Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the term "redpilling" had more to do with the whole misogynistic men and their outlook on women, relationships etc.?

In the matrix redpilling is a metaphor for crossing the gender barrier. Long speculated but recently verified by Lana Wachowski herself.

which is funny AF that incels use it as a term to cross the decency barrier.

Once again, I am glad I stepped back from the alt-right ledge before I took these absurd phrases seriously...

There isn't that much fun DCEU vs MCU discussion in this thread because IMO, right now they're not on an even playing field.

It's WW, Aquaman, Shazam, and BoP against a franchise that includes Iron Man 1, Avengers, Winter Solider, GOTG1, CW, Homecoming, Ragnarok, BP, IW, and Endgame.

I think this thread should be renamed and turned into a general discussion for CBMs and the Streaming shows.

Yeah I've always viewed this thread as more of a lounge than anything else. You could pretty much post about whatever superhero material you want here and it's fair game and usually sparks a discussion.

In terms of the actual discussions at the moment, I think a lot of my disinterest not just in this thread but the Hype, in general, boils down to the drought of relevant news we're getting :funny: It goes without saying but I'm gonna need more than Helstrom to keep me engaged.

I'm begging the universe to give us Black Widow and WW84 soon as humanly possible.

It's bit like how a lot of right-wingers love the Matrix and use the term "redpilling" to describe when a person is converted to their cause.

There have even been far-right protestors in the US recently seen wearing the Guy Fawkes mask from V for Vendetta, even though both the graphic novel and movie (sorry, Alan Moore) are a throughgoing condemndation of right-wing politics and where they can lead.

Hugo Weaving actually recently discussed this very issue: Hugo Weaving Blasts Right-Wing Groups’ ‘Shallow Reading’ of The Matrix, V for Vendetta

Reminds me of people getting mad at Tom Morello and Zach De La Rocha for "getting political" when 100% of their music for decades has been politically charged. It's like some people think they were named "Rage FOR the machine"

Does anyone have any top choices for who could play Static?

Other than the son on Blackish or Caleb McLaughlin from Stranger Things, I can't think of many young black actors (16-25 maybe) for the role. I mean they might just cast older, but yeah.

MBJ liked this on IG...

Very unlikely, but the “Some mother****ers are always trying to ice skate uphill” line would make me happy.

ElBpSEOXEAQ5HZ1

ElBsDCMX0AMSDag

Back to Falcon and Winter Soldier, which I am really looking forward to, I can’t help but think Wyatt Russell is being wasted in the role of US Agent.

imagine being afraid of incels and twitter mobs? Those people on twitter are nothing. They have no purpose, and shouldn't be allowed to dictate a role a person takes.
Well, unless that role is taking from an already marginalized person in the industry, I'd be inclined to agree.

Social media gives a voice to those who have historically had their voices silenced. Just look at all of the rot that has been weeded these last few years... Months even. Marvel's own Jeph Loeb was exposed as a deeply disturbed individual through this power.

When everyone has a voice, the studio can no longer pretend that they do not hear them.

Still no guarantee we get 1 at this point

There is literally no way Marvel hold back and hopes for better times with 7 movies already finished, waiting for publishing. If 2021 is the same D+ will get it.

Well, unless that role is taking from an already marginalized person in the industry, I'd be inclined to agree.

Social media gives a voice to those who have historically had their voices silenced. Just look at all of the rot that has been weeded these last few years... Months even. Marvel's own Jeph Loeb was exposed as a deeply disturbed individual through this power.

When everyone has a voice, the studio can no longer pretend that they do not hear them.
I actually agree. I think I misread that tweet looking back on it, so I'll edit my tweet. This is what happens when I read too fast haha.

Back to Falcon and Winter Soldier, which I am really looking forward to, I can’t help but think Wyatt Russell is being wasted in the role of US Agent.

If we see an angry, right wing fellow mentally unequipped to follow in the footsteps of a living legend, Mr. Russell will get the opportunity to exercise his acting chops.

There is literally no way Marvel hold back and hopes for better times with 7 movies already finished, waiting for publishing. If 2021 is the same D+ will get it.

Agreed, I don't see the Mouse filling up the Vault with inventory in the hope that "Back to Normal" is just around the corner. The main focus right now is to add subscribers and keep existing ones ponying up cash monthly for Disney Plus, even after the price increase that's sure to come.

Last edited:

No, but that doesn't mean all these movies will get released by 2022 either.

If we see an angry, right wing fellow mentally unequipped to follow in the footsteps of a living legend, Mr. Russell will get the opportunity to exercise his acting chops.

Yeah I can’t help but feel his acting chops would be put to better use on a bigger character. The guy has so much potential acting wise.

Last edited:
Yeah I can’t help but feel this emotional acting chops would be put to better use on a bigger character. The guy has so much potential acting wise.

Feige and company have some superhero slots to fill, so hopefully he won't be a one and done. I could see Mr. Walker being a member of the long rumored Thunderbolts team.

Last edited:
Feige and company have some superhero slots to fill, so hopefully he won't be a one and done. I could see Mr. Walker being a member of the long rumored Thunderbolts team.

Hopefully he does appear a few times, but he would have been great for a bigger character IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"