Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see a new season of Daredevil again. Especially since Fisk is set to be a big part.

I haven’t bothered with Luke Cage or Iron Fist this year, because mediocre. But I can’t wait for a new Daredevil season. Is shaping up to be great.

Feige must love the irony of now basically owning the X-Men and finally being able to do what he wants with them. :funny:

I haven’t bothered with Luke Cage or Iron Fist this year, because mediocre. But I can’t wait for a new Daredevil season. Is shaping up to be great.
Daredevil is definitely the crown jewel of the Netflix shows. Outside of that consistency seems to be a problem....as does Iron Fist.

The Superman cereal wasn't bad... but I'm pretty sure I wont feel the effects until i'm almost dead. :o

I used to think they were heading for a $500 million, but recently I've reached this expectation.

Half a billion would be a god-send at this point for it, it just ain't gonna hit those heights. The only way it makes money is that people's expectations are SO low that it catches them out and is better than that, because right now, that 'turd in the wind' line is becoming very symbolic of the actual outcome for this film.

because right now, that 'turd in the wind' line is becoming very symbolic of the actual outcome for this film.
It's the line that makes me want to watch this flick in hopes that it's entertaining kind of bad.

I ain't got time to watch films I know are going to be bad. Also, I don't think my lack of love of Venom kinda means I'll be missing too much TBH, his appeal to me isn't very much.

I love the irony of what has happened to 20th Century Fox because of all their dumb decision making.

The Fox sale had nothing to do with Fox's actual performance. The Fox sale was because Murdoch couldn't get ALL the profit. So now, he is going to invest all that money he just got into Fox News. This isn't a situation were Fox was in dire financial straights. This was a move made out of greed, by one of the worst influences of our time.

The Fox sale had nothing to do with Fox's actual performance. The Fox sale was because Murdoch couldn't get ALL the profit. So now, he is going to invest all that money he just got into Fox News. This isn't a situation were Fox was in dire financial straights. This was a move made out of greed, by one of the worst influences of our time.
The state of the X-Men franchise is down to performance,

I don't see Venom doing more than $500 mil at most, but that's only if the movie doesn't suck.

Best comparison would be Ghost Rider, which only made $228.7 mil on a $120 mil budget. Venom might be able to make more simply because the character has more popularity, so my guess is around $300 mil.

Venom has a much higher ceiling do to the popularity of the character.

I don't see Venom doing more than $500 mil at most, but that's only if the movie doesn't suck.

Best comparison would be Ghost Rider, which only made $228.7 mil on a $120 mil budget. Venom might be able to make more simply because the character has more popularity, so my guess is around $300 mil.

Yep. Good comparison. I don't think it clears 300 million. I'd be quite surprised if it cleared 250, to be honest.

It's pretty fitting that Fox had access to literally thousands of Marvel characters, and the only salvageable property they have some 20 odd years later is one they didn't want to make whose existence relies solely on giving a middle finger to the genre.

I'm preparing myself for Venom to make enough money to warrant Sony kicking a sequel into development, alongside a slew of other nonsense spin-offs no one wants. The Sony spin-off train is destined to end poorly, but I'm hoping it doesn't cause too much long-term damage to the IP. ASM 2 really made me feel like audiences had enough Spider-man and I never want to feel that again.

That said, it is amusing how many fans hated Homecoming because of all the supposed "huge deviations from the source material" and are now cheering on a Venom movie without Spider-man as if that's not the a way more egregious deviation.

Last edited:
That said, it is amusing how many fans hated Homecoming because of all the supposed "huge deviations from the source material" and are now cheering on a Venom movie without Spider-man as if that's not the a way more egregious deviation.

WTF? It’s a Spider-man film that features a fifteen year old Peter Parker, who’s deeply unsure of his own power, and place in the world, but constantly tries to do the right thing. He’s unpopular at school, feels looked down on by other superheroes, suffers from a lack of self confidence, but wins through in the end because he never stops trying.

It’s the most accurate Spider-man film ever made.

Homecoming did change a lot about his supporting cast and such, though. So it did have some serious deviations. But I agree, mostly cosmetic.

Anything that moves us away from those crappy TASM movies. Homecoming did a great job on that.

It's pretty fitting that Fox had access to literally thousands of Marvel characters, and the only salvageable property they have some 20 odd years later is one they didn't want to make whose existence relies solely on giving a middle finger to the genre.

I'm preparing myself for Venom to make enough money to warrant Sony kicking a sequel into development, alongside a slew of other nonsense spin-offs no one wants. The Sony spin-off train is destined to end poorly, but I'm hoping it doesn't cause too much long-term damage to the IP. ASM 2 really made me feel like audiences had enough Spider-man and I never want to feel that again.

There are people cheering for this Venom movie? Where are these people? I haven’t seen anybody particularly excited for this film.

Homecoming did change a lot about his supporting cast and such, though. So it did have some serious deviations. But I agree, mostly cosmetic.

I’ll take as many aesthetic changes to supporting characters they want to make, if the characterisations are accurate to the spirit of the comic book counterpart. This is where Marvel keep getting it right, and DC et al. keep getting it wrong.

WTF? It’s a Spider-man film that features a fifteen year old Peter Parker, who’s deeply unsure of his own power, and place in the world, but constantly tries to do the right thing. He’s unpopular at school, feels looked down on by other superheroes, suffers from a lack of self confidence, but wins through in the end because he never stops trying.

It’s the most accurate Spider-man film ever made.

"Most accurate" might be a stretch given his supporting cast and the Stark influence, but you're exactly right. It's a pretty darn faithful Spider-man movie and every argument to the contrary doesn't quite add up, particularly in the wake of Twilight Spider-man who got his web-shooters from Oscorp and breaks promises to dead fathers to play heart breaker.

There are people cheering for this Venom movie? Where are these people? I haven’t seen anybody particularly excited for this film.

Twitter mostly, not here thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"