Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by flickchick85, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Misha Green (Showrunner of Lovecraft Country) would give us a good story.

Lencho01 likes this.
  2. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

MBJ liked this on IG...

Very unlikely, but the “Some mother****ers are always trying to ice skate uphill” line would make me happy.

Shinobi Shaw likes this.
  3. MbJ Registered

4. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Still no guarantee we get 1 at this point

Zarex likes this.
  5. Marvel united Omega level Mutant

The power of social media :eek:

6. Gothamsknight Registered

edit - misunderstood the tweet

#10931 Gothamsknight, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  7. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Back to Falcon and Winter Soldier, which I am really looking forward to, I can’t help but think Wyatt Russell is being wasted in the role of US Agent.

8. Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Well, unless that role is taking from an already marginalized person in the industry, I'd be inclined to agree.

Social media gives a voice to those who have historically had their voices silenced. Just look at all of the rot that has been weeded these last few years... Months even. Marvel's own Jeph Loeb was exposed as a deeply disturbed individual through this power.

When everyone has a voice, the studio can no longer pretend that they do not hear them.

9. Kev4000 Registered

There is literally no way Marvel hold back and hopes for better times with 7 movies already finished, waiting for publishing. If 2021 is the same D+ will get it.

Zarex likes this.
  10. Gothamsknight Registered

I actually agree. I think I misread that tweet looking back on it, so I'll edit my tweet. This is what happens when I read too fast haha.

11. Detective Conan Registered

12. Fosterson Registered

Reminds me of this:

Lencho01 likes this.
  13. Zarex Registered

If we see an angry, right wing fellow mentally unequipped to follow in the footsteps of a living legend, Mr. Russell will get the opportunity to exercise his acting chops.

Agreed, I don't see the Mouse filling up the Vault with inventory in the hope that "Back to Normal" is just around the corner. The main focus right now is to add subscribers and keep existing ones ponying up cash monthly for Disney Plus, even after the price increase that's sure to come.

#10938 Zarex, Oct 23, 2020
  14. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

No, but that doesn't mean all these movies will get released by 2022 either.

Sithborg likes this.
  15. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Yeah I can’t help but feel his acting chops would be put to better use on a bigger character. The guy has so much potential acting wise.

#10940 AVEITWITHJAMON, Oct 23, 2020
  16. Zarex Registered

Feige and company have some superhero slots to fill, so hopefully he won't be a one and done. I could see Mr. Walker being a member of the long rumored Thunderbolts team.

#10941 Zarex, Oct 23, 2020
  17. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Hopefully he does appear a few times, but he would have been great for a bigger character IMO.

18. Detective Conan Registered

19. MbJ Registered

He really looks like JK Simmons there.

20. MbJ Registered

With Disney recently saying they plan to double down on direct-to-consumer content in the coming years, I do wonder if they'll just bite the bullet and drop Widow on streaming or VOD if things still aren't okay by next summer.

I see what you did there.:funny:

Kev4000 likes this.
  21. jmc away for a while

I am forever going to be dumbfounded as to how so many companies became this frightened over such a small group of hashtag searching, colourfully dyed hair weirdos who have no life outside of their phones.

Speed Force likes this.
  22. fan4stic Registered

I don't agree with that, in the way that I view politics. I think they have political things and talks in them.

I think that doesn't add to the character and serves to paint him as more in the wrong as a character.
    I don't see this as about the subject. I wasn't discuss right wing or left wing views.

Who says how many of those who are called right wingers sees all things the movies are presenting as wrong?
    I think politics is more about politicians and/or those in power using those moral and social issues to serve their own interests and/or ego. In a way that's how I see it being involved.

That doesn't reflect that character, to me.

Why is it not more than a step or 2? Those 2 things aren't the exact same.
    I would suggest that's a very moral issue, than a political one. The movie itself presents against the mass murder of people. Which may tie into political structures, but is playing on a very moral stance. Even the listening in on people here, is barely discussed as an issue, but more the killing of people for crimes they haven't committed yet.

Even The Dark Knight had Batman use the cell phone thing, presented it as something Fox disagreed with, but Batman used it anyway and using it helped keep people from getting killed, but the movie had it destroyed, and it still was more a part of the plot, than being what the plot was about.

Maybe the issue is in execution. To me, these movies present these situations in a moral structure and as a part of the plot, without turning that into the plot as being the politics in and of itself.

But I think the shifting of Jameson's story and character in that way doesn't serve that angle, to me. Or trying to parallel Trump specifically, when I think government, on it's own, isn't serving all moral interests, whether Trump is president or not.

23. Blade Hoarder Registered

politics is about people coming together to solve a common problem. Whether that involves voting for a representative or collective bargaining.
    people who complain about modern technology or culture have a rosy view of the general past. If they harbor those thoughts about music or tech it’s not hard to see them have reactionary views about other social issues.

24. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Yeah, morality is at play in those movies. But guess what: politics is often a morality issue. These movies clearly made political statements or had commentary on political issues. Again, this seems more an issue of ignoring the political implications than anything else. But that doesn't change the fact that these are very heavily political in nature. Which, again....art always has been. One could see Dante's Inferno as a basic trip through hell, but Dante clearly made political statements in choosing which historical figures he saw in hell and why. Godzilla on the surface is a basic monster attacks Japan movie, but the movie is about post Hiroshima and Nagasaki Japan and the moral implications of nuclear arms.

There is nothing wrong with political art.

Kahran Ramsus and Snow Queen like this.
  25. Sithborg The Pink Devil

Some people's actual existence is considered political to a lot of people. Art is often political. And these days, the most idiotic thing is considered political.

I'm not sure how people made it through the 90's, with some insanely political cartoons.

Snow Queen likes this.