Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geoff Johns failed, and I was hoping to see him succeed as the KeFei equivalent for the DCEU.
I don't think the property moving to new hands would be the proper change necessary, but I do think they need to dig up someone of hidden knowledge of both film crafting and DC comic books lore.

Johns’ role was more or less symbolic. He never had anywhere near the power like Fiege had.

Luke Cage is now cancelled at Netflix. Something is fishy. I smell a Heroes for Hire show coming. Unless they are unloading which is also possible

Really too bad about the Netflix shows being cancelled.

So, do we think Luke Cage was cancelled just because it wasn’t all that great? Or is this something to do with Netflix and Disney not getting along, now the mouse is creating its own streaming platform? If so, how long until Jessica Jones is cancelled? And then Darevil and Punisher?

Daredevil is the one that needs to stay alive no matter what.

Daredevil is the one that needs to stay alive no matter what.

It'll all come down to the relationship between Disney and Netflix. If it continues to sour, I can see Netflix pulling the plug on all of their Marvel series. It's not like they particularly need them. This kind of thing was always bound to happen once it became clear that Disney were launching a directly competing streaming service.

So, do we think Luke Cage was cancelled just because it wasn’t all that great? Or is this something to do with Netflix and Disney not getting along, now the mouse is creating its own streaming platform? If so, how long until Jessica Jones is cancelled? And then Darevil and Punisher?

I think Luke Cage got more views than Iron Fist but obviously wasn't one of Netflix top shows. The show was cancelled due to creative differences. The showrunners/writers and Netflix were not seeing ye to eye on the shows direction so Netflix either had fire all of them and find replacements or cancel the show.

I doubt Disney had anything to do with the decision.

If Jessica Jones season 3 isn't well received and doesn't get as much views then it will be cancelled. Season 2 seemed to be very hit and miss with people.

Surprised at the Luke Cage cancellation but according to the article all is not well behind the scenes.

It'll all come down to the relationship between Disney and Netflix. If it continues to sour, I can see Netflix pulling the plug on all of their Marvel series. It's not like they particularly need them. This kind of thing was always bound to happen once it became clear that Disney were launching a directly competing streaming service.
If that happens are Disney allowed to carry on with the same series or are there rules meaning they would have to reboot with their own version? (if you know)

Apparently Luke Cage got cancelled because of "creative differences". I would be very surprised if Jessica Jones got a season 4 as the showrunner (Melissa Rosenberg) will be leaving the show after season 3 and that season 2 got a mixed reaction from what I can tell. I hope Daredevil doesn't get cancelled as it's the best out of the Marvel Netflix shows.

If that happens are Disney allowed to carry on with the same series or are there rules meaning they would have to reboot with their own version? (if you know)

Not sure. I don’t think there’s anything legally that would be a problem, provided that Disney worked out a payment to Netflix for the actual narratives established in the shows. There might also be money to be paid to Netflix for ongoing contractual obligations to cast and crew.

I guess it would certainly be possible for Disney to continue with the same setup (Supergirl did it - although there are differences). The real question is would the want to?

Apparently Luke Cage got cancelled because of "creative differences". I would be very surprised if Jessica Jones got a season 4 as the showrunner (Melissa Rosenberg) will be leaving the show after season 3 and that season 2 got a mixed reaction from what I can tell. I hope Daredevil doesn't get cancelled as it's the best out of the Marvel Netflix shows.

Right now it’s an either or thing. Either IF and LC were both genuinely cancelled due to poor ratings and creative differences... or something more widespread is afoot. I don’t think we’ll be able to tell one way or another, unless they start cancelling the Netflix Marvel shows that are popular.

Is JJ S3 confirmed to happen?

It's filming right now, I believe. JJ Season 3 needs to be better than Season 2 in order to survive what seems to be a souring relationship between the powers at be. At the end of the day, Disney and Netflix like money and if they think JJ is good enough to keep gaining subscriptions and scratching that niche, they'll keep it. The problem is Season 2 kind of sucked.

I didn't watch Luke Cage Season 2, which I hear is better than the first, but I'm one of those people who thought the show spiraled all of its potential in the first 6-7 episodes down the drain midseason, so I didn't come back for Season 2. Defenders also wasn't great. Daredevil is good and I hear Season 3 is a return to form to Season 1, so I think as long as Netflix sees the value in that, the show is clearly the most safe.

Ezra failed me. If this film never happens - it's for the better.

If they want to get anywhere with him, they need to completely revamp the adaptation. Maybe get back to the way he was in the very first JL teaser.

As long as Ezra is playing the role, I'm out. He was terrible. Which sucks because Flash is one of my favorite characters.

This DCEU is/was such a s***-show, it's sad really. I wish they could just keep a couple characters actors (Cavill, Robbie, Gadot, V. Davis) and trash the rest in a full scale reboot.

I’m really hoping Marvel can revive both Cage and Iron fist on their streaming service as a Heroes for Hire series. That’d actually be a better outcome than either series getting a third season, IMO. They were both the weakest of the Netflix bunch but under new creative leadership with a new network I could really see some potential there. Oh, and maybe even a costume for Iron Fist since that’s just too much to ask for Netflix.

All that to say - Daredevil season 3 is probably their best thus far. Only 5 episodes in but I’m truly impressed.

I’m really hoping Marvel can revive both Cage and Iron fist on their streaming service as a Heroes for Hire series. That’d actually be a better outcome than either series getting a third season, IMO. They were both the weakest of the Netflix bunch but under new creative leadership with a new network I could really see some potential there. Oh, and maybe even a costume for Iron Fist since that’s just too much to ask for Netflix.

All that to say - Daredevil season 3 is probably their best thus far. Only 5 episodes in but I’m truly impressed.

That would be cool, but if that happens I think it's quite a bit in the future. Both because I don't think the characters are deemed important enough to try to reboot so shortly after they've already established themselves in less successful shows, and because it seems like Disney is going big and focusing on movie characters. I do agree with you on the potential though.

I agree on Daredevil season 3 as well. I'm only 4 episodes in yet but it's been fantastic this far and has really left me eager to see where things are going. The only thing I have to doubt is whether they can top that scene (those who have seen it know what I mean).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"