Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see the ongoing adventures of Mr. Margaret Carter, the mustachioed Roger Stevens, breaking new ground as a house husband and outspoken community activist during the swinging sixties.

Last edited:
I am going to honest. I can't believe anyone actually thought that Evans and yes RDJ, are done with the MCU. These people aren't in the MCU because they aren't big fans of money. :funny:

I think Chris Evans is just tired of getting into Cap shape.

At the risk of sounding like a cliched film critic, but WandaVision really is unlike anything else in the CBM genre. The first two episodes are weird as hell but if you are a fellow lover of classic sitcoms and the Twilight Zone all wrapped up in a Marvel gift box then this show is for you.

I say all that to say I'm enjoying it so far. Olsen & Bettany's chemistry is off the charts too.

At the risk of sounding like a cliched film critic, but WandaVision really is unlike anything else in the CBM genre. The first two episodes are weird as hell but if you are a fellow lover of classic sitcoms and the Twilight Zone all wrapped up in a Marvel gift box then this show is for you.

I say all that to say I'm enjoying it so far. Olsen & Bettany's chemistry is off the charts too.
Are there fight scenes?

ErxVFTrW4AAqVY5

Screw it bring everyone back.

Why not

You say that as a negative argument, but I actually agree sincerely. "Why not?" The value in the movies is not in a false sense of permanence, but in the actual experience of watching them. The MCU is and always has been a fantastic setting where death has only ever been as permanent as the writers care to have it, but you know what it does have? "Mr Stark, I don't feel so good". The stories and relationships, those are what matter.

( Also, frankly, the idea that this is going to have some immediate impact, when everything has been heavily disrupted by Covid, seems unlikely. If Evans is returning in any role more substantial than a brief cameo, its probably not going to happen for several years, anyway. )

Ben Affleck is good at playing villains. I could see him as a bad guy in the MCU.

Matt Damon randomly cameoed in Thor because his buddies with the Hemsworth Brothers.
Do we think Doctor Strange 2 will actually have a plot?

Judging from posts on the internet, it’s just 2 hours of fan service cameos from a mixed bag of movies and castings that never materialised.

Riveting stuff.
Yep. I'm interested in the plot. How does Baron Mordo factor into this? Is Nightmare going to appear? Are we going to get more Strange and Wong magic bros banter?

I don't want just two hours of cameos and fan service.

I have to wonder if there will ever be a time when an MCU film will be rotten on the tomato meter?

Marvel’s review streak is quite impressive. It’s the most consistently well reviewed franchise in history Even Pixar has one stinker with Cars 2 at 39% on RT. There’s a first for everything, and I wonder when will it happen with Marvel?

Captain Marvel 2? *ducks* ( No, I don't seriously think that. I did not like Captain Marvel, but if anything I expect the sequel to be a better movie. )

If I had to make a serious guess. . . honestly, I'm really worried about Spider-man 3. They seem to be cramming so much stuff into it, that doesn't thematically fit with the arc of the solo movies so far, but does fit with shamelessly aping Into The Spiderverse along with cramming every drop of fan service into it. That does not bode well when Sony still has joint custody. It might turn out to be a Ragnarok-style tone shift that totally works and is awesome, but I think its far more likely to be an incoherent dumpster fire.

Judging from posts on the internet, it’s just 2 hours of fan service cameos from a mixed bag of movies and castings that never materialised.

Riveting stuff.

*blink* Are you sure you aren't confusing Dr Strange 2 with Spider-man 3?

I didnt think i was gonna think much of WandaVision but i loved the first two episodes. I come from the 90s era of Nick at Night where they would air Bewitched and Dick Van Dyke and I love Lucy and all of those classics and i ate all of those up as a kid. So seeing Marvel do this loving homage to those sitcoms was very charming.

Wandavision was interesting. You can definitely sense the inevitability of where things will go. It’s going to be interesting when **** hits the fan and Wanda realizes what’s *really* going on and why its going on. It may start out as a sitcom homage but eventually it will turn into a standard Marvel action/adventure show at the end, but how it gets there will be fascinating to watch. This show may be the one with the most ramifications for phase 4.

Last edited:
*blink* Are you sure you aren't confusing Dr Strange 2 with Spider-man 3?

At this point, the movies seem to be somewhat interchangeable don’t they?

I might be the only person alive that would rather a regular Spider-Man 3 than a cameo laden spider verse light. And Dr strange 2 just seems to be conversations about which random marvel actor we’re able to shove in. because ‘they almost got cast once, so wouldn’t that be a hoot’.

I have to wonder if there will ever be a time when an MCU film will be rotten on the tomato meter?

Marvel’s review streak is quite impressive. It’s the most consistently well reviewed franchise in history Even Pixar has one stinker with Cars 2 at 39% on RT. There’s a first for everything, and I wonder when will it happen with Marvel?
Iron Fist season 1 was panned by critics

Riveting stuff.

Wouldn't it be easier to say that you just don't like the idea of a multiverse film? I can't imagine that you would actually believe that there wouldn't be a plot since not even Endgame did fan service over telling its story, and there's not much reason to make a multiverse film if they won't actually play on that theme. There is also no reason why we would know the plot of a film that's not coming out for over a year even if all parts of the film business start doing well.

Yeah, WandaVision is bonkers and completely different. I like the sitcom thing, but I'm sure that won't be for everyone. I can imagine younger MCU fans won't be big on it, but I've seen enough of the older sitcoms to enjoy it.

I love that this is followed by Falcon and Winter Soldier, too. Two shows that are going to be completely different in style and tone.

I didnt think i was gonna think much of WandaVision but i loved the first two episodes. I come from the 90s era of Nick at Night where they would air Bewitched and Dick Van Dyke and I love Lucy and all of those classics and i ate all of those up as a kid. So seeing Marvel do this loving homage to those sitcoms was very charming.

Whew, those were the days. Nick at Night and OG TV Land were my favorite channels.

I’m also just relieved that in whatever sitcom land Wanda is in, Monica Rambeau is not the sassy black maid. Good work Disney.

Wouldn't it be easier to say that you just don't like the idea of a multiverse film? I can't imagine that you would actually believe that there wouldn't be a plot since not even Endgame did fan service over telling its story, and there's not much reason to make a multiverse film if they won't actually play on that theme. There is also no reason why we would know the plot of a film that's not coming out for over a year even if all parts of the film business start doing well.

No because I’m not against a multiverse film, I think the idea is probably quite good.
The problem is, the discussion doesn’t centre around what this would consist of.
I don’t see discussions regarding how this could effect plot, character motivations, progression of the MCU as a whole, how Mordo or Nightmare, or Dormammu could apply to the narrative.

Instead it becomes - ‘it’d be great if Hugh Jackman turns up, even for 5 seconds’.
‘I hope Tom Cruise cameos as Tony Stark because he almost got cast’.
‘I hope Chris evans is referenced as the human torch!’

I mean no offence to those that discuss such things, but every conversation I see regarding Doctor Strange 2 or Spider-Man 3 literally revolve around these fantasy cameos.
But I find it odd how discussions of a 2 hour film can literally revolve around such things rather than the actual plot/characters etc etc.

No because I’m not against a multiverse film, I think the idea is probably quite good.
The problem is, the discussion doesn’t centre around what this would consist of.
I don’t see discussions regarding how this could effect plot, character motivations, progression of the MCU as a whole, how Mordo or Nightmare, or Dormammu could apply to the narrative.

Instead it becomes - ‘it’d be great if Hugh Jackman turns up, even for 5 seconds’.
‘I hope Tom Cruise cameos as Tony Stark because he almost got cast’.
‘I hope Chris evans is referenced as the human torch!’

I mean no offence to those that discuss such things, but every conversation I see regarding Doctor Strange 2 or Spider-Man 3 literally revolve around these fantasy cameos.
But I find it odd how discussions of a 2 hour film can literally revolve around such things rather than the actual plot/characters etc etc.

Ok, I thought you were talking about some rumor reports of what would happen, and that you were drawing conclusions of the actual film based on that, hence why I wrote the thing about that it's too early to expect to know anything about the plot.

Regarding fan discussions I don't have much of an opinion on that as I haven't paid any attention to that yet, although I guess I don't think it's that strange if they discuss fun things that the multiverse aspect can since it's so wide that the plot could be nearly anything until we know more details. I wouldn't see it as indication of that it's all they want out of it.

Iron Fist season 1 was panned by critics
Netflix needed to put Marvel Studio money in the action and better choreograph the fighting. Hopefully, Marvel's Shang-Chi might give us some kind of road map on what it would look like. Fingers cross.

Netflix needed to put Marvel Studio money in the action and better choreograph the fighting. Hopefully, Marvel's Shang-Chi might give us some kind of road map on what it would look like. Fingers cross.
I don't think Netflix really had Marvel Studio money. At least not in the way that the Disney+ series do. I also remember reading on Reddit that once Daredevil became a runaway hit, the second season was fast tracked and ate into the budget for Iron Fist as a result. I'm not sure how true that is, if at all, but it does make sense considering how low budget Iron Fist felt compared to the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"