BvS Superman/Batman comics worth checking out.

NosfeRomas

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was aware of the Superman/Batman sort of World's Finest ongoing that ran from 2003 till 2011 but i never read any of the issues or picked up any trades. I first heard of it when Joeph Loeb's son passed away and i remember watching a news coverage or something like that.

Is it a good comic ? Are there any story arcs worth reading or could Goyer and Snyder adapt any one of those stories for the upcoming Batman/Superman film.

Discuss.....!

I've been absolutley LOVING the newest released series "Batman/Superman" By Greg Pak. The art by Jae Lee is also phenomenal and monumentally amazing for this story arc.

We are two issues in. I highly recommend you to check it out. I personally, love this new series:
14.jpg

batman_superman_2.jpg

The Dark Knight Returns

Couldn't resist.

The Dark Knight Returns

Couldn't resist.

Well regardless of opinion it does feature a monumental moment in the two characters history. I have problems with it but some of the imagey is amazing.

dark-knight-return.jpg

images

images

Batman-DKR.jpg

Edit

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing written by Frank Miller. That's pretty much all you need to know.

People love to hate on Jeph Loeb but his work on Superman/Batman is enjoyable and I encourage people to pick it up.

Absolutely nothing written by Frank Miller. That's pretty much all you need to know.

People love to hate on Jeph Loeb but his work on Superman/Batman is enjoyable and I encourage people to pick it up.

I don't care much for Batman or Superman's characterisations in the Dark Knight Returns in terms of canon but as else worlds its damn interesting. My problems aside its one bad place of a book. I would read anything of Millers post Year One that's for sure.

I agree on the bottom though, Jeph Loeb's run on Superman Batman was fantastic.

I read Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite because it was one of the books Cavill read in preparation for MOS (despite the lack of K).

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I've never been a fan of the Superman/Batman relationship because I had a hard time seeing how they could get along but the writers did a good job and it makes me want to read more of them together.

The ending is a little complicated because it was part shock, part deus ex machina, and part clever but I'd definitely recommend it.

Now despite the fact that I purchased this book recently at a comic shop, apparently I was lucky because it is out of print so keep a sharp eye.

Last edited:
I read Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite because it was one of the books Cavill read in preparation for MOS (despite the lack of K).

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I've never been a fan of the Superman/Batman relationship because I had a hard time seeing how they could get along but the writers did a good job and it makes me want to read more of them together.

The ending is a little complicated because it was part shock, part deus ex machina, and part clever but I'd definitely recommend it.

Now despite the face that I purchased this book recently at a comic shop, apparently I was lucky because it is out of print so keep a sharp eye.

Yeah I tried and faied to get it

Now despite the fact that I purchased this book recently at a comic shop, apparently I was lucky because it is out of print so keep a sharp eye.

Good call. I had it in my hands last week but will probably be getting it next Wednesday. Heard it's a great read. Hearing Cavill mention that story had to of boasted sales for Super-fans.

Last edited:
DCAU Is not a comic, but is a good representation of the supes/bats relation.

DCAU Is not a comic, but is a good representation of the supes/bats relation.

It started off well but it got worse, the best moment for me between these two was in Starcrossed when Clark saved Bruce.

But once we hit JLU all Batman did was give Superman lectures at every turn. Worst of which was in the Doomsday Sanction when Superman sent Doomsday to the Phantom Zone and Bruce accused him if been like the Justice Lords. Ermm Bruce what was he supposed to do with an unstoppable killing machine.

Maybe I am misremembering the episode, but I thought Bruce was unhappy that Clark lobotomized Doomsday, not that he sent him to the Phantom Zone. The Justice Lords Superman ALSO lobotomized Doomsday, hence the connection... Bruce was worried this was the beginning of the end.

Maybe I am misremembering the episode, but I thought Bruce was unhappy that Clark lobotomized Doomsday, not that he sent him to the Phantom Zone. The Justice Lords Superman ALSO lobotomized Doomsday, hence the connection... Bruce was worried this was the beginning of the end.

Hmmm tried to but it didn't work and I think Bruce was definitely unhappy that he'd passed judgement on him by sending him to the Phantom Zone. But even then what was Superman supposed to do?

Last edited:
I've been absolutley LOVING the newest released series "Batman/Superman" By Greg Pak. The art by Jae Lee is also phenomenal and monumentally amazing for this story arc.
I second this. It's a great book so far. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"