Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theat means nothing. Im sure a whole season The Flash has a budget of a movie too but it has to be split up to 22 episodes while Mandalorian can use it for just 8 episodes. But I think they will go the Mandalorian/Marvel-route with 20Mio/Episode.

Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man (or -Men) and Wolverine all showing up in Multiverse Of Madness is one thing, but I’m really going to be disappointed if that movie doesn’t bring in Deadpool.

That would just be a big ass missed opportunity.

Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man (or -Men) and Wolverine all showing up in Multiverse Of Madness is one thing, but I’m really going to be disappointed if that movie doesn’t bring in Deadpool.

That would just be a big ass missed opportunity.
That’s probably how they plan to bring him into the universe.

That’s probably how they plan to bring him into the universe.

I would hope. He falls out of one of those portals that Strange uses and then he looks around and can be like “Wow, it IS a small world after all.”

You ever just randomly remember that Rachel McAdam’s was in Dr. Strange and how much of a wasted opportunity that was?

I just watched Mean Girls and was thinking about her. I can’t believe she was wasted in Strange like that.

You ever just randomly remember that Rachel McAdam’s was in Dr. Strange and how much of a wasted opportunity that was?

I just watched Mean Girls and was thinking about her. I can’t believe she was wasted in Strange like that.
Bizarre to think she turned down both Rachel Dawes and Pepper Potts and went for...that.

Rebecca Hall in Iron Man 3 is the one that stands out for me.

And that was proper wasting as well, as her character was initially going to be the villain. I wonder if she signed on under that belief.

Jessica Chastain in Dark Phoenix springs to mind. I wonder who the hell she was supposed to play, cause I'm sure the monotone nameless alien she became was not what she signed on for.

I would hope. He falls out of one of those portals that Strange uses and then he looks around and can be like “Wow, it IS a small world after all.”

Perfect post credit right there.

Last edited:
Funnily enough, Chastain turned down Rebecca Hall's role in Iron Man 3

Chastain would be the perfect Poison Ivy for Margot’s Harley.

But yeah Kinberg wasted her in Dark Phoenix. She should’ve just been Lilandra and they could’ve called it a day.

Theat means nothing. Im sure a whole season The Flash has a budget of a movie too but it has to be split up to 22 episodes while Mandalorian can use it for just 8 episodes.

They confirmed long ago it's gonna be 10 episodes, so they are trying to do what the D+ shows are budget-wise.

I'm sure Dark Phoenix looked good on paper.

You people talking about Rebecca Hall reminded me of all the bullsh*t Ike Perlmutter was making at Marvel. So glad he's gone. All hail our Feige Overlord. I mean, even those that don't like Feige can't really not like Feige, right?

Mads Mikkelsen was an even bigger waste.

Christopher Ecclestone in TDW was even bigger still...

And btw, Mads Mikkelsen was originally cast as Malekith, before he left and was replaced by Ecclestone.

Yeah.

Malekith was very underwritten and badly used, along with the most bare bones and uninspiring version of Kurse ever.

People were trying to sell that the Kurse/Thor fight in TDW was some epic smackdown... It's ****. It was **** then and if those fans were honest with us they'd admit now that it's ****.

Then in TR they had the voice of Clancy Brown for Surtur... And they made him a joke too.

Malekith, Kurse and Surtur... Walt Simonson's murderer's row of cool characters... All thoroughly underwhelming in live action.

Yeah.

Malekith was very underwritten and badly used, along with the most bare bones and uninspiring version of Kurse ever.

People were trying to sell that the Kurse/Thor fight in TDW was some epic smackdown... It's ****. It was **** then and if those fans were honest with us they'd admit now that it's ****.

Then in TR they had the voice of Clancy Brown for Surtur... And they made him a joke too.

Malekith, Kurse and Surtur... Walt Simonson's murderer's row of cool characters... All thoroughly underwhelming in live action.

I'll give you Malekith and Kurse. But Big Monster set Asgard ablaze while tearing the former home of the gods down to the foundations (and beyond). That's gotta count for something.

Ms McAdams is an absolutely brilliant comedic actress who should have been a leading character in the MCU going forward. Hopefully she will do a reverse Gemma Chan and get a juicy alien role.

Yeah she's really good in comedy or drama.

I remember there were people saying she was the best love interest or one of the better love interests in the MCU. All I could think is. How?
Is there any word whether she's in the Strange 2. I remember hearing she wouldn't be but I think that was

Her choices are a bit weird to me. From what I remember she turned down Pepper Potts (I eel like I remember reading it was due to the age difference with RDJ, but then she did Sherlock Holmes with him), Rachel Dawes, and I feel like I remember she was either considered or turned down Sue Storm. So yeah choosing her Dr Strange role, especially right after Spotlight, was weird.

Rebecca Hall in Iron Man 3 is the one that stands out for me.
Really agree about Rebecca Hall. I think she's a top 5 actress currently working along with Streep, Davis, Amy Adams. Her role in Christine is one of my favorite performances of all time. She would be great in any SH movie universe.

Mads Mikkelsen was an even bigger waste.
He was wasted in Rogue One too...:(

Did she turn it down or quit? I heard she signed on when she was gonna be the villain, but then quit when the nonsense came through.
Either way, as y'all are saying, both were wasted in their respected movies.

Last edited:
Bizarre to think she turned down both Rachel Dawes and Pepper Potts and went for...that.
I want to think she said yes to Doctor Strange because she regretted turning down those previous roles. McAdams as Pepper and Emily Blunt as Natasha are pretty much the only two "What could have been" MCU castings that I would have been really curious to see. Maybe Jason Momoa as Drax too but he held out for the more substantial role with Aquaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"