Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I knew Spider-Man Miles Morales would be shorter, but I didn't realize how short.

I started to play on Friday and played about 2 hours a day and ended up beating the story by Sunday. And as of yesterday, again 2 hours a day, I've beaten all the gang hideouts and all of the Spidey challenges.

Still enjoyed it a lot, but kinda wish I waited until it was like $30 instead of paying $50. Still really great, the story was a bit derivative of Spider-Man PS4, but it was cool. Some of the set pieces, especially the bridge scene, were awesome. And of course it's really fun just to swing around. I hope in Spider-Man PS5 or whatever that Peter and Miles split the time 70/30 of who you play as. Hopefully it won't come out until the PS5 price drops a little bit in like 2-3 years. I don't feel like buying one yet :o

I wanted to gif it, but then I saw that's I remember it wrong.
Iron Man 2 is not a memorable movie to me, but that multi explosions battle ending that includes suicide makes it even darker.

Fair enough, but Vanko’s wasn’t particularly dark for me.

Miles Morales is really good. My second favourite superhero game after the first PS4 Spidey.

It's so refreshing to play through a game and not start to feel "when will this be over". I really enjoyed Red Dead Redemption 2 but I felt exhausted coming near the end of it.

I really can't see NBC's Peacock taking off. Other than The Office reboot it's got nothing going for it. I don't think an Office reboot would get too much attention if it's an entirely new cast.

Good news everyone.

Everyone except US:

giphy.gif

I really can't see NBC's Peacock taking off. Other than The Office reboot it's got nothing going for it. I don't think an Office reboot would get too much attention if it's an entirely new cast.
Older people apparently like it. I don't know of that's what they were going for but it does kinda feel like a streamkng service for mom and dwd

Last edited:
Doesn't Iron Man 2 not even really show Vanko's death onscreen, let alone a decapitation? Doesn't he just blow himself up, along with all his drones?

It was a pretty standard "take you heroes with me" villain death. Maybe the second most overused villain death after falling off some high building/cliff/etc.

To be fair, Vanko was all about sticking it to Tony.

Everyone except US:

giphy.gif

It will end up with "bragging rights" of having huge pirating numbers, just like the first season of The Mandalorian.

Not entirely kidding though as Disney did seem to think it was good advertising to keep their platform relevant until it had launched in each area. Then again The Mandalorian is a consistent thing on D+ while I guess WB hopes that this will be a one-off so this may not bring any long term boost of interest to HBO Max anywhere.

The whole 'get ready for mass pirating' thing reminds me of the exact same complaints made against digital music two decades ago. Turned out most people are too lazy and computer-illiterate to resort to pirating and would pay for the official thing, if nothing else but for convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"