Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand how people want to move on, but I have no idea how else you introduce mutants at this point after not mentioning them for over twelve years and 23 movies. I think having the Fox mutants making the move between universes is the best route to go. Then again, Kevin Feige is much smarter than me so what does my dumbass self know?

I think it is easy. Just an off the top of my head suggestion, the Celestials experimented on humans ages ago. Some have the x gene, but it is dormant outside maybe a few mutants here and there. But after Thanos and Tony both doing snaps, it activates some of the previously dormant x genes all at once.

This actually has possible precedent. If you make Wanda and Pietro mutants, then their x gene can explain why they survived the experiments and that infinty stones can make them active

I think it is easy. Just an off the top of my head suggestion, the Celestials experimented on humans ages ago. Some have the x gene, but it is dormant outside maybe a few mutants here and there. But after Thanos and Tony both doing snaps, it activates some of the previously dormant x genes all at once.

This actually has possible precedent. If you make Wanda and Pietro mutants, then their x gene can explain why they survived the experiments and that infinty stones can make them active

I think you’re on to something.

But that’s what I was leaning toward. All this activity with the Infinity Stones and the snap just awakened mutants. Now the general populace are afraid of random people waking up and walking around with superpowers.

Works for me. :up:

Welp got a free Redbox code.

Guess tonight's the night I get drunk off Truly Hard Seltzer's and watch New Mutants
oNMhrfO.gif

Yeah, it only really says CGI Boseman ain't happening and nothing beyond that. Shuri having an expanded role doesn't really tell us anything definitive. She could have one with or without T'Challa. We will just have to see how they play it.

Is the blue BP logo real for the film? If so, I really like it!

Who do we think Tenoch Huerta is playing though?

Japan has the same issues with animation that the US does, in that budget and styles can greatly impact how it looks. Hell, anime is where I've grown to easily spot the budget in animated products.

Production company matters a lot. Sometimes there is a vast difference even from one episode to the next depending on who worked on it. This is true in the west too. Some of episodes of Batman TAS, for example, look much better than others.

Have you people been keeping up with the impending death of DC comics? It's sad to see.

I think one issue I have with Western superhero comics that a lot of times they just come across as advertisement for the movies instead of working as it’s own independent creative entity.
The demise of western comics is completely due to mismanagement. There absolutely is still a massive market for print comics. Just look at the manga industry. It isn't struggling. The American scene is just doing it wrong and has been for decades.
To be fair, Japanese culture and American culture are very different from each other and there are major differences on how those respective societies value comics. What works for Japan isn’t necessarily going to work for the western market.

Last edited:
To be fair, Japanese culture and American culture are very different from each other and there are major differences on how those respective societies value comics. What works for Japan isn’t necessarily going to work for the western market.

The manga market is global. But they do adjust depending on the local market. For example, westerners tend to prefer digital services and longer volumes of individual series as opposed to the traditional Japanese weekly (or monthly) manga magazines.

Last edited:
But Deadpool is coming to the universe. Isn’t he technically part of the ‘Fox-Men’. He may be integrated into the MCU by traversing through the multiverse. Why can’t other versions of the characters like the Fox versions of Professor Xavier do the same? Do you guys really want to wipe the slate clean that badly?
FJpq.gif

The manga market is global. But they do adjust depending on the local market. For example, westerners tend to prefer digital services and longer volumes of individual series as opposed to the traditional Japanese weekly (or monthly) manga magazines.
Manga is popular globally, but I don’t think it’s as popular in western markets as it is in its native country. Even the most popular manga like Naruto or My Hero Academia doesn’t sell as well in America as say a Bat-book or a Spider-Man book. It’s a niche within a niche industry in America and other places around the world.

Plus, the Japanese simply place a much higher cultural value on comics than us Westerners do. In Japan, the average manga can sell over a million copies like a Harry Potter book while in America the average comic sells at best a measly couple thousand. So the attitudes between the two markets on comics couldn’t be more different, and the vast majority of the western comic audience just wouldn’t read anything that doesn’t have the iconic superheroes in them, or superheroes in general.

In fact, look at how in America the creator owned stuff that does have a beginning, middle and end so often does not do nearly well as the corporate owned superhero stuff that doesn’t. While in Japan, superhero comics aren’t that popular and the genre is even more niche in that territory than even in America and never sells anywhere near the millions creator owned shonen stuff like One Piece & Demon Slayer sells. This tells you that there’s just too much of an intrinsic difference in cultural tastes between the west and Japan when it comes to comics preferences. So the Japanese market shouldn’t be used as a model for a market that represents a totally different culture.

Last edited:
Saw New Mutants. The movie is not a complete dumpster fire, but it also isn't what I would call good. There are concepts and ideas I like in the movie. I just wish it provided better written characters to go along with the core plot.

Who do we think Tenoch Huerta is playing though?

A good portion of T'Challa's rogue gallery - Klaue, M'Baku, Hunter, Malice & Killmonger - either make no sense after the first film or are dead. And the two other that come to mind, Achebe & Kraven, are African or unavailable with Sony doing a solo film.

So all signs point to Mr. Huerta being Namor. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he is someone outside of the Black Panther family, like an Eternal or Iron Man villain.

I am also betting he is Namor.

That stuff of the death of DC Comics is so sad I feel so bad I don't follow news about it, it'll be too embarrassing.
View attachment 39728

Let the Fox-Men stay in their own world. They had a good 20 year run of hits and misses.

Time for some new mutants. (No pun).

New-Mutants-promo-image-600x600.jpg

We got them after three years delay and loads of memes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"