Superhero Hype's Award Ceremony 2016

Discussion in 'The SuperHeroHype Awards!' started by Spider-Aziz, Jan 13, 2017.

1. ComicChick I Work Too Much

there's been a few couples on here, some couples before joining, some meeting here.

2. Spider-Aziz Dummy Dragon Holo

:toth
    I had fun hosting this year.

3. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

You did alright Aziz. Not Erz level but then few can. :up:

4. jokesonm3 Jokes For Short.

Top Job Aziz :up:

5. dude stannis Registered

You guys formed a Pit Boys chapter didn't you?

[​IMG]

6. Reek _____

:lmao:

...... :lmao:

In all of awards history... this is the most deserved.

Finally. Justice is done... ISS and DS are no more. You're welcome.
    :cmad:

2 years running... Well done, lad. Well done.
    I'd like to see a piece of his work.

..... I'd like to see a piece of his work.

Yea for real, it's like he's upset he didn't host this year so couldn't decide the winners for himself or something................

Muh girl. kicking ass and taking names.

Thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you very much. Thank you. Please sit down. Please sit down. Thank you. I love you all, but you’ll have to forgive me, I’ve lost my voice in screaming and salting this week, and I have lost my mind sometime earlier this year so I have to read.

Thank you Hype Foreign Press. Just to pick up on what C. Lee said, you and all of us in this room really belong to the most vilified segments in Hype society right now. Think about it: The Hype, foreigners and the press. But who are we? And, you know, what is the Hype anyway? It’s just a bunch of people from other places. I was born and raised and educated in the public schools of Atlanta. Vartha was born in a sharecropper’s cabin in Northwest Arkansas, came up in Central Falls, Rhode Island. Squeekness was born in Virginia, raised by a single mom in Ohio. Krypton INC. was one of seven or eight kids from Brooklyn. Dude Stannis was born in Sydney, Australia and Roose Bolton was born in Dreadfort, Westeros. Where are their birth certificates?

And the handsome Ruth Negga Fisher was born in Seventhcirlce, Helltopia in Lon–no in Ireland, I do believe and he’s here nominated for playing a small town girl from Virginia. SlackBrian, like all the nicest people, is Canadian, and Zenith16 was born in Kenya, raised in London and is here for playing a video with impressive determination. So the Hype is crawling with outsiders and foreigners and if we kick ‘em all out, you’ll have nothing to watch but modball and mixed martial arts threads, which are not the arts.
    They gave me three seconds to say this so… a hypester's only job is to enter the lives of people who are different from us and let you feel what that feels like and there were many, many, many powerful performances this year that did exactly that – breathtaking compassionate work, but there was one performance this year that stunned me.

It sank its hooks in my heart, not because it was good. There was nothing good about it, but it was effective, and it did its job. It made its intended audience laugh and show their teeth. It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our forums imitated a disabled poster, jokesonm3. Someone he outranked in privilege, power, and the capacity to fight back. It kind of broke my heart when I saw it, and I still can’t get it out of my head because it wasn’t in a funny gif. It was real life. And this instinct to humiliate when it's modeled by someone in the public platform by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody’s life ‘cause it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same thing.

Disrespect invites disrespect. Violence incites violence. When the powerful use their position to bully others we all lose. Okay, go up with that thing. Okay, this brings me to the hypesters. We need the principle hypesters to hold power to account, to call them on the carpet for every outrage. That’s why our founders enshrined the hype and its freedoms in our constitution so I only ask the famously well-healed Hype Foreign Press and all of us in our community to join me in supporting the Committee to Protect Newbies ‘cause we’re going to need them going forward and they’ll need us to safeguard the truth.

One more thing: Once when I was standing around in the lounge one day whining about something, you know, we were going to work through supper or the long hours or whatever ComicChick said to me, ‘Isn’t it such a privilege, Cory, just to be a Hypester?’ Yeah it is and we have to remind each other of the privilege and the responsibility of the act of saltification. We should all be very proud of the work The Hype honors here tonight. As my friend the dear departed DarknessofDeath said to me once, ‘Harley Quinn is so yummy, I’d love to do all sorts of unspeakable things to her.’

Thank you Hypesters. May Reek bless you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[YT]gUhRKVIjJtw[/YT]

#181 Reek, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  7. jokesonm3 Jokes For Short.

Love you too Boo. :o

8. Reek _____

You would have NO awards if not for me son.

9. jokesonm3 Jokes For Short.

Gee thanks coach.

10. jokesonm3 Jokes For Short.

Reek, real talk though, you deserve it.

Congratulations mate. :)

11. Reek _____

12. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Sorry I wasn't around for the live show, but ya kinda made it at a weird time for the US posters, lol:

[​IMG]

Awww, you guys! First of all, thanks to all who voted for me, and to those who didn't - The Community wouldn't be what it is without all of y'all!

Thank you to Aziz for putting this whole thing together and for using one of my favorite video game scores as the theme music for this award. :hrt:

Thanks to CC for bringing me on as a Community mod and continuing to be the best role model a young mod could ask for (and yes, I realize we're the same age, but ya know, mod seniority and all that). And shout outs to C.Lee, Kelly, Hunter and all the other elder mods for their constant guidance and support.

Thanks to the previously banned user who made that petition to get myself and others removed as mods from this site. Did wonders for garnering the sympathy vote.

Thanks to Fiona Apple for teaching 11-year-old me that this world is bull****. I might not have been prepared for 2016 if it weren't for you.

Thanks to Reek and his posse for the headaches. And for keeping the Lounge alive.

And congrats to all the other winners!

[​IMG]

13. ComicChick I Work Too Much

aww thanks FlickChick, this means a lot

14. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I just spoke truth. :highfive:

15. Spider-Aziz Dummy Dragon Holo

To every satisfied guest, I say.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sorry. :O

I love the track, didn't think you love it more. :yay:
    Glad I made this choice. :up:

16. enterthemadness The Triumvirate

I won? Clearly the board is being sold or something.

17. Spider-Aziz Dummy Dragon Holo

I won an award too.
    There is plenty to be in awe of.

18. Reek _____

Again, vote totals...

19. Spider-Aziz Dummy Dragon Holo

I'm sorry.

#194 Spider-Aziz, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  20. Reek _____

Community Poster:
    Reek = 11
    Roose Bolton = 1
    flickchick85 = 12
    Spider-Aziz = 1

:wow: SHE CHEATED! RUSSIA! BERNIE SANDERS! LOCK HER UP! LOCKER HER UP!

21. ComicChick I Work Too Much

i can't believe you actually posted those :down:

22. Spider-Aziz Dummy Dragon Holo

23. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Agreed. Bad form.

24. enterthemadness The Triumvirate

Bad form is admitting I didnt vote at all...and still won an award. :mnm:

25. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

It's ridiculous for posting only 8 times in a forum and winning an award for said forum.