Superhero Film of the Year - 2012 Edition

Avengers. The great character moments outweigh its flaws. Amazing Spider-Man came close, but the Lizard's half of the movie was weak. Rises wasn't as intense or lean as Dark Knight. I've seen enough of Spirit of Vengeance to figure the rest of the movie would have to be a masterpiece for it to be good. Haven't gone to see Chronicle or Dredd yet.

Think Dredd just passed TAS for the #2 spot. It's just hugely entertaining to take in.
1. The Avengers
2. Dredd 3D
3. The Amazing Spider-Man

#1 The Avengers - No questiion the best of 2012, for me.
#2 TDKR - Loved it even more after the 2nd viewing, but not enough to take the top spot
#3 Dredd - A distant 3rd when compared to the top 2, but man was I pleasantly surprised

Finally watched Dredd.

Here's my top:
1. The Dark Knight Rises - great movie all around, even despite having some pace problems and plot holes.
2. Dredd - low budget for this kind of production, but great fun overall.
3. The Avengers - really great movie, but personally it's too childish for my taste.
4. The Amazing Spider-Man - good comic book movie, beautiful with great main cast, but the story is too familiar + weak villain. Also, just as The Avengers, too kids-friendly.

Haven't seen Ghost Rider and Chronicle. And not going to.

Pretty much how I feel.

Haven't seen Chronicle or Dredd, but was kinda disappointed with the rest. Not oh they sucked, I just wanted something more out of them.

If I were redoing my list, I'd actually put Dredd as number 2 behind Avengers and ahead of TDKR. Yes, yes, qeue the lynch mobs. . . but while TDKR was more ambitious and "deep", it also had more flaws and weaknesses. Dredd was less ambitious, but it also succeeded at what it aimed to do more thoroughly, and on a stupidly small budget.

If I were redoing my list, I'd actually put Dredd as number 2 behind Avengers and ahead of TDKR. Yes, yes, qeue the lynch mobs. . . but while TDKR was more ambitious and "deep", it also had more flaws and weaknesses. Dredd was less ambitious, but it also succeeded at what it aimed to do more thoroughly, and on a stupidly small budget.

Agreed, I had the most fun with Dredd...

I didnt really find TDKR ambitious, I did find it very boring IMO

I found TDKR very ambitious, and i think it was bound to fail to some people, i quite enjoyed it, one of my favourite films of the year, but it wasn't that much realist as most would expect from a Nolan Batman film.

I found TDKR very ambitious, and i think it was bound to fail to some people, i quite enjoyed it, one of my favourite films of the year, but it wasn't that much realist as most would expect from a Nolan Batman film.

Yeah im not knocking TDKR, i just did not find it the least bit entertaining for me. I loved Batman Begins and just found the sequels boring honestly. I wish i didnt...

Last edited:
1. The Dark Knight Rises- 9/10
2. The Avengers- 8/10
3. The Amazing Spider-Man 7/10
4. Chronicle- 7/10
5. Ghost Rider: SOV- 4/10

Haven't seen Dredd.

Amazing Spider-man = 9.3
Avengers = 9.2
TDKR = 9.0

All are great movies that make for a legendary year for superhero movies but I gave ASM the edge because it was the first time I enjoyed a Spider-man movie and I'm a Spidey fan.

I haven't seen Dredd (eventually I will) or Ghost Rider 2.

Last edited:
Haven't seen Chronicle.

Ghost Rider = LOL

TASM was....ok.

Dredd was good.

So, really it's between TDKR and Avengers for me. But, if I was forced to choose one or the other then TDKR.

The Dark Knight Rises 4/10
The Avengers 9/10
The Amazing Spider-Man 5/10
Chronicle 4/10
Ghost Rider: SOV- 6/10

I'm still deciding on Dredd. I want to see it in 2D before I judge it properly.

The Dark Knight Rises
The Avengers
Dredd
The Amazing Spider-Man
Chronicle

Ghost Rider

1.) The Dark Knight Rises
2.) The Avengers
3.) Dredd
4.) Chronicle (don't know why this is a choice as it's not really a CBM)
5.) The Amazing Spider-Man
6.) Men In Black 3 (and I don't know why this isn't a choice since it's more of a CBM than Chronicle)

And...didn't watch Ghost Rider: SOV. I feel sorry for anyone who did.

The Dark Knight Rises > The Avengers > The Amazing Spider-Man

I didn't watch the others.

Everyone who didn't see Dredd should flagellate themselves.

TDKR > The Avengers > Dredd > Chronicle > Amazing Spider-Man.

1.) The Dark Knight Rises
2.) The Avengers
3.) Dredd
4.) Chronicle (don't know why this is a choice as it's not really a CBM)
5.) The Amazing Spider-Man
6.) Men In Black 3 (and I don't know why this isn't a choice since it's more of a CBM than Chronicle)

And...didn't watch Ghost Rider: SOV. I feel sorry for anyone who did.

I really tried to watch that piece of ****, but I just couldn't.

Dark Knight Rises is my favorite. Haven't seen Chronicle but I would put it over Ghost Rider 2 anyway.

1. DKR
2. The Avengers
3. Dredd
4. Amazing Spider-Man
5. Chronicle
6. Ghost Rider 2

For the time being

1) The Dark Knight Rises: 9/10
2) The Avengers: 8.5/10
3) The Amazing Spider-Man: 7.5/10
4) Men in Black 3: 7/10
5) Ghost Rider, Spirit of :lmao:: Whatever/10, make sure it's below 6.5

Need to watch the other 2

TDKR. Watched it twice over the weekend and it gets better and better for me with repeat viewings. Avengers didn't work quite as well on home video as the theatrical experience. The laughter and buzz in the crowd was an awesome experience and impossible to replicate at home.

The Dark Knight Rises for me. As you would guess by my username. I dont give numbers out of 10 or star ratings. What **** that is. I enjoy it or I dont. Seen Avengers. Dredd. Ghost Rider and The Amazing Spider-man. Liked them all, but dont want to watch Ghost Rider again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"