Superman and Batman #25 spoilers LMAO

the only arc i really hated was the one before this one.

Fledermaus said:
Is Superman/Batman ever going to be marked One Year Later? I'm pretty sure "With a Vengeance" was supposed to be over before Infinite Crisis started. Anybody have any ideas what exactly the timeline here is?
Funniest Line:
Joker: "Why doesn't anybody remember when I had your magic? When "I" - -the great me - - was emperor of everything?!"
Mxyzptlk: "They don't remember because I don't want them to remember. That... and they haven't collected those stories into a trade paperback yet...

and not to be an *******, but you would think, after losing his son, Loeb would have took a few months off.

Chances are he was writing when his son was still sick and the past arc was written before his son died.

I got the idea from "With A Vengeance" that Myx is supposed to represent the DC Editors or something similar. Mentioning Emperor Joker hasn't been collected in a trade, and that he doesn't want people to remember the story.

Also, I think when they showed a flash back of Lex from the last panel of issue 6, I think him knowing that Clark is Superman might have been Jephs original idea, but then came DCs editors saying that'd be a bad idea and making him change the line to the crisis foreshadowing.

Anyone else agree?

Also, Jeph did take some time off. Which is why Supergirl and Superman/Batman had a messed up shipping schedule.

I applaud him for finishing up as fast as he did. I also commend him for taking on other high profile projects like the Ultimates and not just wallowing in pity.

In a universe with dark knights and men of steel, Jeph Loeb is a true hero.

Just look at the "Hot List This Week" on the back. It has "Sgt. Rock - Prophecy #1", which was out 5 months ago. The book is horribly behind schedule and just horrible, too. Every plot has been nonsense. There's nothing good about it. Should just be cancelled.

Atleast Loeb is moving to Marvel now. Oh dear god, he's doing Ultimates 3! Crap.

You live up to your name joke.

Funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Unless of course you are talking in Bizarro speak.

"Me hate Batman/Superman. Worst book comic never. Me no make nonsense of plot. Nothing is terrible. Me hate book so much me never read again. Loeb not doing Ultimates 3. Me am so disappointed. Me not wait impatiently for first issue."

Talk like that and you won't look like such an idiot for reading a book you hate so much.

Purple Man said:
Back to Metallo and Atomic Skull. Metallo didn't want to be captured by the new Toyman. Toyboys father or whatever created the metal Metallo is made out of. I'm sure he will get a similar body back. Maybe just not infected with the B13 technology.
But Corben did want his human body back. That's why he was digging it up in the very first issue. The fact that he was abducted doesn't change the fact that he wanted to be human again (God knows why).
As for Atomic Skull. Maybe the bullet that was shot at him was radioactive and caused a chain reaction that resulted in the BOOM!!
That's kind of stretching for an explanation, isn't it?

Maybe he became more like the Metallo in the Superman animated series, where he was bitter when he realized that he couldn't physically feel anything anymore.

I don't find it a bad thing that he wanted to be human again. Being super powerful with a kryptonite heart may be fun for a while, but eventually you might get sick of being a machine that is only good for getting your butt kicked by Superman.

And I don't see a problem with someone called the Atomic Skull exploding after getting shot in the head. Maybe being alive was the only thing keeping his energy at bay. So once he dies he lets loose his atomic energy. Like a persons bowels when they die.

If it doesn't fit with prior portrayals of the character with no explanation, I'd say that's pretty bad.

So characters can't have a change of heart?

They can't say "I'm sick of the way my life is going. I want to change it." ?

I think it's a more accurate potrayal than a villain who keeps coming back to get his ass kicked.

Of course they can. You missed the "with no explanation" part. A change so drastic that the fundamental personality of the character is different kind of deserves an explanation rather than just a random, unexplained new appearance where the character's totally different.

****ing Bat-Mite, man! Bat-mother****ing-Mite! hell yeah :D:D:up:

Flederamaus said:
Joker: "Why doesn't anybody remember when I had your magic? When "I" - -the great me - - was emperor of everything?!"
Mxyzptlk: "They don't remember because I don't want them to remember. That... and they haven't collected those stories into a trade paperback yet...

yeah i read that mxy quote too...

THEY'RE BREAKING THE 4TH WALL!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHH!!! Its over its alll over!!!!!!!!!!

kiuju2k said:
yeah i read that mxy quote too...

THEY'RE BREAKING THE 4TH WALL!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHH!!! Its over its alll over!!!!!!!!!!

Uh...Mxy's been doing that for a while now. :o

MaskedManJRK said:
How does Bat-Mite enter the picture? Do tell me, please. :)

Years ago the Joker tricked Mxyzptlk into giving him his power. The Joker with the power of Mxyzptlk wreaked havoc, of course. This is how Bizarro entered post-crisis continuity - the Joker created him. Eventually Superman helps Mxyzptlk get his power back.

What we find out in this story is that a portion of Mxyzptlk's power still resides in the Joker and now Mxyzptlk has come to get it back. So he and the Joker play this cosmic game with Batman and Superman.

When Mxy's residual power finally escapes from the Joker, it is manifested as Bat-Mite.

Leave it to Loeb to find a way of fitting Bat-Mite into post-crisis continuity.

Lackey said:
Leave it to Loeb to find a way of fitting Bat-Mite into post-crisis continuity.

Don't forget he also weaseled in Composite Superman, Lightning Lord, Saturn Queen and Cosmic King into post-crisis continuity as well.

Purple Man said:
Maybe he became more like the Metallo in the Superman animated series, where he was bitter when he realized that he couldn't physically feel anything anymore.
Now that's where it stops making any sense at all. As I said on the previous page,
He had control over virtually all forms of machinery, didn't need kryptonite to survive, was as strong as Superman, and contrary to what S:TAS would have you believe, he could feel just as much as you or me.
In the comics, his senses were perfectly intact as a cyborg, unlike in S:TAS.

MaskedManJRK said:
Uh...Mxy's been doing that for a while now. :o

Yeah. In Adventures of Superman, he's actually transported to the DC editorial offices and interupted his conversation with Superman to compliment Paul Dini on the episode of Duck Dodgers he wrote.

LOL

No way!!! Do you by chance know the issue? I'd like to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"