Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, I will skip this. I was a fan of Peacemaker in the movie, but this trailers made me not even chuckle a little bit. Action is barely there and/or not really exciting, set pieces looks cheap.

And I doubt Gunns third cute-iconic animal-like character can push the whole show.

I have no interest in The King's Man. 2nd movie was awful, and it looks like exactly the same movie as the first one. Zero interest

I'm just looking up the "possible" DC shows for next year on HBO Max.

All 14 Upcoming DC TV Shows on HBO Max

Obviously Peacemaker.

Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, DC Super Hero High, Justice League Dark, Madame X, Val-Zod, Constantine

And the Batman spinoffs of Gotham PD and the Penquin.

Has any of these live action even started filming yet?

The Batman spinoffs I'm honestly super excited for. usually, I'd be skeptical of spin-offs for a comic book movie, but a spinoff led by Colin Farrells Penguin? Count me in! Same for Gotham PD.

I don't get Peacemaker. He was a mildly fun part of an ensemble, but he served his purpose in that story and should have remained dead.

Jessica Jones was very much NOT an action show.

Why wasn't it? The show had fights and action just like the other series, and 99% of the genre in general. Doesn't mean it wasn't other things too.

Last edited:
The show game me Sylvie, a proper anti-hero arc for Loki emphasizing his love for not only himself but his brother while not forgetting he's an ass, Mobius, Alligator Loki, Kid Loki, all of Lamentis, Ms. Minutes, and two of the best musical themes in all of Superhero media. Oh, and it gave me this:

5AS823C.gif

Which is better then the 95% of the MCU that isn't Kate, Peggy , Carol, Wenwu, Daredevil, or Ragnarok.

I hear what you're saying Darth (and I loved me some Sylvie too) but still.....
FormalCostlyCamel-size_restricted.gif

Speaking of, it's time to watch Batman Returns for the billionth time. The most underrated Bat and Christmas movie of all time.

Arcane is maybe the best show I’ve seen all year as it really shows the power of the medium of animation. Having been underwhelmed by the animation quality of even good shows like Invincible and Young Justice, What-If and the rest of DTV DC shows if we get something even half as well animated as Arcane I’d be happy.

"Superheroes don't kill bad people" tell that to Snyder :o

Stupid quote anyway since a good majority of them kill.
You reminded me of some fun interesting moments:

1. Spider-Man killed one of the Red Skull minions with a returning bazooka shot to his limo.
  2. Superman killed General Zod and his crew from an alternate Earth using gold kryptonite to depower them and followed it with green kryptonite to stop them from attempting to invade and ruin his Earth, giving Superman PTSD and D.I.D for a while.
  3. Flash (Barry Allen) killed a bunch of people around the world in one issue without feeling a single shred of remorse about it, but him killing Thawne on his (Barry's) wedding day gave him PTSD and made him spiral into a guilt trip that lasted for thirty issues while a D.A just wanted to put the man in trial to make his reputation better.
  4. Hulk unintentionally caused the death of Major Glenn Talbot.
  5. Moon Knight killed Raoul Bushman, sliced his face-off, and used it as a mask every now and then. I don't know how he kept that skin from dehydrating except comics.
  6. Thor killed his grandfather after Loki resurrected him and sent him on a rampage on Earth, and made Balder exile his brother in the process for killing a family member.
I probably forgot a few more.
I honestly don't care all that much for The Batman spinoffs. I am excited for that movie. Very much. But a show about Penguin or the GCPD? Meh
Ditto. But the animated show that involves Matt Reeves in a creative capacity is something I'm willing to watch.

I'd say the 1966 Batman movie is more underrated than BR is.
The thing people remember about that movie most is the shark bite, and it offered a lot of pleasant fun beyond that moment.

Part of me thinks the main, if not only, reason for the Peacemaker spin-off boils down to Cena being a bucket of charm and game for most anything, to his credit. Seems like a guy that’d be fun to work with.

Hope down the line Disney persuades Bernthal to be MCU Wolverine and they snatch up Cena to be Gladiator.

Think that role would suit him much better than Peacemaker or The Thing.

Hope down the line Disney persuades Bernthal to be MCU Wolverine and they snatch up Cena to be Gladiator.

Think that role would suit him much better than Peacemaker or The Thing.
Put that RBF to good use. :o

Taking this with a grain of salt but it's entirely possible that they'd have one ready to be attached to No Way Home. It'd also fit the pattern of getting a new MCU trailer featuring Wong right before a new MCU movie featuring Wong. He's the glue holding the MCU together. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"