The Dark Knight Superhero Hype! in the Wall Street Journal

it hardly puts us in good light...

it makes us seem like rabid fans fighting for crumbs...

It's funny how few quotes they used from my in-depth interview with them.

"It is possible that some of Mr. Ledger's sound-recording work was incomplete."

That's the line that has me worried.

It's been confirmed that everything to do with Ledger in post has been completed because he signed to film with Terry Gilliam in London, so his stuff had to be done first.

What War Party said. I've heard from some decent sources that the rumbling in Hollywood is that he was 100% done and I have heard this a lot from a lot of other people as well. Do not worry it was done.

The wb quote at the end is reassuring.

It's been confirmed that everything to do with Ledger in post has been completed because he signed to film with Terry Gilliam in London, so his stuff had to be done first.
Yeah Heath would have not leave to film another movie in London if he wasn't finished with TDK's post production in LA.

He was done, I'm sure of it.

It's a good article- actually was very accurate. It didn't talk down on the fans, or mention it as a prequel.

The thing I've been noticing- since Mr. Ledger died, people have been talking about the Joker role as a serious one. Really taking to heart what he said about a serious, psychotic, demonic, unsympathetic, mass murdering clown- not a "comic book villain". I've heard news casters referring to:

"His portrayal of the gruesome serial killer, The Joker, in next years Batman sequel, The Dark Knight."

"Ledger, at the time of his death, had just finished filming his role as the demonic villain the Joker, for the next Batman film, The Dark Knight."

His death, will add a weight of seriousness to this character. Especially with the talk of it having an emotional toll on him as it did. That is becoming public knowledge- MSNBC had a whole debate on it yesterday. I'm feeling that if his performance is a great as we've heard- if this will be a film considered for Oscar, especially his role. I mean- the Academy WILL see this film because it is Mr. Ledger's last...they won't be able to ignore his quality as the character. And it seems it took a man's untimely death to realize that these people in the Nolan films are very serious about these films- not treating them as comic books.

-R

An executive at a rival studio said that while "The Dark Knight" is basically a big-budget movie with tragedy now attached to it, it would be unwise to change the marketing strategy or campaign at this point. "The best thing that could happen is that all this marketing stuff just goes on and the movie and the campaign don't turn into some kind of weird grave marker," he said.

The rival studio is undoubtable Rupert Murdocks other puppet 20th Century Fox. He owns 20th century fox as well as the Wall Street Journal and anything media related that has the word FOX on it. Because of that bastard we have Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity and Fantastic Four.

They Love Us!

They Really Really Love Us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"