Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey if it's based on Fraction's run, they'd have my money. That's my favorite Marvel comic of recent years.

Please, people were saying the same about Gal in the Wonder Woman trailers (AND BvS, for that matter). The difference here being, I have faith in Brie because I know she's a great actress, whereas Gal is not, and I did not have that faith. It wasn't 'til the actual movie hit that we actually got any sense of personality from her, and she surprised a lot of people, myself included. But yes, I'm happy to agree to disagree. :)

People forget that there was a lot of pessimism regarding Wonder Woman until at least the reviews hit and people started seeing the final movie. The trailers didn't do a good job of selling either the film or Gadot's performance at all.

The lesson here is not to put too much stock into trailers.

I'd take a Hawkeye show over a Loki one any day, so if the latter gets one and not the former that'll be a shame.

Very interested in how these tv shows are going to work out if they come into fruition.

Hey if it's based on Fraction's run, they'd have my money. That's my favorite Marvel comic of recent years.
Mine as well. :highfive:

Tragically cut short, but still fantastic. I would love to see Kate Bishop, done right, in this universe. Hawkeye and Hawkeye.

People forget that there was a lot of pessimism regarding Wonder Woman until at least the reviews hit and people started seeing the final movie. The trailers didn't do a good job of selling either the film or Gadot's performance at all.
Standard CGI aside, those were not underwhelming from an editing / showcase of the final product standpoint even in this - all trailers are the same - climate.
I thought the movie was less epic and sprawling than the trailers led on, but there was still more than enough to suggest all 5 or so of those trailers adequately sold the movie.

The WW trailers were interesting, as I remember liking the content, but not thinking Gal sounded great. And honestly, Gal doesn't work in a voice over capacity. Even in the movie it sounded bad.

The WW trailers were interesting, as I remember liking the content, but not thinking Gal sounded great. And honestly, Gal doesn't work in a voice over capacity. Even in the movie it sounded bad.
I remember thinking it was the least interesting trailer of the DC movies to me. Funny, considering I think it's the better made movie of them.

The DC Streaming Service can't compare to what Disney is doing. It is going to get crushed. They are going to have legit, expensive, canon Star Wars and Marvel live action series. I feel like this war is already over.

The DC Streaming Service can't compare to what Disney is doing. It is going to get crushed. They are going to have legit, expensive, canon Star Wars and Marvel live action series. I feel like this war is already over.
Agreed. The DC Streaming Service is decidedly one note while Disney will have multiple different IPs in which to set series/films.

I've been interested in Kate Bishop in movies/TV for some time. Without her, I wouldn't rule out watching Hawkeye, but I'm more neutral on the idea.

WB is trying to do HBO on a CW budget. I am concerned about Swamp Thing due to Titan's budget. Or lack of. And the mere fact that the Disney streaming service will undercut the DC service is pretty much the death knell. While the concept of a service that combines standard streaming service and Marvel Unlimited is interesting, they have failed, rather hard.

Plus side, I don't have to worry about the CW shows leaving Netflix.

There's that too. Not saying Brie is unattractive but she doesn't have the same level of comic book beauty as either Winnick or Gadot, or even fellow MCU ladies ScarJo and Olsen.
I don't know who Winnick is, but Brie is more beautiful than the other three.

She's in Vikings. Pretty good series, she's like a mother bear in that show.

Each to their own.
I do find it interesting that you seem so caught up in how attractive you finds female leads in these films. Like Pratt isn't exactly Evans, Boseman or Hemsworth, but has that ever been a sticking point for you?

This reminds me of the idea that Emma Watson and Lily James were not attractive enough to be Disney Princesses. Whether one finds Brie Larson as or more attractive then Gal Gadot, Scarlett Johansson, or Elizabeth Olsen, the idea that she isn't leading lady beautiful is really funny imo. That is before we get into her qualities as an actress. Of which I think it is clear. Larson is the best actress of the bunch, though Olsen is not that far behind.

I do find it interesting that you seem so caught up in how attractive you finds female leads in these films. Like Pratt isn't exactly Evans, Boseman, or Hemsworth, but has that ever been a sticking point for you?

This reminds me of the idea that Emma Watson and Lily James were not attractive enough to be Disney Princesses. Whether one finds Brie Larson as or more attractive then Gal Gadot, Scarlett Johansson, or Elizabeth Olsen, the idea that she isn't leading lady beautiful is really funny imo. That is before we get into her qualities as an actress. Of which I think it is clear. Larson is the best actress of the bunch, though Olsen is not that far behind.

I brought it up a grand total of once in response to someone else, so I have no idea where you're getting that I'm 'caught up' in it. And even if I was what difference would it make to you? If you think's she's as attractive as the others then more power to you.

I brought it up a grand total of once in response to someone else, so I have no idea where you're getting that I'm 'caught up' in it. And even if I was what difference would it make to you? If you think's she's as attractive as the others then more power to you.
This is the first time you ever brought up the attractiveness of an actress for a role? And you are dismissing an Oscar winning actress's potential to play a superhero character because maybe she's isn't pretty enough to you. I mean come on. :funny:

Also I am not sure many people in Hollywood have more charm then Brie Larson.

This is the first time you ever brought up the attractiveness of an actress for a role? And you are dismissing an Oscar winning actress's potential to play a superhero character because maybe she's isn't pretty enough to you. I mean come on. :funny:

Also I am not sure many people in Hollywood have more charm then Brie Larson.

Oh, how cute, Darth is once again making exaggerations.

Oh, how cute, Darth is once again making exaggerations.
As you avoid answering the question knowing you have done it before. :lmao:

Who exactly forced you to write this?

There's that too. Not saying Brie is unattractive but she doesn't have the same level of comic book beauty as either Winnick or Gadot, or even fellow MCU ladies ScarJo and Olsen.

As you avoid answering the question knowing you have done it before. :lmao:

Who exactly forced you to write this?

Of course I've done it before, but honestly, who cares? My opinions are my own. You're a member of a forum that spent the best part of a year arguing that Heath Ledger didn't have the right aesthetics for The Joker. Getting a little too precious there mate.

So is a Hawkeye tv series all but confirmed?
If they’re focusing on 2nd tier characters this is the time to do it, assuming Jeremy Renner is up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"