BvS Superman/batman production and filming news, pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Believe'? I'm not basing things off a rumor here, or assuming this person is sent home. He was in my apartment in NYC yesterday, and earlier directly confirmed that the schedule was pushed. This isn't some online movie-blog or what have you, this is a real person.

Edit: Oh you mean the 'likelihood' of a re-re-schedule et al? Well...I can understand emotionally some fans wanting things to seem all on the up-and-up and get news/tidbits/releases sooner. I'm not making this stuff up though, it's based o personal experience as well, since I actually work in film. But just be patient, it'll all come out eventually, and hopefully they are taking this extra time to get things better.

Basically they are heavy into pre production work and will start doing some light filming in Michigan in Feb, but full on principal photography in April/May.

This is what I feel is happening along with Terrios rewrites and Goyer starting work on the JL story.

Well , if they are getting ready than production has clearly not halted .
Sounds good to me .

As I mentioned elsewhere, you don't suddenly do a 180 again on something like this without it being an even bigger mess than rescheduling to begin with. Likely, if this was possible, they wouldn't have decided on a delay to begin with. It's not something you do lightly, and much of your hiring revolves around scheduling...you throw their original 7-moth slot for a spin, many are out of work suddenly for the netter part of a year and get on another show. Then another week later it' 'come on back'? Again, it's possible, but it would be vert screwy if true. The main thing is that the initial delay/reschedule was definite....and they'd have a huge scramble on their hands if they took a mulligan on that.

But y'know what....if things were messed up enough to bring about a last minute reschedule to begin with, an 'un-reschedule' a week later might be par the course. :O Not exactly a smooth way to kick things off.

I'll say this once more...it was confirmed to me by someone who's working on the film in a pretty major capacity. He went out there the 16th and was sent back home to NYC because the entire film decided to reschedule. Snyder is in Mich. for a location scout...which films often do several months before actually filming since it takes a while to secure and prep these paces....ESPECIALLY in a major city. Location scouting should have been all finished quite a while ago if they were to start actual production around now.

Production was OFFICIALLY pushed/delayed, that is a fact.....so that would mean it's been un-delayed somehow if they are 'still on the original schedule'. Haven't heard from the person I know on this second part yet, but I would since we're actually working together right now.

As one pal said "I kinda believe you but at the same time I don't... I guess we'll just wait and see".

I came here expecting no pics...I was not disappointed.

At least that means that you can have faith in something ,lol!

So it is World's Finest or MOS: World's Finest? :hmm

And as I said, there are facts here, not all hypotheses...so....
Pal sorry but don't agree with you on that. the official stuff, Facts, are only:

"We are happy to take advantage of these coveted summer dates, which are perfect for two of our biggest tentpole releases," Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman said in a statement. "We share the fans' excitement to see DC Comics' most popular figures, Superman and Batman, together on the big screen for the first time, which will now be arriving in theaters in May 2016."

Said by HollywoodReporter.

and all of the production delayed were only hypotheses (which was not confirmed, but if it's please give me a reliable source that WB said so).

Deadline (a pretty good and reliable source) said:

There has been a change in plans for Fox’s high profile drama project The Middle Man, which has a pilot order and has been on track to series under Fox’s new development model. Oscar winner Ben Affleck, who was set to helm in his pilot directing debut, had to pull out because of scheduling issues with Zack Snyder’s Batman vs. Superman movie, in which Affleck plays Batman. While Warner Bros. recently pushed the release date for the movie from 2015 to 2016, word is that production is not being delayed and the main players have been summoned to start work right away. Additionally, I hear Affleck has other film commitments in the spring, when The Middle Man pilot is scheduled to shoot. Casting on Middle Man had been well under way with auditions already scheduled. That now has been put on hold until Fox brass figure out a course of action.

I think IMO they already had the BvS script done (maybe a few improvements) but Amy Adams said by herself that the script was done.
So I see the delayed date to make production of 2 back to back films (BvS and JL) to be 2016/2017.

Last edited:
Did you read my facts? They aren't stuff that you find published in film blogs and movie-news sits.

Like I said, there WAS an official delay as crew confirmed. Have they just re-RE-scheduled it back again today? Possibly...but that would mean getting a lot of crew back and a major 180...again. Although a lot of that is unlikely without some serious issues, it's not impossible like I said. But to surmise that there never was a delay in production is simply not true, it did happen. This isn't from some imaginary person who never existed or was never on it.

Then why Cavill is on Michigan now?
I don't know man, you may have a point but perhaps there wasn't a delayed of production. As you know we've never been told when exactly the production starts. So it can be soon but we need really more info and wait and see what happens.

That's already debunked by this

and it's from Deadline.

It's not been debunked. Deadline is not infallible. Rule of thumb in this industry is unless all of the trades (i.e. Variety, THR, Deadline and The Wrap) report the same news it's not official news. Deadline has been wrong. THR has been wrong. Variety has been wrong. Wrap has been wrong. Considering A) none of the other trades picked up that info, B) it was buried in another article -- VERY unlike Deadline who are exclusive happy, and C) the WB press release has conflicting information, it's probably not true.

For those who missed it, here's the press release in full:

---------------------------------------

[PRESS RELEASE] BURBANK, CA – January 17, 2014 – Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that the release of Zack Snyder’s untitled Superman/Batman film has been moved to May 6, 2016, allowing the filmmakers time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story. The decision was made following the shift of the start of production to second quarter of this year.

The Studio has also set a July 17, 2015, worldwide release date for its as-yet-untitled all-new Peter Pan adventure. Joe Wright will direct the epic live-action film about the boy who would never grow up, created by J.M. Barrie. The dual date announcement was made by Dan Fellman, President, Domestic Distribution, and Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, President, International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

In making the announcement, Fellman stated, “We are happy to take advantage of these coveted summer dates, which are perfect for two of our biggest tentpole releases. We share the fans’ excitement to see DC Comics’ most popular figures, Superman and Batman, together on the big screen for the first time, which will now be arriving in theatres in May 2016. Peter Pan has delighted people of every generation for more than a century, so we are thrilled to bring him back to the screen next summer for today’s moviegoers.”

Kwan Vandenberg added, “We know that there is already great anticipation building for the next Super Hero film from Zack Snyder, and we are equally eager to see what he has in store for Superman and Batman as they share the big screen for the first time ever. The summer release corridor is also perfect for Joe Wright’s ambitious new Peter Pan adventure, reimagining the ageless story of the beloved and forever-young hero for audiences worldwide.”

Zack Snyder’s Superman/Batman film stars Henry Cavill, reprising his role as Superman/Clark Kent, and Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. The film will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, and also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince.

Snyder will direct the film from a screenplay written by David S. Goyer, from a story co-created by Goyer and Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers.

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, Batman characters created by Bob Kane, and Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston, published by DC Entertainment.

------------------------------------

Same goes for THR reporting Terrio is involved. It's not in the press release and they're alone is saying he's involved.

The pecking order of accurate news is: Studio press release > Trades (plural) > major news outlets (i.e. EW, TV guide) > Actor/director/producer interviews > aggregate news outlets > blogs/fansites > Twitter/Facebook/messageboards

My entire point here is that nobody really knew exactly when the production was to start. The first Quarter of the year or sometime in spring are vague time-frames so it's kind of hard to tell if there were any delays (sort of a plausible denyability there). Outside of what the Michigan Film Office has reported (that due to schedule changes filming would start sometime in spring) it is really hard to actually say that the production was delayed or not. As far as production crews reporting in January, it doesn't seem to be uncommon to have people show up early to a work site. That in no way indicates that production (i.e. principal photography - which is what this thread is about) has started yet.

Then why Cavill is on Michigan now?
I don't know man, you may have a point but perhaps there wasn't a delayed of production. As you know we've never been told when exactly the production starts. So it can be soon but we need really more info and wait and see what happens.

Wasn't there a picture of Zack Snyder in Michigan posted yesterday or something?

ZackSnyderMSUScouting.jpg

It's not been debunked. Deadline is not infallible. Rule of thumb in this industry is unless all of the trades (i.e. Variety, THR, Deadline and The Wrap) report the same news it's not official news. Deadline has been wrong. THR has been wrong. Variety has been wrong. Wrap has been wrong. Considering A) none of the other trades picked up that info, B) it was buried in another article -- VERY unlike Deadline who are exclusive happy, and C) the WB press release has conflicting information, it's probably not true.

For those who missed it, here's the press release in full:

---------------------------------------

[PRESS RELEASE] BURBANK, CA – January 17, 2014 – Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that the release of Zack Snyder’s untitled Superman/Batman film has been moved to May 6, 2016, allowing the filmmakers time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story. The decision was made following the shift of the start of production to second quarter of this year.

The Studio has also set a July 17, 2015, worldwide release date for its as-yet-untitled all-new Peter Pan adventure. Joe Wright will direct the epic live-action film about the boy who would never grow up, created by J.M. Barrie. The dual date announcement was made by Dan Fellman, President, Domestic Distribution, and Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, President, International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

In making the announcement, Fellman stated, “We are happy to take advantage of these coveted summer dates, which are perfect for two of our biggest tentpole releases. We share the fans’ excitement to see DC Comics’ most popular figures, Superman and Batman, together on the big screen for the first time, which will now be arriving in theatres in May 2016. Peter Pan has delighted people of every generation for more than a century, so we are thrilled to bring him back to the screen next summer for today’s moviegoers.”

Kwan Vandenberg added, “We know that there is already great anticipation building for the next Super Hero film from Zack Snyder, and we are equally eager to see what he has in store for Superman and Batman as they share the big screen for the first time ever. The summer release corridor is also perfect for Joe Wright’s ambitious new Peter Pan adventure, reimagining the ageless story of the beloved and forever-young hero for audiences worldwide.”

Zack Snyder’s Superman/Batman film stars Henry Cavill, reprising his role as Superman/Clark Kent, and Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. The film will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, and also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince.

Snyder will direct the film from a screenplay written by David S. Goyer, from a story co-created by Goyer and Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers.

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, Batman characters created by Bob Kane, and Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston, published by DC Entertainment.

------------------------------------

Same goes for THR reporting Terrio is involved. It's not in the press release and they're alone is saying he's involved.

The pecking order of accurate news is: Studio press release > Trades (plural) > major news outlets (i.e. EW, TV guide) > Actor/director/producer interviews > aggregate news outlets > blogs/fansites > Twitter/Facebook/messageboards

the bold part "The decision was made following the shift of the start of production to second quarter of this year." not a confirmation by WB.

The WB statment is this...

Fellman stated, “We are happy to take advantage of these coveted summer dates, which are perfect for two of our biggest tentpole releases. We share the fans’ excitement to see DC Comics’ most popular figures, Superman and Batman, together on the big screen for the first time, which will now be arriving in theatres in May 2016.

When those sites Variety, THR, Deadline and The Wrap said smth that's it's almost confirmed or followed by WB confirmation.

Last edited:
Wait, you're saying the statement -- IN the WB press release -- is an assumption BY the studio? Good god

I have no idea, but it could be a number of things. Early pre-pro/costume, VFX, ...coudl be a host of other things.

Holy sh...did you miss it again? It was OFFICIALLY PUSHED amongst the actual people on production. Crew was sent home...this isn't a rumor. I am working with one of the people who were, and it was confirmed by him. Do you understand that??

I've already said, major crew was to start in Detroit Jan. 16th. That would likely mean a start of principle by February at the latest, specially when you consider some positions. Sure, anything can happen now, but there was an official delay. Do you at least get that part?

If it was location scouting, again, that often takes place months before shooting....moreso in a major city.

It can when you know which positions are showing up when.

I got it the first time you said it. No need to fluster. maybe you're right.
We'll see that soon.

Wait, you're saying the statement -- IN the WB press release -- is an assumption BY the studio? Good god
I didn't say that.
I said that the only thing the press released said WAS the 2016 release date. The other things weren't said by WB.

the bold part is an assumption not a confirmation by WB.

The WB statment is this...

Fellman stated, “We are happy to take advantage of these coveted summer dates, which are perfect for two of our biggest tentpole releases. We share the fans’ excitement to see DC Comics’ most popular figures, Superman and Batman, together on the big screen for the first time, which will now be arriving in theatres in May 2016.

When those sites Variety, THR, Deadline and The Wrap said smth that's it's almost confirmed or followed by WB confirmation.

Are you drunk??? The bold part is very much a part of the statement released from WB. Whatever you're drinking or smoking please share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"