the best pics of Doc Savage for me I've ever seen.

You guys are tripping. Sansa Stark is the best heroine in the Fox-Men.

phoenix.gif

She killed Apocalypse singlehandedly. Even though the man did look like Goldust from WWF, it’s still a feat.

You know that is an unfair description of her character. She is a girl without a childhood, a daughter without a father, and yet she dreams of having a child and clings to childish things, like comic books or the myths told by superheroes and Westerns, such as Shane. She wants to be innocent, and her father to be Shane (even though Shane dies at the end), and only gets that when her father dies.

Plus the meta-commentary on her being a Mexican child desperate to cross two borders into Canada while being pursued by white men with guns instantly makes her more compelling than many heroes, men and women, in this genre.

Well said. If all you got out of the character was just her screaming then you missed the point entirely.

Marvel's "it's all connected design" has kind of foregone supporting casts, which I think has some pluses and negatives.

They've been pretty good about reincorporating Tony's supporting cast (Rhodey, Pepper, and Happy) throughout the MCU, even if they are just cameos. Pepper shouldn't play a huge part in a movie that isn't an Iron Man movie, so I see why her appearances have been relegated to cameos in recent years. Cap's supporting cast (Sam, Bucky) sees a lot of screentime considering his original supporting cast from the first movie are all dead save for Bucky. But wherever he goes, Sam and Bucky are right there too. It would be nice if they had utilized Sharon Carter better but there was only so much they could have done once they decided to go with Natasha over her in TWS. Thor is a different story since most of his supporting cast are dead. I hope we see more of Valkyrie and Korg (and Miek) in the future, but I have no desire to see Jane Foster or Darcy again. I seriously doubt we'd see the latter in these movies again anyway. Selvig's been basically forgotten about since Age of Ultron but he doesn't really add much to the overall narrative anyway. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Betty Ross again, whether she's played by Liv Tyler or not, just to give closure to that character. Especially since General Ross has been back in two recent films.

I also think they've been good about including the more recent supporting cast members, at least in Infinity War (Wong, Shuri, Okoye, M'Baku, Ned). I think we'll also be seeing a lot more included in Avengers 4.

You guys are tripping. Sansa Stark is the best heroine in the Fox-Men.

5 female-led cbm's next year:

Dark Phoenix in February
Captain Marvel in March
New Mutants in August
The Kitchen in September
Wonder Woman '84 in November

Dark Phoenix in February
Captain Marvel in March
New Mutants in August
The Kitchen in September

I have my doubts about that first one. I might be wrong, but I'll be surprised if McAvoy isn't the lead again.

Dark Phoenix in February
Captain Marvel in March
New Mutants in August
The Kitchen in September

We sure about DP and The New Mutants?

I really wish they’d just put the latter on Netflix already.

Dark Phoenix in February
Captain Marvel in March
New Mutants in August
The Kitchen in September

Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman are the only ones to put any faith in. Dark Phoenix and New Mutants are more ensemble films that don't just have one lead. I had to google what The Kitchen was, but since Melissa McCarthy is starring in it I'll be staying away. :o

We sure about DP and The New Mutants?

I really wish they’d just put the latter on Netflix already.

Disney pretty much stated that any Fox movies currently filming or in post would still be released.

New Mutants already got yanked once just a month before release.

Delayed isn't the same as cancelled.

I’m just hoping Disney has a change of heart about that.

The last thing the world needs is yet another Kinberg produced FOX-men abomination.

Personally, I think they should have just released both New Mutants and Dark Phoenix this year as originally planned, warts and all, especially since those will likely be the last X-Men Universe films to be produced by Fox before they're incorporated into the MCU. The only thing I think Marvel will retain from any of the Fox Marvel films will be Reynolds's Deadpool (same actor, new MCU continuity...but let's face it, DP is pretty much the only character that could work with).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"