Superhero Film of the Year - 2012 Edition

Dark Knight Rises: A+ (seen 7 times, 2 in IMAX)
Dredd: B
Avengers: B (first viewing it was an A for me, but it didn't wow me that much the second time)
Amazing Spider-Man: C (Marvels version of Green Lantern. Pretty Meh)

The Avengers remains top of the list for me. I just enjoyed the heck out of it on the big screen, and i'm making my blu-ray work overtime as well :woot:

Now I rank them:
Chronicle (first one to vote for it =p)
Dark Knight Rises
Amazing Spider-Man
Avengers
Ghost Rider

Chronicle was definitely an underrated film for a superhero film that puts Hancock to shame, but, imo, it was definitely not better than TDKR. After TDKR, I would say Avengers, Dredd, Chronicle, Men in Black 3, TAS-M........Ghost Rider(the same feeling that you have Aziz, lol). Didn't even bother to watch it, but I know it was crap.

So, we're including MIB3 then? In that case, I'd rank them:

The Dark Knight Rises
The Avengers
Dredd
Men In Black 3
The Amazing Spider-Man

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

(Haven't seen Chronicle, though it can't be worse than Ghost Rider)

Well Men in Black did start from a comic, so I don't see why not include them.

Chronicle was definitely an underrated film for a superhero film that puts Hancock to shame, but, imo, it was definitely not better than TDKR. After TDKR, I would say Avengers, Dredd, Chronicle, Men in Black 3, TAS-M........Ghost Rider(the same feeling that you have Aziz, lol). Didn't even bother to watch it, but I know it was crap.
I saw it, definitely recommend against it

if neveldine and taylor were let off the leash, ghost rider 2 could have been good. there were some great moments in it i thought. loved the way the ghost rider himself was portrayed. like a creepy horror movie villain. but it just became boring and muddled. you could tell they were holding back.

anyway i'd rank this years superhero movies dredd first, avengers second, rises third, chronicle, mib3, ghost rider 2 and asm.

So, we're including MIB3 then? In that case, I'd rank them:

The Dark Knight Rises
The Avengers
Dredd
Men In Black 3
The Amazing Spider-Man

(Haven't seen Chronicle, though it can't be worse than Ghost Rider)
The Avengers
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Dark Knight Rises
Chronicle
MIB3
Ghost Rider 2

Haven't seen Dredd

Avengers for me. I explained in another thread, but in short, while TDKR had a better score, cinematography, and villain along with more hard hitting dialogue, Avengers had better writing, structure, action, and was a more fun and entertaining movie to watch for me as it was more consistent with all of the aforementioned subjects.

The Avengers
But TDKR is a close second.

I saw it, definitely recommend against it

I saw the trailer and rated it 1 star :o

Avengers fo'sure. It was just a brilliant movie. It didn't try and pretend to be some artistic genius film as some do:whatever: something all can enjoy, and was pretty close to the comics (though I'd like it to be closer).

Avengers. I was pleasantly surprised by Chronicle and MIB3, and I'm still waiting to see Dredd.

Man, I'm definitely loving Chronicle more and more that I see it, so I might as well have it tied with Dredd at this moment, but TDKR and Avengers still top my list with the former being numero uno.

1. The Dark Knight Rises 9/10
2. The Avengers 8/10
3. The Amazing Spider-Man 5/10

I didn't see the others.

Dredd IS the superhero film of the year. Great action film but also had a lot of great twists to the story, amazing visuals, and was just a blast to watch. It didn't have as many giant, gaping issues unlike TASM, Avengers, and TDKR. (I loved Avengers too, but there was too much CGI for me.)

Dredd was indeed marvelous, but it's hard for me to say it was THAT great simply because I was never a huge fan of Judge Dredd.

^ And the funny thing is that, if a sequel doesn't happen, which seems to be the case since it was never a big hit financially and will undoubtedly just be a cult hit on Blu-ray/DVD, I won't be bothered since I have no idea of any of Dredd's enemies.

Avengers, hands down. Dark KNight a DISTANT second. GR & Spidey were both terrible. And I haven't even seen the other 2.

The Dark Knight Rises: 9/10
Dredd: 8/10
The Avengers: 8/10
The Amazing Spider-Man: 7.5/10
Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance 2/10

Haven't seen Chronicle.

Avengers without a doubt it's the greatest comic book film yet. But other than GR and Dredd which I haven't seen the others are all fantastic.

In this order

Avengers
Dredd
The Dark Knight Rises/Amazing Spider-Man (these two could flip flop)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"