BvS Superman/batman production and filming news, pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
I made this thread to only discuss about BvS FILMING news, pictures, etc.

HERE'S THE FIRST ONE.

From Deadline.

There has been a change in plans for Fox’s high profile drama project The Middle Man, which has a pilot order and has been on track to series under Fox’s new development model. Oscar winner Ben Affleck, who was set to helm in his pilot directing debut, had to pull out because of scheduling issues with Zack Snyder’s Batman vs. Superman movie, in which Affleck plays Batman. While Warner Bros. recently pushed the release date for the movie from 2015 to 2016, word is that production is not being delayed and the main players have been summoned to start work right away. Additionally, I hear Affleck has other film commitments in the spring, when The Middle Man pilot is scheduled to shoot. Casting on Middle Man had been well under way with auditions already scheduled. That now has been put on hold until Fox brass figure out a course of action.

source: http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/fox...direct/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GREAT NEWS!!!

Superman/Batman is big news. It gets top billing coverage from every major news outlet. It makes no sense to bury a big production change in the middle of another article, especially on Deadline. If the other trades don't confirm this change it's very likely to be untrue.

Nice to see this thread started. Maybe we'll get an official picture soon before filming starts.

Here you go.....

14e9euv.jpg

MR. FREEZE CONFIRMED! :wow:

Well that picture confirms Killer Croc is in town.
th_redface.gif

Superman/Batman is big news. It gets top billing coverage from every major news outlet. It makes no sense to bury a big production change in the middle of another article, especially on Deadline. If the other trades don't confirm this change it's very likely to be untrue.

That was in the first paragraph of the article. What are you talking about?

The truth of the matter is that the actual start of principal photography was never released. The Michigan Film Office originally stated that the filming would start sometime in the first quarter of 2014. Outlets like Screen Rant ran with that and assumed that filming would be in February but no one actually really knew the date. The first quarter of 2014 runs from January to March, so the end of March could even be a possible date. Speaking of the Michigan Film Office, this week they reported that although a date for the start and completion of filming in Metro Detroit and other areas haven't been confirmed yet, as spokesperson for the film office did say that filming will likely start this spring (which could be any time from March 20th to June 20th).

Last edited:
The truth of the matter is that the actual start of principal photography was never released. The Michigan Film Office originally stated that the filming would start sometime in the first quarter of 2014. Outlets like Screen Rant ran with that and assumed that filming would be in February but no one actually really knew the date. First quarter of 2014 runs from January to March, so the end of march could even be an official date. Speaking of the Michigan Film Office, this week they reported that although a date for the start and completion of filming in Metro Detroit and other areas haven't been confirmed yet, as spokesperson for the film office did say that filming will likely start this spring (which could be any time from March 20th to June 20th).

My name is Cam Brady and I aprove this message.

Seriously thank you for not going off rumors.

The truth of the matter is that the actual start of principal photography was never released. The Michigan Film Office originally stated that the filming would start sometime in the first quarter of 2014. Outlets like Screen Rant ran with that and assumed that filming would be in February but no one actually really knew the date. First quarter of 2014 runs from January to March, so the end of march could even be an official date. Speaking of the Michigan Film Office, this week they reported that although a date for the start and completion of filming in Metro Detroit and other areas haven't been confirmed yet, as spokesperson for the film office did say that filming will likely start this spring (which could be any time from March 20th to June 20th).
That's already debunked by this.

There has been a change in plans for Fox’s high profile drama project The Middle Man, which has a pilot order and has been on track to series under Fox’s new development model. Oscar winner Ben Affleck, who was set to helm in his pilot directing debut, had to pull out because of scheduling issues with Zack Snyder’s Batman vs. Superman movie, in which Affleck plays Batman. While Warner Bros. recently pushed the release date for the movie from 2015 to 2016, word is that production is not being delayed and the main players have been summoned to start work right away. Additionally, I hear Affleck has other film commitments in the spring, when The Middle Man pilot is scheduled to shoot. Casting on Middle Man had been well under way with auditions already scheduled. That now has been put on hold until Fox brass figure out a course of action.

and it's from Deadline.

Last edited:
That's already debunked by this

and it's from Deadline.

The thing is that no one really knew when production was to start in the first place. It was as vague as the first quarter of this year and now seems like sometime this spring. Even that Deadline article can not nail down a specific date and just because you have been summoned to go to work right away does not indicate what date you are supposed to start.

The thing is that no one really knew when production was to start in the first place. It was as vague as the first quarter of this year and now seems like sometime this spring. Even that Deadline article can not nail down a specific date and just because you have been summoned to go to work right away does not indicate what date you are supposed to start.

Correct but it says "right away" and that the production hasn't been delayed. That's the thing and sure they didn't give us date but 2nd quarter of year is not happening.

The question I had is;
Does this "confirm" that Gadot will not be filming till she's more bulked and also that only will have a minor presence in BvS but also giving us the clue that she will have a major part in the JL movie that may start filming back to back with BvS?

Assuming they have been summoned to work but wont start right away,
What signs do we look for that tell us they have begun filming ?
Will they announce it or just get started ?

Last edited:
Production has been delayed and crew that was supposed to be in Detroit starting last week was sent home. Maybe they're stating up somewhere else.

I've lost count on how many times you've already said that man. :funny:

Much of key crew were supposed to arrive in Detroit Jan. 16, where they'd be for seven months.

Production has been delayed and crew that was supposed to be in Detroit starting last week was sent home. Maybe they're starting up somewhere else.

Perhaps a change in plans?

So have I...but some need reminding I guess. :oldrazz::woot:
Man the thing that production has been delayed was not confirmed by WB.
Only they confirmed the 2016 date.
seeing this new article and if you noticed Snyder's on Michigan, also Cavill, Affleck is not available due to start filming BvS right away. so..

As I mentioned elsewhere, you don't suddenly do a 180 again on something like this without it being an even bigger mess than rescheduling to begin with. Likely, if this was possible, they wouldn't have decided on a delay to begin with. It's not something you do lightly, and much of your hiring revolves around scheduling...you throw their original 7-moth slot for a spin, many are out of work suddenly for the netter part of a year and get on another show. Then another week later it' 'come on back'? Again, it's possible, but it would be vert screwy if true. The main thing is that the initial delay/reschedule was definite....and they'd have a huge scramble on their hands if they took a mulligan on that.

But y'know what....if things were messed up enough to bring about a last minute reschedule to begin with, an 'un-reschedule' a week later might be par the course. :O Not exactly a smooth way to kick things off.

I'll say this once more...it was confirmed to me by someone who's working on the film in a pretty major capacity. He went out there the 16th and was sent back home to NYC because the entire film decided to reschedule. Snyder is in Mich. for a location scout...which films often do several months before actually filming since it takes a while to secure and prep these paces....ESPECIALLY in a major city. Location scouting should have been all finished quite a while ago if they were to start actual production around now.

Production was OFFICIALLY pushed/delayed, that is a fact.....so that would mean it's been un-delayed somehow if they are 'still on the original schedule'. Haven't heard from the person I know on this second part yet, but I would since we're actually working together right now.

I kinda believe you but at the same time I don't... I guess we'll just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"