Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Much like JK. Simmons reprised the role of Jonah Jameson for the MCU would you guys be fine if Sir Patrick Stewart reprised the role of Professor Xavier in the MCU? I wouldn’t mind too much but I much prefer a different actor be in the wheelchair this time around as I’m eager for a fresh interpretation of the character.

Granted, as I pointed out before, Simmons came back to play a new interpretation of Jonah again so naturally one would ask why couldn’t Stewart play a different version of the role?

For my money: Stewart is too old at this point: he’s a 79 so I think we need an actor who’s able to play the role for a longer period of time, which is why I expect the next actor they get for Xavier will be in the range of early-to-mid 50’s(like Marissa Tomei currently is). Plus, Stewart had the perfect sendoff with Logan and you really couldn’t have a better film to go out on than that.

Last edited:
I would like Xavier to play a much, much smaller role in the MCU series than he did in the FOX series. So an older, part-time semi-retired Professor X would be a good move IMO.

I think we need a clean break and an all new cast for MCU X-Men. I'd welcome quick cameos from the likes of Stewart and Jackman as random civilians to appreciate their massive contribution over the years.

Last edited:
I would like Xavier to play a much, much smaller role in the MCU series than he did in the FOX series. So an older, part-time semi-retired Professor X would be a good move IMO.
I want Xavier to have an important symbolic role as the leader of the dream. But he doesn't need to ever step into the field this time around. He can be a mansion fixture aside from maybe some government meeting type stuff.

Much like JK. Simmons reprised the role of Jonah Jameson for the MCU would you guys be fine if Sir Patrick Stewart reprised the role of Professor Xavier in the MCU? I wouldn’t mind too much but I much prefer a different actor be in the wheelchair this time around as I’m eager for a fresh interpretation of the character.
As perfect as he showed up to be in the role, he's -as you've already stated- too old for the role right now.

I think we need a clean break and an all new cast for MCU X-Men. I'd welcome quick cameos from the likes of Stewart as Jackman as random civilians to appreciate their massive contribution over the years.
I agree completely. We really need a clean break. I really want no ties to the foxverse. And they also need cast younger so they can be at a believable fighting age over the next 14 to 16 years. Xavier can be older but not Stewart older

I agree completely. We really need a clean break. I really want no ties to the foxverse. And they also need cast younger so they can be at a believable fighting age over the next 14 to 16 years. Xavier can be older but not Stewart older
Yeah, got to plan long term for this. They can really get a lot of material out of these X-Men rights and they have to lay a good foundation to take full advantage.

That man is the original X-Man, fought Magneto, Mr Sinister, countless Sentinels, all the while juggling Jean Grey, Madelyne Pryor and Emma Frost in the love department.

Put some respeck on his name lol.
Yep. :cool:

Maybe he meant in the films where they haven’t really come close to showing Cyclops at his best.

When was he great in the first place?

:hehe:
I dug him a lot in Whedon’s Astonishing run.
boqsGZc_d.jpg

711v245bov721.jpg

Yeah I'm just teasing, he was great in Astonishing and also the Utopia era

Then he turned into Joseph Kony and went back to sucking lol
kidding.not.kidding

That man is the original X-Man, fought Magneto, Mr Sinister, countless Sentinels, all the while juggling Jean Grey, Madelyne Pryor and Emma Frost in the love department.

Put some respeck on his name lol.

Ahhhh Madelyne...the woman Cyke left alone with their newborn the moment he got word of Jean being alive lol. Not one of his finer moments.

edit: Oh and THEN he cheats on Jean with Emma! Mess, lol.

Last edited:
Ahhhh Madelyne...the woman Cyke left alone with their newborn the moment he got word of Jean being alive lol. Not one of his finer moments.

edit: Oh and THEN he cheats on Jean with Emma! Mess, lol.

That's why I never bought into the hype with Wolverine, because Scott Summers was a whole pimp. LOL.

Hot take: Cyclops and Wolverine were equally unimpressive.

all I've ever wanted from an X-Men movie is for scott to get the respect and level of importance that the character deserves

Agreed. That's why most of the FOX stuff was frustrating, you have all the tools to tell a credible story and let everyone get a chance to shine, but they just kept shoving the usual suspects down our throats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"