Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be nice. The Hush storyline in the comics sucked but at least they tried to give something to Martha. I wanna see more of the Kane side of the family.

One thing I really hope for with The Batman, a legit acknowledgement of Bruce's mother. In TDKT Bruce has like 3 dads, but no mother. On film in general, Bruce's mother is basically a sentient strand of pearls and the punchline to one of the worst moments in superhero flick history. :funny:
Heresy. You just didn't understand the beauty and the deep thematic subtext. :o
fyc2.gif

One thing I really hope for with The Batman, a legit acknowledgement of Bruce's mother. In TDKT Bruce has like 3 dads, but no mother. On film in general, Bruce's mother is basically a sentient strand of pearls and the punchline to one of the worst moments in superhero flick history. :funny:

When you put it like that, that is so true.

Here I am bi***ing about not seeing Robin and poor Mama Wayne is just pearls LOL.

Not really. It wasn’t produced by Marvel Studios and isn’t a movie. So it doesn’t count.
Agents of Shield wasn't produced by marvel studios, so it isn't MCU property. Anything under the MCU is marvel studios property whether it was produced by them or not.

You're right. I was just going off what the article was saying but I would doubt Hawke is playing Bushman.
I think Crossfire, Black Spectre, Shadow Knight, The Profile and Morpheus seem like possibilities.

Crossfire could be interesting because he has connections to multiple superheroes and could show up Hawkeye or Ant-Man in the future providing they don't kill the character off.

You're right. I was just going off what the article was saying but I would doubt Hawke is playing Bushman.

I think Crossfire, Black Spectre, Shadow Knight, The Profile and Morpheus seem like possibilities.

Crossfire could be interesting because he has connections to multiple superheroes and could show up Hawkeye or Ant-Man in the future providing they don't kill the character off.

Don't get my hopes up of a Hawkeye/Moon Knight crossover at some point.

When you put it like that, that is so true.

Here I am bi***ing about not seeing Robin and poor Mama Wayne is just pearls LOL.

Before there was any kind of deep history my go to head cannon was always that Thomas Wayne was a brilliant surgeon and Martha was either some kind of concert pianist virtuoso or an elite ballet dancer. Something where we could see that Bruce's inherent qualities could be traced back to both his parents.

So, who do you guys think is the villian of the Wanda-vision series.

I would say it is Agatha harkness.

there's a scene in episode 2 where she tells Wanda to act unnaturally around Donny. but Wanda thinks she should just be herself.

Agatha is utterly shocked when Wanda says "or maybe I could just be myself"--- which might mean that Agatha wants Wanda to live a false life, that's why she trapping her in a fake world. (even though it's what Wanda has always wanted).

in the comics, Agatha is a very powerful witch. she even teaches Wanda how to use her powers.

this is just speculation, so I might be wrong.

there's a scene in episode 2 where she tells Wanda to act unnaturally around Donny. but Wanda thinks she should just be herself.

Agatha is utterly shocked when Wanda says "or maybe I could just be myself"--- which might mean that Agatha wants Wanda to live a false life, that's why she trapping her in a fake world. (even though it's what Wanda has always wanted).

in the comics, Agatha is a very powerful witch. she even teaches Wanda how to use her powers.

I am doubtful. I mean, I do agree that Agnes is almost certainly Agatha, but the thing is, she consistently pokes and prods and involves herself in Wanda's life, makes odd asides, and just generally. . . calls attention to the seams, at least indirectly. If Agnes were actively trying to keep Wanda trapped, she wouldn't be doing most of the things she's doing. She's probably on the side of the light, she's just as ensnared by the reality bubble as the two main heroes are, more or less.

All this (potential) talk of Cap A - Evans return, surely undoes all of what EG 'worked' towards and just throws that all in the bin ? Wish MCU would stand by it's decisions and be brave for once.

All this (potential) talk of Cap A - Evans return, surely undoes all of what EG 'worked' towards and just throws that all in the bin ? Wish MCU would stand by it's decisions and be brave for once.

I hope they just leave him be with his ending in Endgame, unless it's something involving a cameo in some kind of time travel storyline, or a cameo by Old Steve in the Falcon & Winter Soldier show.

Yeah, I don't really get why everyone's so excited about it. You bring Steve back and EG essentially becomes unwatchable.

But of course, MS and Disney don't care about that. They only care about money.

It depends entirely on what they do with him. Using his old self, having flashbacks, or other things of that effect, does nothing to change the fate he chose in Endgame so it's just too early to say what impact his return will have. Of course this is all based on comics and there nearly no one stays dead or is taken out of the picture forever so anything can happen.

As for the "for once" part, are you saying that the MCU has never made a decision they've stuck with?

Yeah, I don't really get why everyone's so excited about it. You bring Steve back and EG essentially becomes unwatchable.

But of course, MS and Disney don't care about that. They only care about money.

It depends on how it is done. I think they purposefully left it open that his stone mission could take as long as he needs for a reason.

It would be cool if it was the Controller or The Leader messing with Wanda's head. A supervillain getting in Wanda's head would be ironic given her own mind games antics in Age Of Ultron.

Agatha Harkness is certainly possible. An idea just popped into my head that perhaps she is connected to the Ancient One. Maybe Strange catches note of the damage she’s doing to the space time continuum by manipulating Wanda and that’s what attracts his attention. My speculation is that if Hahn is Harkness then the MCU version is possibly a former disciple of The Ancient One gone rogue. Generic idea but I do think it’s likely.

Zack Snyder’s Justice League will make history as...the longest superhero movie ever at a whopping four hours.

So its not a mini series anymore? Im really curious what he did with that mess.

I guess it aint a mini series anymore. Honestly, it is a HBO Max release where you at home can pause it at your leisure anyway, so I don’t think it makes a difference in that regard overall. Only thing it does is keep it from being talked about over the course of 4 weeks as it progresses instead of whatever shelf life it has after it drops and people watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"