SuperHeroHype!: A Family Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I meant about the standards of the hype. It seems that a lot of people think the rules are too strict.

That's their issue, not ours. I joined this site at 19 [and had been lurking since I was 15 or 16] and not once have I had to decide against doing something simply because of adlut-content. To be quite honest, the only times I've had to worry about whether or not to post something at all, were because I knew I'd need serious answers or replies, and I knew I wouldn't get them here.

I really don't see what the issue is. It's not THAT hard to NOT talk about anything in a PG-13 manner. Not everything in life has to be extreme sex, extreme violence, and extreme language.

Also, if you think WE are strict with our rule enforcement, check out Something Awful [and you have to PAY for your account and features there]!

Saying that, I think the Hype is more teen/twenties-oriented. Take a look at just about any thread in any of the forums and the regular posters. Fitness threads, religion threads, 300 threads, etc. wouldn't be very high on a kid's priority list (in my mind). However, that's not to say this place isn't family-friendly, just overrun with older posters.

That line right there is the pinnacle of the discussion. That's what I've been saying since day one.

The only people who openly complained about his avatar were Squeakness and Alexia Dark. I don't mean to be frank but since when did just two non-mods opinions matter?

We had more complaints than just those two, but they didn't come out with them publically.

:oldrazz: WILHELM!!!!!......WILHELM!!!!!!......WILHELM!!!!
042804_khaaaan.PNG

If I had kids, I wouldn't let them post here. Look at the name of the Hype Lounge and you'll see what I mean.

I would just like to state for the record that I did not report the "girl's kissing" avatar. I told BHK that I thought it was innappropriate for a board that I know young kids post on, but I did not tell him to take it down. Nor would have reported him if he didn't.

I did however report the avatar he immdiately changed it to after I said what I did. The second avatar came down real fast after that and I assumed that it was because the second one was offensive enough to be removed. If I complain about an avatar and my complaint is unjustified, I would expect a mod to tell me. It has been done in the past. Since a mod did not tell me my complaint was unjustified, and the avvy came down so quickly I felt my complaint was taken seriously and acted on. Most of you did not see the one that I actually complained about.

I would just like to say that since most of you are guys, you seem to think that all of us want to see these sex oriented avvys when that simply isn't the case at all. I wonder how many complaints I would get if I had posted a similar avatar with two guys? Anyone who knows me, would know that I am not the least bit homophobic and could watch two guys make out all day. But that doesn't mean I would want to make the rest of you see that. I don't force my particular tastes on anyone and I don't want them being forced on me. I just don't see why such avvy's are even neccessary on a board that is supposed to be work safe and okay for younger posters.

But since when is kissing inappropriate and not work safe? :huh:
(I didn't see either avatar, but I'm talking about one of girls kissing.)

But since when is kissing inappropriate and not work safe? :huh:
(I didn't see either avatar, but I'm talking about one of girls kissing.)
It was the kind of kissing... but again, I didn't report that particular avvy and wouldn't have.

It was the kind of kissing... but again, I didn't report that particular avvy and wouldn't have.
Yes. I saw that you did not report it, but you said you still deemed it "inappropriate".
I see people kissing all the time, on TV, in rated G movies, on commercials, passionately, Venom Drool and Sofa kissing is an avatar...

I think the issue is that you're more homophobic than you want to believe.
WITH, two girls kissing. I have stated, I didn't see the second "horribly offensive and inappropriate and innocence-destroying" avatar.

What was the avvy Squeek ? b/c when i looked at your report i just saw the kissing one

What was the avvy Squeek ? b/c when i looked at your report i just saw the kissing one
A gal bent over, removing her shorts. She was all wet and I don't think she was wearing any underwear. The custom user title was equally offensive. I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was pretty bad. It was the avvy/user title that got me upset.

A gal bent over, removing her shorts. She was all wet and I don't think she was wearing any underwear. The custom user title was equally offensive. I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was pretty bad. It was the avvy/user title that got me upset.

Oh yeah i know that one,well i saw the large gif when i made it for him and although the girl was wet nothing was visible

Oh yeah i know that one,well i saw the large gif when i made it for him and although the girl was wet nothing was visible
So you think that is okay for an all ages board?

As the Bible says, "To the pure, all things are pure. To the impure, all things are impure."
So visibility isn't really relevant to those who have dirty minds. :(

it's not breaking any rules... I don't see the problem...

it's not breaking any rules... I don't see the problem...
It is a problem when I was made to agree to certain things when I registered here. The general jist of what I agreed to had me to beleive that I should not post anything that I would not want a 13 year old to see. Clearly that is not the case here and the agreement should changed.

I'm guessing that's one of the reasons why we have an "ignore poster" feature...

It is a problem when I was made to agree to certain things when I registered here. The general jist of what I agreed to had me to beleive that I should not post anything that I would not want a 13 year old to see. Clearly that is not the case here and the agreement should changed.

If that's the way you feel about it then I understand. I should have the same right to complain about Majik's previous Nightwing+Batman avatar should something similar arrive in the future :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"