Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it work? Does this new owner have any rights to DC shows still? (had assumed not)

Could be funny seeing a Titans Robin marketed to 58 year olds.

Hey, Burt Ward can still go.
E26E0BA3-212F-4A8D-8C47-D6AFC449D49A.gif

Keaton’s Batman and his Robin would be the senior citizen team up we didn’t know we wanted!

Same man, same.

Just as long as it’s not that damn Seth Rogen, because that would be a corny ass choice. And Cena for Juggy could be fun too.
I've never understood the Seth Rogen as Ben casting "wish lists". I'm thinking it's purely because of his voice sounding more gravelly but on the other hand, his frequent costar from back in the day Jason Segel ticks off all the Ben Grimm boxes for me: He's tall and handsome enough to pull off the pre-Thing Ben Grimm and he's got a talent for voice impressions to boot so he'd be perfect for the Thing persona too:

(Not saying I'd want him to do an Andre the Giant impersonation as the character, but you get the gist :o)

I saw someone suggest Dan Folger as MCU Ben Grimm, and now I really want that. That feels like an inspired choice, and I can totally see it.
Like Rogen, I can hear him as Thing because he's got a good voice for it but I can't picture him as Ben Grimm at all.

Yeah, I think the whole “heroes don’t kill people but Black Adam does” is undercut by the fact that this universe started out with Superman of all people snapping someone’s neck and then followed up by Batman nonchalantly blowing people to smithereens. But… umm… Black Adam proudly admits to killing people so… BADASS. :o
Looking desperately for something unique about his film and tough going. The JSA are the one thing worth bigging up but they aren't him so that wouldn't compute.

Yay or nay on him being MCU Xavier.

Do it now! Get a quick win and move onto casting other roles. He has all the gravitas needed, is actually keen for and almost asking for the role, has a high profile to give the film an early boost and (I believe) is much respected even amongst much of the GA who would at least recognise him from Breaking Bad (even if they don't know his name and had missed him everywhere else).

I’ve been thinking this for a while, but this new nonsense with Johnson has solidified my opinion on the matter: Adam is gonna underperform.
I don't know where expectations were, but The Rock, while a huge star, doesn't seem to be able to attract people to see things that aren't attractive in their own right. If they ramp up the JSA side of the marketing I think they still have hope, but as of now every communication from the Rock is making me less excited (and I'm someone who's always found him entertaining when he guest stars in films).

Yay or nay on him being MCU Xavier? Sounds like he has the right idea on how to play him to me.

EasyHealthyIberianmole-max-1mb.gif

I don't know where expectations were, but The Rock, while a huge star, doesn't seem to be able to attract people to see things that aren't attractive in their own right. If they ramp up the JSA side of the marketing I think they still have hope, but as of now every communication from the Rock is making me less excited (and I'm someone who's always found him entertaining when he guest stars in films).

I don’t think the JSA will do anything for anybody who doesn’t already know who they are. Nothing I’ve seen from the marketing has made them stand out.

I feel like they've been way better about the marketing for She-Hulk than Ms. Marvel. Of course, it also helps that there's no Obi-Wan Kenobi show streaming at the same time to take the attention away from She-Hulk like it did for Ms. Marvel. That was an oddball move on Disney's part. They could and should have delayed Ms. Marvel by a couple of weeks to premiere a week after the Obi-Wan finale.

I feel like they've been way better about the marketing for She-Hulk than Ms. Marvel. Of course, it also helps that there's no Obi-Wan Kenobi show streaming at the same time to take the attention away from She-Hulk like it did for Ms. Marvel. That was an oddball move on Disney's part. They could and should have delayed Ms. Marvel by a couple of weeks to premiere a week after the Obi-Wan finale.
At least should have been added different days. Like make one on Wednesdays and the other Fridays

At least should have been added different days. Like make one on Wednesdays and the other Fridays
If they get to a point where they have so much content that they don't have as much breathing room between shows then I think they should absolutely follow that schedule and drop Marvel shows on Wednesdays and Star Wars shows on Fridays or vice-versa.

I really think I am going to end up loving this show. There’s heart here.

NCIS: Gotham City
NCIS: Metropolis
CSI: Central City

and don’t even get me started on the spin-offs of the spin-offs

LOL

Old people love those NCIS shows, I just never had the time to watch any of them.

True. I imagine there is a decent level of crossover between MCU and SW fans, at least in terms of the ones who are likely to get Disney + app (ruling out many of the much older SW fans).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"