Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, and no. There were no character interactions in any of them

There were around 8 of them before they came down (although as of now, they've been reposted to the DCEUleaks subreddit). five or six of them alone featured Cyborg testing out/discovering his powers (in addition to a really bizarre one involving Nazi Germany. No I'm not kidding), and the effects were mostly unfinished. They also had no sound. The only one that was decent was of Flash rescuing Iris from a car crash, but again, no sound, and the effects were unfinished. Only other one was of Superman at the Kent farm. Nothing happens, you just see him staring off into the distance.

Interesting. I think the only thing Snyd'ers cut would have improved is the pacing. It was just too brisk.

LyfSlkL.jpg
YIKES, that is so low.

And look at the budgets.

But the first JL trailer and the Comic Con sneak peak told the whole story, really. I actually stopped following news for the movie after that longer trailer was released over the summer, because that footage was enough to make the outcome clear.

Edit: Not "story" in the sense of plot, I mean the story of how the movie would be received.

Last edited:
[YT]p38Lbm84JhI[/YT]

Love these.

There's a guy in the comments section vigorously trying to pin this all on Nolan.

Good read. Never thought about them avoiding using Superman in the advertising because of people's distaste for Snyder's version of the character.

The one thing that bugs me though is them using Flashpoint to "retcon" :whatever:

It was a good read. I'm not sure what the way forward is but it's either all solo films or they do a Flashpoint reboot, however that is still not a sure thing because it still has ties to what came before.

Can someone explain to me in a way the makes sense the resurrection scene? (Use spoiler tags if needed) I've read about it and I still can't believe they put something this dumb in this movie. How is it any different from Primes resurrection in the second transformers? If Batman is willing to kill on the 1% chance, why is he willing to resurrect on a 50-60 % chance?

Is Affleck's Batman in Justice League the most incompetent Batman ever?

Can someone explain to me in a way the makes sense the resurrection scene? (Use spoiler tags if needed) I've read about it and I still can't believe they put something this dumb in this movie. How is it any different from Primes resurrection in the second transformers? If Batman is willing to kill on the 1% chance, why is he willing to resurrect on a 50-60 % chance?
Because Superman inspired him. :atp:

Who else wishes we had George Miller's Justice League movie instead?

I don't. Their story was done and this "shared universe" thing isn't in his wheelhouse. Nor are most of the characters who reside in it. I'm glad his trilogy gets to remain its own separate thing.

I don't. Their story was done and this "shared universe" thing isn't in his wheelhouse. Nor are most of the characters who reside in it. I'm glad his trilogy gets to remain its own separate thing.
Bale would have added an instant credibility imo. And I wouldn't have wanted Nolan to direct, but they needed someone to ask the questions he and Jonah did on MoS. Which I think only worked at all because of them.

Batfleck is bad. Like all time bad in JL. He looks like he doesn't want to be there nor is he any good as Batman.

The thought that WB was afraid to market Superman because he was damaged goods never occurred to me.

I really think they just wanted to hide the fact that he would live, which is weird since BvS hinted he wasn't dead and just the general story of the death and return of him being known well-enough. Really killing him off was just stupid. There's no logical justification for it. At. All.

Anyway, the real issue is that the foundation of films they made were just plain weak. There's any number of ways/order of films they could've done all this in terms of solos compared to team-ups. If the films were good, WB would've been just fine; they could've had a solid foundation. Outside of WW, all of their films really reached their success due to marketing/concept to get people to come and then failed to deliver and made them less excited.

But, when you have three films essentially not being worth it and pretty trash footage for JL, you're gonna have a hard time convincing people to go out and watch it instead of the countless forms of entertainment they have available.

Is Affleck's Batman in Justice League the most incompetent Batman ever?

For a dude who had 20+ years of experience and is supposed to be some kind of secret, I'd say so.

Considering what happens in JL, someone needs to explain the coffin shot at the end of BvS.

Because Superman inspired him. :atp:

My wife said Batman had a school-boy crush on Clark. Was Superman being such a beacon to Batman more fully explored in Snyder's version I wonder?

Knowing Snyder, however, I think I have the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"