BvS Superman/batman production and filming news, pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, like many, figured the delay upon first hearing was because of script issues...especially when the word of Terrio coming on board spread. But when I found out the real reason, it's probably not what many would guess because it seems so simple...cameos, how long would that take a few days? Seemingly something that could be scheduled rather easily on the fly amongst eight months of shooting, right? But then when you think about it, if they want to lock these actors in for these roles, you're looking at some seven-ish years of commitment over multiple films, and that's a lot to ask and to negotiate.

So they apparently felt strongly enough about this to push the start of this monster's production by three months while they secured things more (for miniscule parts in THIS movie), which then threw off release by an entire year. I gotta say, that seems like a pretty impressive and decisive commitment to this whole JL/Shared Universe thing, as opposed to the half-assery that many assumed.

When you put it that way, it is pretty impressive.

The problem with the online chatter is that not everyone knows as much as you do (even if you know just the basics), and so every single thing is looked at as indecision on WB/DCs part rather than a concrete plan and confidence in that plan.

WB/DC could come out and announce an entire slate of movies at SDCC complete with release dates and not just "Untitled movie X" and some sites will still find a way to spin that as bad news.

Good to hear that WB/DC are making sure they have their ducks in a row before the official announcements happen.

When you put it that way, it is pretty impressive.

The problem with the online chatter is that not everyone knows as much as you do (even if you know just the basics), and so every single thing is looked at as indecision on WB/DCs part rather than a concrete plan and confidence in that plan.

WB/DC could come out and announce an entire slate of movies at SDCC complete with release dates and not just "Untitled movie X" and some sites will still find a way to spin that as bad news.

Good to hear that WB/DC are making sure they have their ducks in a row before the official announcements happen.
Marvel announces 3 untitled movies in 2018. WB announces WW, JL and a Cyborg/Metal Men team-up movie that same year.

I can already see Faraci say something like "Man, Marvel knows what they're doing! I cannot wait to see what those three movies are! Meanwhile, DC has lost it... They don't know ****!!!" :o

Marvel announces 3 untitled movies in 2018. WB announces WW, JL and a Cyborg/Metal Men team-up movie that same year.

I can already see Faraci say something like "Man, Marvel knows what they're doing! I cannot wait to see what those three movies are! Meanwhile, DC has lost it... They don't know ****!!!" :o

Quote of Truth. Love the avatar, by the way. RIP The Warrior.

Oh yeah totally....without knowing what's up, it must have looked like WB/DC was just tiptoeing through things in comparison to Marvel's more blitzkrieg approach. But from sounds of it, part of it was being thorough and not letting too much out before securing some pretty important aspects. Maybe their overall approach is more patient/strategic or something.

It's the WB approach to almost all of their franchises/tentpoles. They go one film at a time, but leave open the possibility of sequels.

I am curious to see what these solo films could be because they've gotta be down the line AFTER the Justice League film. And the reason I say this is because WB has a couple of potential franchises in the making if the box office for each film is just right.

Think about this: Pan, Pacific Rim, Godzilla, Tarzan, King Arthur, Harry Potter Spinoff Trilogy. These are all potential franchises on WB's slate over the next few years. If a few of those hit big, WB technically doesn't need the DC properties on the big screen unless it's a team up film. That doesn't even take into account the possibility of future films like Inception and Gravity that WB releases that could be huge as well.

I've always maintain that WB's the best studio around just for the simple fact that, most of the times, they let the filmmakers do their thing. They're not perfect but look at Pacific Rim and now possibly Godzilla. Both films look like director's vision. Same with Man of Steel.

Oh yeah totally....without knowing what's up, it must have looked like WB/DC was just tiptoeing through things in comparison to Marvel's more blitzkrieg approach. But from sounds of it, part of it was being thorough and not letting too much out before securing some pretty important aspects. Maybe their overall approach is more patient/strategic or something.

Absolutely this.

I'll hand it to Marvel, sure; they were bold and blazed their trail. They came out and said "we're putting out this movie and that movie on these dates...we don't have directors or actors yet and are just cracking the scripts now, but they're happening." And they kept their word; right on.

DC has been planning and fitting pieces and working their thing behind the scenes...doing it their way (partly because they answer to a much larger parent company in WB, sure). They had their setbacks with the shared universe from a few different circumstances...

...but when this hammer drops, it's gonna be huge...and I cannot wait for all of it.

Oh yeah totally....without knowing what's up, it must have looked like WB/DC was just tiptoeing through things in comparison to Marvel's more blitzkrieg approach. But from sounds of it, part of it was being thorough and not letting too much out before securing some pretty important aspects. Maybe their overall approach is more patient/strategic or something. Or...'movie' than 'comic', or what have you.

I think it is more of, you will hear the news when we tell you the news.

If we actually think about it, there has been little actual "news" from Marvel. It is just because they have been on the press rounds for Cap 2 that they have been saying stuff like "We have things planned out till 2028" and other similar things. If DC had a movie coming out this year, then we would hear a lot of non-answers like that for DC movies as well.

I think the main issue has been that the people who can talk to it i.e. Zack Snyder, Ben Affleck, David Goyer, Kevin Tsujihara and maybe Geoff Johns have just not been part of any major press rounds in some time. The last major press blast from any of them was when Snyder was promoting 300:Rise of an Empire, and he teased news at that time, and the Kevin Tsujihara profile in NYT.

that's been pretty obvious from the start, I would think. As I and others have alluded in regards to the 'don't know what they're doing..' talk....the biggest and most successful movie studio in the world most likely knows exactly what they're doing one way or another...even if it might not be how someone else wants it. And chances are, they'll continue being successful whether or not DC fans etc. feel as 'catered to' as Marvel fans, and so on.

:hrt:

Absolutely this.

I'll hand it to Marvel, sure; they were bold and blazed their trail. They came out and said "we're putting out this movie and that movie on these dates...we don't have directors or actors yet and are just cracking the scripts now, but they're happening." And they kept their word; right on.

DC has been planning and fitting pieces and working their thing behind the scenes...doing it their way (partly because they answer to a much larger parent company in WB, sure). They had their setbacks with the shared universe from a few different circumstances...

...but when this hammer drops, it's gonna be huge...and I cannot wait for all of it.

DC isn't doing anything. Warners does everything

Momoa is someone I can easily see Zack Snyder casting. Big, well built actor with a ''badass'' vibe and passable acting ability. And he has this ''look'' about him. So I'm sure he has a role, whatever it is.

A reminder: this was Devin Faraci on Jan. 13

I was recently told by a very, very trusted source that the role Jason Momoa was up for (but is currently denying) is definitely Aquaman, but it's essentially a cameo setting up the next movie. Momoa's denials today could just be a smokescreen intended to protect the surprise nature of the cameo...

I'm really interested to see who they'll be leaving out of the JL, if Momoa does indeed end up playing Aquaman.

Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Cyborg, Aquaman are in.

I don't see them going past 7 members....Flash is certainly gonna be in it, so that leaves one member.

I was really buying into them adding Green Arrow, just because of his recognition right now, but it looks like he won't make it. It's either Arrow, Manhunter, or Lantern.

Considering that 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' will have a whopping 10 Avengers, I can definitely see Warners including Aquaman, Manhunter, Flash, Lantern, AND Green Arrow in with the 4 we already have confirmed.

I meant DC isn't producing they're own films, like Marvel does. So they don't get control over what goes on, they're not the ones planning anything. Warners are

:doh: WB owns DC, DC is part of WB...got it; everyone knows this. You're splitting hairs here. Just let it go and let's drive on with the conversations at hand.

I post a frickin' book and the only thing you home in on is that.
[sarcasm] Right on [/sarcasm]

I'm really interested to see who they'll be leaving out of the JL, if Momoa does indeed end up playing Aquaman.

Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Cyborg, Aquaman are in.

I don't see them going past 7 members....Flash is certainly gonna be in it, so that leaves one member.

I was really buying into them adding Green Arrow, just because of his recognition right now, but it looks like he won't make it. It's either Arrow, Manhunter, or Lantern.

Well it looks like the DCCU is following the New52 exactly in terms of JLA roster. The confirmation of Cyborg all but shows that. Which is disappointing to me because I think the JL/U roster is the best.

Getting closer, can't wait

2637107-2228387_22_super.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija