Superman & Lois Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best news ever

Hoechlin deserves it. He’s an incredible Superman. Far superior in execution to Cavill’s wooden, lifeless performance

I’m incredibly hyped

Why can't we just get a good Superman movie?? Why is this the only thing we're getting with this property in the next few years

Because gatekeepers are only concerned with Superman on film being exactly what he was in 1978 and nothing else. Then when that's done again, like in Returns, it's not enough.

Been waiting for something like this for a long, long time.

But...they couldn't call it CLARK & LOIS?

I'm kind of okay with no Superman movie for a while if the tradeoff is a solid, high quality Superman series with ongoing adventures, character development, etc, and its own interaction in a shared universe.

Also, looks like Jon Cryer might have steady work for a while. Unless we lose him during Crisis.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see the approach as a lot of Superman-y stuff has been covered in Supergirl. And we've recently had Krypton.

I wonder if this will be set after Crisis - could be a prequel?! Will it take a cue from the 'Rebirth' Superman comics

James/Jimmy will no doubt cross over.

But a very exciting development that I look forward to following!

If I had to choose ONE writer from the Arrowverse to make this show, it would be Helbing, as he gave me the best eps of the Flash in its early days, and Tyler’s already my favorite live-action portrayal of the role, so I am stoked for this!

I haven’t been too fond of Tulloch as Lois, but oh well, I’ll get over it. Also, given the title, I’m kind of expecting we’re in for a modern day Lois & Clark, but with a much better Superman, and that thought alone makes me smile.

I’m honestly a little in shock this is actually happening, lol. I never thought it was a real possibility.

Because gatekeepers are only concerned with Superman on film being exactly what he was in 1978 and nothing else. Then when that's done again, like in Returns, it's not enough.
Actually I think most people just wanted good movies with a likable Superman.

At least with this show, we’ve already got the likable Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"