BvS Superman/batman production and filming news, pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ That's a location?

I really want to know what Cavill is doing in Michigan.

That articles is from January 19th, and oddly has the release date as 2015.

"Batman vs Superman" Scene to be Filmed near Metamora
Rumors have been circulating around the internet that filming the new superhero team up film Batman vs Superman, it’s temporary name at the moment, will be filming in Metamora, MI specifically at the Metamora State Park.
A Metamora State Park official states that those internet rumors are not true.
“This is simply not the case and not true, filming will not be taking place at the Metamora State Park,” the park official said. “Warner Bros. Pictures has not contacted us or applied for any park applications. They would have had to apply six months in advance so that we, as a park, make sure that none of the natural resources would be disturbed at the state park.”
However, after a closer (and very cold) investigation into the surrounding area by our resident movie guru and self-pro-claimed Batman superfan Justin Shanlin, it appears as though the filming will actually be taking place just a few miles down the road off Caley Rd. in Metmaora.
Construction is underway in Metamora and by the looks of things this will indeed be a possible location for this upcoming hero epic. The “No Trespassing” signs are a slight give away, but not as much as the security guard that was standing at his post on a blustery Saturday morning. He held clear signs that read “Sage” bring it to almost certainty that this film will indeed have a scene shot here. Warner Bros has listed the codename title for this film as “Sage and Milo”.
Unfortunately, residents of the area also declined to comment. This new film will star Ben Affleck as the new Caped Crusader, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and returns “Man of Steel” alumni Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Laurence Fishbourne. “Batman vs Superman” or whatever the director Zack Snyder and Warner Bros. decides to call the film will be pumping roughly $131 million dollars into Michigan, and shooting won’t be just taking place at the Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac, but a large chunk of the film will be shot in Detroit and the surrounding areas. General Motors has also been rumored with designing the new Bat-mobile that Affleck will be driving.
If filming does begin off Caley Rd. be sure to turn to the Michigan Times with up to date filming locations and casting news.

http://www.themichigantimes.com/article/2014/02/batman-vs-superman-scene-to-be-filmed-near-metamora

So what are we thinking that's going to be filmed here?

^ That's a location?

I really want to know what Cavill is doing in Michigan.
Yeah according to this info its a new filming location.

So what are we thinking that's going to be filmed here?
I think all give us to think, that if Henry is there. They're filming some Superman/Clark Kent scenes or screen tests.

Last edited:
There was an article last month that talked about the location. It said they were constructing a house near a lake for one scene.

New details from BvS production.

While production is, by official word, delayed until the 2nd quarter of the year, Batman on Film, comes with an update on when some filming may take place and even a photoshoot with the new Batmobile.
This is considered “rumor” at this time, so please keep this in mind until corroborating information surfaces.
According to their source, filming begin in Michigan inside MMPS (the indoor sound stages) around mid-March. On location shoots may begin in May or June. (Note: Gal Gadot has said she begins filming in May.) Their source states it may be that thesmall football game sequence, filmed on October 19 2013 between Gotham and Metropolis, ends up on the cutting room floor due to re-writes on the film from Chris Terrio.
He continues with a shoot is currently taking place in Los Angeles on the Batmobile. It’s not know if this is for use in the film or promotional purposes.
The writing team involved of Zack Snyder, David Goyer, Chris Terrio, and perhaps with sway from Ben Affleck, seems to be making positive progress towards delivering the world’s first big screen incarnation of Superman and Batman.

source: http://www.manofsteelfanpage.com/ma...-could-a-batmobile-shoot-be-taking-place-157/

1388244719973.gif

BatmanOnFilm's quotes

"One minor update and one potentially major update. I’ve been told that Michigan shooting will start at Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac. I’m hearing mid-March as the start date. Michigan location shooting won’t start until late spring (May or possibly June) at the earliest."

Mid-march filming? We hope that's true
!!!!

New BvS suits designer quotes:

“I’m working in Detroit on Batman vs. Superman [2016] and its super cold there,” states Patrick Tatopoulos (Dark City) who, along with surviving a polar vortex which has swept North America, is handing the production design for the project which brings together the two iconic DC superheroes. “At the end of 300: Rise of an Empire [2014] I met with Zack [Snyder] and he said, ‘I going to do this movie and want you to design it.’ I was stunned. I thought, ‘Wow! Great.’ That’s where it started. This is a crazy huge movie. It’s taking a lot of energy but it’s something that someone like me needs to do in his lifetime.”​

“There’s a project that is close to me that I was going to direct and I said, ‘I need to do this,’” reveals Tatopoulos, who also helmed Underworld: Rise of the Lycons (2009). “Working with Zack again was important to me because he’s an amazing director with an incredible vision. Batman and Superman is something I’ve always wanted to do. I would have chosen one or both. I got the offer and jumped on it.” The highly anticipated big screen teaming of the Man of Steel (Henry Cavill) and the Dark Knight (Ben Affleck) has been delayed from its original 2015 release date. “The big chunk that we want to do for the movie is there but there is so much more to do. For me, it’s been a blessing that it has been pushed a little bit.”

According to Roman Fernandez, who snapped one of previous Cavill's Instagram photo, said “Henry’s personal trainer from Salt Lake City was competing at the event – the 2014 Michigan Barbell Classic. And every athlete is allowed to bring a friend/coach/ training partner to help with spotting and setting up. Henry was his spotter.” Fernandez added that when he spoke to them, they said “they will be in Michigan for a while, at least 6 months.”

The Kent farm appears ready to go and we can't wait for Clark to get back there. Our awesome Illinois set reporter Lauren, today has an exclusive update on how things are looking at the Yorkville location that will be used in Man of Steel 2.

Here are the photos I took!

Few updates... Looks like they did some exterior painting since I was there last. They boarded up the windows (probably to deter people from breaking in) and added a rectangular window to the very top of the house which was not there last time.

I'm wondering if designing is done on the inside of the house already?? A lot of the cars and lights that were on the property a month ago are no longer there, however there was one car parked outside the barn.

My thought is that they are pretty much done preparing the property and it's ready for filming!!

Pretty exciting!

Thanks!
Lauren

Last we heard, filming is now reportedly set to begin in Detroit next month. But there's no word on how the release and production delay could have affected when the sequel films in Illinois. Lucky for us we have Lauren on the scene. Stay tuned for updates!
source: http://www.henrycavillnews.com/2014/02/who-is-ready-for-this-reunion-exclusive.html

Well that's nice to see. hope we get to see a few more sets from the movie.

Last edited:
Okay good. We'll be getting a lot more information in the coming weeks :up:

Balls in the air. Um. Snyder's way of speaking sometimes :dry:

The rest of the interview.

Hero Complex: Have you started filming ‘Superman-Batman’?
Zack Snyder: We’re getting ready to start shooting in a month or so. It’s going great. I’m very excited. It’s very fun to get into this world with different heroes coexisting in the same universe, but a lot of balls in the air as they say. As a fan, it’s an amazing opportunity. You know, Superman and Batman in the movies have never existed in the same frame together. So it’s an interesting historical thing. We were just testing the suits, right? The new Batsuit and the Superman suit. It wasn’t even with the actors, right? It was just to see ‘em. I was standing there, they were standing next to each other. And I was like, “Guys, someone take a picture! This has never happened before.” We slightly dork out. Like, “Are you kidding me?!”
HC: How surprised are you by all the outcry over some of your casting choices? From Gal Gadot to Ben playing Batman? Jesse as Lex Luthor?
ZS: There are two ways to think about it. We know the material. Unfortunately, the fans don’t know the material. So, we’re casting according to what’s happening in the script. And we’re hoping that leads to enough originality, enough perspective on what we’re doing that you get something fresh and exciting. I understand the canon. I’m not crazy. I know what these characters need from a mythological standpoint. I think Jesse is going to be an amazing Lex. Let’s not forget he was nominated for an Academy Award. It’s not like I just grabbed my friend to play the guy! This guy’s the real deal. By the way, in looking at all the talk-back, you can get all different perspectives in there too. Some people are hating to hate. Some people — someone did some fan art. And you look underneath and someone wrote, “I guess I can see it.” Honestly, are you kidding me? Just stop it! It’s reassuring and frustrating at the same time.
HC: It seems like you’re not insulating yourself from fan dialogue about the project. You’re out there listening to what people have to say. But ultimately, you are trying to serve the material. So what you’re saying is, fans should take heart in that.
ZS: Not just that. [The movie] literally takes the “Man of Steel” and “Batman” universes and explodes them. You’re not as tied to the mythology. In “Man of Steel,” we had to create an origin story, a mythology, and there’s a lot of energy into that, which we love doing. Don’t get me wrong. But when you think about how fun it is too — now that you’ve got these characters — to now let ‘em loose. That’s fun!

Last edited:
I guess a month or so means we could actually get a Batman suit reveal or tease around that time. sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"